Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
first time to wear a one peice

i hope this is the right section.

i went to the twisties this past sunday and wore my leathers. its a one-peice HRC suit. its used and already broken in. but when i wore them....i dunno. it didnt feel the same. i felt safer. but i felt i wasnt riding like i normally can. usually i can get pretty low in the corners and keep a good speed without pushing it. but when i had the one-peice on, damn i dunno. i guess what im tryin to say is that it feels weird. is this normal? i hope not so by the time i get to the track. like, it felt like i couldnt get my body position right. i pretty much just stopped riding yesterday. i just parked and chilled. i didnt want to get pissed at myself and went down. my friends also said that it could be because of my tires being squared off because of all the city riding we do. but i dont think its because of that. i think its because of the suit.

Last edited by hfa3g11; 02-13-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
yes very normal all you got to do is give it time before you know
it you will get so used to the suit that you wont ride without your
leathers it will feel very akward if you do

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Nemesis

The first time I wore my 1 pc on the bike my jaws just dropped. I could not believe just how easy it was to hang off (butt slides off the seat with no effort). It felt like I was butt naked yet at the same time feeling well protected all around.

Another thing I noticed was the extra padding on the bottom buttocks made riding on the RR's plank seat tolerable for hours.

There is nothing like a 1 pc suit. 1 pc and 2 pc suits is like night and day. Can't really compare the two.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
The first time I wore my 1 pc on the bike my jaws just dropped. I could not believe just how easy it was to hang off (butt slides off the seat with no effort). It felt like I was butt naked yet at the same time feeling well protected all around.

Another thing I noticed was the extra padding on the bottom buttocks made riding on the RR's plank seat tolerable for hours.

There is nothing like a 1 pc suit. 1 pc and 2 pc suits is like night and day. Can't really compare the two.
yea, as soon as i put it on and got on my bike, i felt like a trackstar. haha. i felt really really safe. it felt very good too. and youre right, i can slide off easier. but... like i said, i cant put my figner on it. it felt wierd going around the twisties at the same time it felt good. i felt that my body position is all whack with the suit. it felt very awkward.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Nemesis

Awkward as in restrictive? If so, where?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

no not restrictive. just i felt like my body position was all effed up. naturally you would think it would make it easier for you to lean more and set your mindframe at ease. but for me, it felt like i took a step backwards. i couldnt lean as much. it almost seems i forgot my body position, not that mine is perfect, but i think its okay. but with the suit, it doesnt feel that way.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If you are wearing a nice tight fitting suit, I can see where you feel restricted. In some ways you are, especially if you only wore a Jacket and like Jeans or something. You'll get used to it man. Just keep wearing it, and you'll be fine. IMO, its a good thing that you feel funny wearing it, just goes to show you notice the "feel" of things.

"She's got legs that keep going and going and going and make a turd chopper out of themselves." GBord

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy e
If you are wearing a nice tight fitting suit, I can see where you feel restricted. In some ways you are, especially if you only wore a Jacket and like Jeans or something. You'll get used to it man. Just keep wearing it, and you'll be fine. IMO, its a good thing that you feel funny wearing it, just goes to show you notice the "feel" of things.
true. thanks. but is not tight at all. feels good. if anything, it may be just like a half inch too big. but its def already worn in. i bought it used. and the guy i got it from bought it used too.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 07:49 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
When I forst starting riding in a suit it felt really weird too. Just not natural. But after riing for a couple years with leathers I feel the same if I go for a cruise in just jeans and a jacket. You'll get used to it

Yellow 08 1000RR
Nesba/Wera 561
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page