Ecr 4/19/14 - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ecr 4/19/14

Just signed up for ECR on 4/19 with RideSmart. Who else is in? Would be nice to meet up/ pit next to some fellow .netters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 12:15 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i'm going with them june 7-8th

'12 CBR1000RR - Streets
'09 ZX6R - Track only

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 02:49 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I might stop by if Roger is there for suspension support. I probably won't be ready to ride by then, still getting the bike ready and healing up.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 03:09 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRR View Post
I might stop by if Roger is there for suspension support. I probably won't be ready to ride by then, still getting the bike ready and healing up.
I'm in the same boat, what are ya healing from?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1971 Volkswagen 1302 (02.19.2015 - )

For Sale:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...0rr-c-abs.html
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 03:45 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrkat28 View Post
I'm in the same boat, what are ya healing from?

I got rear ended last month, I have a thread about it in the crash section. My bike was destroyed so I'm working on an R6 project now, planning on May 18 for my first trackday this year...if my back cooperates.

What about you?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 04:09 AM
Moto GP Racer

Fractured my right collarbone and smashed my humerus where it sits in my shoulder socket with one piece dislocating and went forward. That was January 13...1 plate, 14 screws, and 2 months of physical therapy later I just became able to wipe my 4ss yesterday lol

1971 Volkswagen 1302 (02.19.2015 - )

For Sale:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...0rr-c-abs.html
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Dang guys, a little bruised and battered down here, eh? Glad to see that you guys are recovering and rebuilding nicely.

There's a guy I've been talking here and I might take his SV650 off his hands. So I'll either have that or my 600 there.

I've heard that ECR has repaved in the off season? Can anyone confirm this?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 03:24 AM
Knee Dragger

They started repairs last year. They repaved big sections in several turns and added a lot of drainage. My last trackday there was in October and it was much better than it was during the summer. I'm not sure what they did during the off season though, one of my friends was there recently and he didn't mention any major changes. It still needs work but I love it.

Last edited by PatrickRR; 03-23-2014 at 03:26 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thanks for the update Pat... You going to be there in April?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Update the day after...

Getting there- This track, like many, is in the middle of no where and my GPS was way off (about 5 miles) off of the actual address, just keep driving on 51 you can't miss it. Also, phone signal is intermittent, and non existent at the track, so plan ahead.

The track- lots of 2-3rd gear and 4th of your quick enough. All turns off the long straights are blind and pretty sharp, gotta get her slowed down down to 2nd for all of them. With that being said, make sure your front pads are in good shape. Mine we're about 50% at the start of the day and now need replaced. I even took an extra set with me to the track just in case.

Overall track condition is pretty good, no serious bumps or waves in the track that are of concern. One thing to watch for is the water seepage and sweating, that can change throughout the day. I was told it typically happens in turn 6 but I only saw it in the middle of the track on the exits 9 and 11. But those 2 were not an issue because it was not on the race line.

Overall personal experience- I went in with the expectation of working on increasing my entry speed into the corners and overall body position. I was able to get comfortable to decreasing breaking into the apex of the turn which was really weird at first but then became second nature. This really helped increasing entry speed and overall cornering speed.

I lined up the final couple sessions behind a couple liter bikes that were pretty quick (level 1, these guys have a couple years under their belt but just like the more 1 on 1 attention vs. level 2 and a instructor in tow). I just tried to play keep up with cleaner lines and ended up on their tail the whole time. Of course not on the straights but would catch up in breaking and higher corner speeds.

I actually was kinda impressed myself with the improvements I made throughout the day and kept the shinny side up, so all in all I consider it a success.

Critique is always welcome:

oh, and I may sell my street bike for a prepped track bike, I'm sorry but DFW drivers are terrible.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 12:36 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Looks like you had a good day

I like ECR even though those long straights and fairly tight double apex corners really make for a lot of hard braking. Sounds like you started getting comfortable with some trail braking and that is a big help at ECR.

How did you do in that T1-2 complex? Most L1 riders (and a lot of L2 guys) really struggle with getting that one smooth. On a 600 it's a lot more important to carry decent speed through there so you can make that run up the hill to T3.

I hope they get the water seeping issues sorted out this year. There was a nasty one in T2 that always caught people out and one on the exit of T8 that would provide a real pucker moment if you drifted the slightest bit wide.

Are you planning to hit MSRC next month?

Enjoy every minute of life!

Current stable:
05 Honda CBR 600RR (track only)
06 BMW R1200 GS (sold)
08 Honda CBR 1000RR (street only)
12 BMW K1600GTL

IBA# 57849

Motorcycle Road Trips I've Taken: http://lonemuser.blogspot.com/p/moto...rip-index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page