Pics / Videos of your track crashes! - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
JonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sunny Los Angeles California
Posts: 2,538
Images: 4
Thanks: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Pics / Videos of your track crashes!

I noticed that we don't have a thread for all of us who have crashed at the track. Unfortunately as a track day rider it's one of those things that happens, and hopefully we can learn from it. Recording yourself riding can improve your riding, and help to identify why you crashed by observing your body position, lean angle, and exhaust noise when applicable.

So for those of us who have gone down, post up a video or pictures of the damage/crash done to the bike!

Here, I'll start it off! This is my second crash ever on a track. This was the middle of the day 4th or 5th session I believe in "the bowl" at streets of willow, clockwise direction.



Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
JonnieR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 08:49 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ouch!

I've had 3 crashes at the track since 2006... None of which I was running video, oddly enough.

Not many pictures either, lol.

Here is one, trying to get it sorted.



"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 09:24 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
crashkhanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC 28217
Posts: 3,968
Thanks: 449
Thanked 331 Times in 285 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Been on the track since '09. 1 crash. Didn't even get to crash it myself....taken out last season :(



Fast Forward to about 11:45

'07 CBR600RR Track-Only Demon!
Nesba/N2/PRE/TPM/Roger Lyle "A" Group // CCS #306

'08 GSXR 600 Blue ~ Current Bike
'07 Yamaha R6 Blue ~ SOLD
'08 CBR600RR Silver ~ SOLD
'06 Yamaha R6 Black ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 TrackOnly ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 White ~ SOLD
'08 Yamaha R6 ~ SOLD
'07 GSXR 750 ~ SOLD
'12 Aprilia RSV4 Factory ~ Crashed/SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Black ~ SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Phoenix TrackOnly ~SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Red/Black ~SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Blue/Silver ~SOLD
crashkhanman is offline  
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 09:32 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Those are the worst man!!!

My 3 crashes are:
1st: Instructing and had a student tuck the front and take me out... T6 at Homestead Speedway.
2nd: I was chasing Stefano Mesa around JGP and lost the front in T1...
3rd: I was running a faulty master cylinder that we thought was fixed, it wasn't... Locked up the front brakes in T13 at JGP and I lost the front.

2 of the 3 weren't my fault either, SUCKS! LOL


"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 10:02 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
crashkhanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC 28217
Posts: 3,968
Thanks: 449
Thanked 331 Times in 285 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^^Those do suck! I was more pissed about not being able to find my limits on my own then the bike.

You don't get to learn anything from those accidents besides the other guy sucks lol

A CR got taken out this weekend from a guy he was giving a tow to. Totaled his bike :(

'07 CBR600RR Track-Only Demon!
Nesba/N2/PRE/TPM/Roger Lyle "A" Group // CCS #306

'08 GSXR 600 Blue ~ Current Bike
'07 Yamaha R6 Blue ~ SOLD
'08 CBR600RR Silver ~ SOLD
'06 Yamaha R6 Black ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 TrackOnly ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 White ~ SOLD
'08 Yamaha R6 ~ SOLD
'07 GSXR 750 ~ SOLD
'12 Aprilia RSV4 Factory ~ Crashed/SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Black ~ SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Phoenix TrackOnly ~SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Red/Black ~SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Blue/Silver ~SOLD
crashkhanman is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 10:05 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkhanman View Post
^^Those do suck! I was more pissed about not being able to find my limits on my own then the bike.

You don't get to learn anything from those accidents besides the other guy sucks lol

A CR got taken out this weekend from a guy he was giving a tow to. Totaled his bike :(
Yes sir! Know it well, it totalled my 600RR back in '09 when I got taken out by a student too... Sucked.

Nothing like spending your own money to go help someone and have them crash and take you out totally your equipment...



"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
JonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sunny Los Angeles California
Posts: 2,538
Images: 4
Thanks: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You guys have some knarly crashes. Man, It sucks to be taken out by other riders, but I haven't faced that yet. My first crash was at spring mountain, t1 or 2, just tucked the front end carrying way to much speed into the turn on cold tires.

