Ok, Proly a stupid question - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok, Proly a stupid question

I'm looking into my first track day this summer, and have heard great things about NESBA, but on the website it looks like you have to be a member to sign up for any of their track days. Is this true? Even if I'm only going to one track day the whole year do I still have to pay the $75 a year to be a member? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Superbike racer

most places do require a membership. if you aren't a member you will pay more for the track day...who can only limit themselves to one track day? it's too addicting

CCS EX#100
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

well I've never been to one before, and don't exactly have a lot of money to spend on trackdays, so I was just gonna get the first one out of the way this summer, but I guess I'll just have to pay the $75. It looks like you get a lot of benefits with the membership anyway.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 07:24 PM

FInd the track closest to you and see if they put on there own trackday, that way you dont have to become a member. That is what Jenningsgp does in the south and it works for everyone.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 07:28 PM

If you have to pick one, I'd suggest NESBA. I don't have a whole lot of experience with track day outfits, but theirs is top notch. I was treated very well at Road A. The membership is good for a calendar year, remember that.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 10:56 AM

+1 for NESBA. Listen to the CRs; you will learn much.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 11:03 AM

If its your first time I'd rec Sportbike Tracktime (STT). They have a great program for the novice class with inclass instruction plus the membership fee is less than NESBA. That said, NESBA is definitely a great group to ride with but like I said, so is STT.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

I think me and a friend are planning on going to the nesba track day at the midamerica motoplex near omaha on July 16th. You do have to be a member, but we figure that's better for the perks you get anyway. I can't wait for summer now, I'm so pumped. Anything that I really need to know being this is my first time to a track?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 05:11 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith_22
I think me and a friend are planning on going to the nesba track day at the midamerica motoplex near omaha on July 16th. You do have to be a member, but we figure that's better for the perks you get anyway. I can't wait for summer now, I'm so pumped. Anything that I really need to know being this is my first time to a track?
I think they might have an associate membership, which is like a 1-day type deal but most orgs that do that allow you to apply it towards a full membership if you choose to continue with them.

There should be lots of threads on this subject here. I know I have responed to a ton in the past. Just do a search. But the biggest thing is to make sure you check your ego at the gate when you sign in. Be a sponge, ask questions, listen, learn. No one is too good for instruction. AMA level riders routinely go to instruction and race schools. Sometimes it takes another persons point of view or methods to make yours better. We get stuck doing one thing and it takes another to show you that it can be done a better, faster way. I just read something from Nate Kern, (Hooters Suzuki ex team member, BMW World PowerCup/Boxercup racer) and he said he came back from Freddie Spencers school with a whole bunch of different thought, thechnique and approach to riding/racing.

Just keep in mind that trackdays are just that. They are to have fun and learn and work on your limits while remaining in your comfort zone. Take it easy and you will find you will progress accordingly. Trackdays (and practice sessions before racing) are not racing or qualifying. It's not about who can turn the fastest lap. Ride within your limits and just have fun and enjoy the experience.

And once you do one, it's all down hill from there. Thats like saying you're going to happy hour with the office hotties and are only going to stay for one drink. Who are you kidding?

NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/ASRA #973
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
MW SuperSport, MW Superbike, MW Grand Prix, HW SuperSport, HW Superbike, UNL SuperSport, UNL Superbike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page