Oak Hill, Texas - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oak Hill, Texas

Anybody go? I totally chickened out. Its freezing. I hope all the racers there did well this weekend.

Any 600RR Bros out there, I'll see you at MSR Cresson.

I've never ridden the regular direction, I'll be a trip to go right straight into the "Rattlesnake" as the first thing after a Grid Start.

If you were at Oak Hill, hope ya stayed warm and engine didn't freeze.

See ya at Cresson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 07:07 PM

I went to the track day Fri., then worked corners Sat/Sun. It was damn cold all three days, and a little wet Sat. I chickened out on racing myself......was worried I wouldn't be able to get home w/ a trailer in tow if the roads got bad so I ran it all home Fri night. The races went great considering the weather and all. Saw lots of 600's, but only got to talk w/ a few of them, don't think any of the ones I spoke w/ were on here.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 07:15 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Guess I didnt miss out on much then.. I heard it was kinda icy there too.. wowsers

^chka0tic :: WERA N#721 :: 2003 Honda CBR600RR
- OverTwo Customs / http://www.overtwocustoms.com/
- Vortex Racing / www.vortexracing.com
- RK Chain / www.rkexcelamerica.com
- Lockhart Phillips / www.teamprivateer.com
-
- www.sponsorhouse.com/members/chkaotic

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 02:34 PM

You guys missed out on some great racing!!! High on Sunday was around 34 but the track was good enough for some experts on the mid :20's and Novices in the :30.0's. Races were shortend to 5 laps, good thing since you couldn't feel your fingers after that. My bigget problem was vision. Finally solved that in the afternoon and got 2 x 3rd's and a 2nd. Got hole shot in all but one race, (guy jumped then ignored meatball) but I had him by T2, so I led all five races for at least two laps. Be looking for a kid named Kessley pretty soon, he's stupid fast!! Made him earn the last one but he's a great rider. Don't take this the wrong way, but running in the front is a trip. A whole new game when you realize what's behind you, just as hungry as you were last season. A great weekend in all, lots of RR's on the podium, didn't get beat by the al mighty R6 either..........
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbuck
Got hole shot in all but one race,
Yea, I think the starter was giving you a wink before he threw the flag! J/K Your timing was on for sure. I was working T7, and we'd slip across to watch the starts. Took a few races for me to realize who you were, was expecting to see Woody out there for some reason. Never got a chance to find ya off the track, but maybe at Cresson next month. Congrats on a good weekend.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Whew! a Great Event after all. I guess because all the CMRA folks just "Got It" no matter what Mother Nature gonna throw

Weesley and Fast Buck, I'll see if I can't keep up...
(at least not get lapped by ya'll LOL)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 02:10 PM

Cresson CCW is a blast!! See ya'll there.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Now I get it, Kesley... Danny Kelsey, on the RPS/Komodo team. He raced one weekend at TWS, and basically scored top 5 or better in as many events his bike could enter, like 6 or 7 events probably most back to back. He was up there with Cory Burleson in every one. Now Cory is Expert, and since Kelsey only raced one weekend, he kept his Provisional Novice Shirt for Oak Hill.

I think I'll go pray to the motorcycle Gods for the ability to keep up with him just a little would be nice.

Cresson CCW... wondering what it'll be like going into the Rattlesnake right after a Grid Start, probably be smooth, two or so wide in the chicane ... then smooth accelerating lefty to a small straight , then to a cresting hill left turn , gas on all the way and blaze down the straight ...

Glad ya had fun Racing at Oak Hill Buck, at 22 degrees... Wild!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:36 PM

Actually the grid is between Ricochet and Big Bend so Big Bend is T1 and the set up for Rattlesnake is T2. I think we'll only be running the older sectiona nd none of the new back section. I think the back section is gonna be very hairy!! If you haven't seen it, lots of steep elevation changes, and a wicked switchback right after heavy downhill braking. Should be fun for tire choices too when that part is included.
Kesley is a true prov nov as I undeerstand it. Just got his license last weekend, but is going to go expert asap and try to get his AMA ticket next season. Don't think he's riden anywhere besides the Hill though, so Cresson will be interesting with him starting up front this time. Ya'll gonna get a chance to run there before the race weekend?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

LSTD on Friday

last time I was there, a tarantula came out to visit us while we were hanging out all night, gotta remember to zip up the tent and shake the boots out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page