Then here at streets I'm getting crossed up, and my peg scraped in the bowl :(.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
JonnieR is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 10:57 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My 600RR after being taken out. lol Although this was obviously after all the damage was removed... lol And note to self, stop lending out your stands! LOL



When you can see how bad the lower triple is bent in a picture, you KNOW it's bad! LOL


"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
JonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sunny Los Angeles California
Posts: 2,538
Images: 4
Thanks: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
My 600RR after being taken out. lol Although this was obviously after all the damage was removed... lol And note to self, stop lending out your stands! LOL



When you can see how bad the lower triple is bent in a picture, you KNOW it's bad! LOL

How did you come out from that one? It looks like it was REALLLY bad if you had to do a full tear down.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
JonnieR is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 10:19 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Mina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,175
Thanks: 265
Thanked 335 Times in 272 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yay the crash club! It was a good day otherwise, but ended up shattering a bone in my hand that took 2 months to heal well enough to get the cast off.
Poor body position + damp track + too much throttle on the exit = a lot of fun! :)


Last edited by Mina; 03-31-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Mina is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnieR View Post
How did you come out from that one? It looks like it was REALLLY bad if you had to do a full tear down.
Actually not very bad... I fractured the humeral head (the ball at the top of the arm), dislocated that shoulder and a bit of a concussion.

But... It did start a chain reaction of dislocated shoulders that ended up requiring surgery last January.

It got so bad that I was coaching at CMP and I was waving a student by and had it dislocate... LOL Talking about awkward...



"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
JonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sunny Los Angeles California
Posts: 2,538
Images: 4
Thanks: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina View Post
Yay the crash club! It was a good day otherwise, but ended up shattering a bone in my hand that took 2 months to heal well enough to get the cast off.
Poor body position + damp track + too much throttle on the exit = a lot of fun! :)


Dang, everyone's braking their stuff! My crash on the street fractured my scaphoid and that's why I ride track now! Lol

That sucks, but fix her up and get back on!


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
JonnieR is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
JonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sunny Los Angeles California
Posts: 2,538
Images: 4
Thanks: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
Actually not very bad... I fractured the humeral head (the ball at the top of the arm), dislocated that shoulder and a bit of a concussion.



But... It did start a chain reaction of dislocated shoulders that ended up requiring surgery last January.



It got so bad that I was coaching at CMP and I was waving a student by and had it dislocate... LOL Talking about awkward...




Yikes. I'm riding with a fractured scaphoid in my left hand, and 2 ruined shoulders. I can dislocate my shoulders at will. When I crashed at Spring Mountain, my right shoulder dislocated in an awkward funny way. It hurt a little the rest of the day.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
JonnieR is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
crashkhanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC 28217
Posts: 3,968
Thanks: 449
Thanked 331 Times in 285 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I too broke a small bone in my left hand....started with an S. Apparently it was on of the slowest healing bones in the body....go figure lol

My knuckle is still F'd from that accident back in August. The doc didn't feel it was necessary to look at.

Hand injuries seem to be a very common for some reason. Glove companies need to up their game!

'07 CBR600RR Track-Only Demon!
Nesba/N2/PRE/TPM/Roger Lyle "A" Group // CCS #306

'08 GSXR 600 Blue ~ Current Bike
'07 Yamaha R6 Blue ~ SOLD
'08 CBR600RR Silver ~ SOLD
'06 Yamaha R6 Black ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 TrackOnly ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 White ~ SOLD
'08 Yamaha R6 ~ SOLD
'07 GSXR 750 ~ SOLD
'12 Aprilia RSV4 Factory ~ Crashed/SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Black ~ SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Phoenix TrackOnly ~SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Red/Black ~SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Blue/Silver ~SOLD

Last edited by crashkhanman; 04-01-2014 at 12:26 PM.
crashkhanman is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnieR View Post
Yikes. I'm riding with a fractured scaphoid in my left hand, and 2 ruined shoulders. I can dislocate my shoulders at will. When I crashed at Spring Mountain, my right shoulder dislocated in an awkward funny way. It hurt a little the rest of the day.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Get that thing fixed!!! I waited YEARS before finally doing mine. And it was a waste, there was NO reason to wait. I endured FAR too much pain!

Mine would dislocate MANY times per month, often while I was sleeping. I would lay on it wrong. Then I couldn't move and had to have my ex roll me over so I could get it back in.

Don't wait! Mine was a grade 5, worst it gets... It was a 5 hour surgery and it was worth it.


"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 12:06 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Mina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,175
Thanks: 265
Thanked 335 Times in 272 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnieR View Post
Dang, everyone's braking their stuff! My crash on the street fractured my scaphoid and that's why I ride track now! Lol

That sucks, but fix her up and get back on! [/color]
Fixed and sold, was a nice bike but just not the right size/ergos for me... :(

After crash:
Mina is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How about this one, not me but a guy I crew chief for. So the top pic was taken just after he crashed in his unlimited superbike race at Homestead speedway.

Well considering there was some STEEP competition there this weekend, we HAD to go back out... Robertino Pietri (MotoGP, AMA, etc...), Javier Del Amor (MotoGP), Dane Westby (AMA), Jason Farrell, etc...

Problem was the race was about an hour away... But... I got it fixed in time for the race (BARELY!) and Sean went out on it, bent clamps, one gas fork, one conventional fork, bent swingarm, bent subframe, etc...

And that's him, in first! Pretty awesome.



"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Niner1000RR For This Useful Post:
GuffRR (04-02-2014)
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
JonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sunny Los Angeles California
Posts: 2,538
Images: 4
Thanks: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkhanman View Post
I too broke a small bone in my left hand....started with an S. Apparently it was on of the slowest healing bones in the body....go figure lol



My knuckle is still F'd from that accident back in August. The doc didn't feel it was necessary to look at.



Hand injuries seem to be a very common for some reason. Glove companies need to up their game!

That's your scaphoid! Slowest healing bone! It doesn't get blood until the blood is on it's way back from your fingers, so it carries very little oxygen to help heal your bone. Ever get it fixed?

How's it effed up?

Very common because it's a natural instinct to put your hands in front of you to break a fall. That's why scaphoid protection is crucial. I use handroids now, and they've gone through 2 crashes. Still plenty of life in them!


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
JonnieR is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
JonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sunny Los Angeles California
Posts: 2,538
Images: 4
Thanks: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina View Post
Fixed and sold, was a nice bike but just not the right size/ergos for me... :(



After crash:


Nice fix. What'd you sell It for and what upgrades did it have? Year? Miles? Races? Trackdays? Tires? Lol.

What do you ride now?


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
JonnieR is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
JonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sunny Los Angeles California
Posts: 2,538
Images: 4
Thanks: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
How about this one, not me but a guy I crew chief for. So the top pic was taken just after he crashed in his unlimited superbike race at Homestead speedway.

Well considering there was some STEEP competition there this weekend, we HAD to go back out... Robertino Pietri (MotoGP, AMA, etc...), Javier Del Amor (MotoGP), Dane Westby (AMA), Jason Farrell, etc...

Problem was the race was about an hour away... But... I got it fixed in time for the race (BARELY!) and Sean went out on it, bent clamps, one gas fork, one conventional fork, bent swingarm, bent subframe, etc...

And that's him, in first! Pretty awesome.


What should I get fixed? My scaphoid? Or my shoulders? Truthfully, I should get both fixed. My shoulders have been bad for 2 years now. My scaphoid probably going on a year. I'm working on getting the scaphoid fixed, but my insurance is garbage. It's considered non union at this point (3 months in a cast) then it was healed, and 4 weeks later it was broken again for unknown reasons. (Nothing hard was done).

I'll deal with my shoulders when i can. They don't bother me, except when I play basketball, and that's very rarely now.

Man, that's crazy that he rode the bike in that condition and took 1st against bikes that were properly assembled lol! Good job rebuilding it in under an hour!


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
JonnieR is offline  
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
crashkhanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC 28217
Posts: 3,968
Thanks: 449
Thanked 331 Times in 285 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnieR View Post
That's your scaphoid! Slowest healing bone! It doesn't get blood until the blood is on it's way back from your fingers, so it carries very little oxygen to help heal your bone. Ever get it fixed?

How's it effed up?

Very common because it's a natural instinct to put your hands in front of you to break a fall. That's why scaphoid protection is crucial. I use handroids now, and they've gone through 2 crashes. Still plenty of life in them!


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
At about week 6 or 7...I cut the cast off so I could get back on the bike

I definitely felt it for another 2-3 weeks without the cast on it. Today its as good as ever. Fortunately it was a clean break and not out of place so no surgery required .

The knuckle is messed up on my left middle finger. Anytime I make a fist...the knuckle throbes. The range of motion still isn't 100%. Its about 98%. Took 6 months just to get that much back.

'07 CBR600RR Track-Only Demon!
Nesba/N2/PRE/TPM/Roger Lyle "A" Group // CCS #306

'08 GSXR 600 Blue ~ Current Bike
'07 Yamaha R6 Blue ~ SOLD
'08 CBR600RR Silver ~ SOLD
'06 Yamaha R6 Black ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 TrackOnly ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 White ~ SOLD
'08 Yamaha R6 ~ SOLD
'07 GSXR 750 ~ SOLD
'12 Aprilia RSV4 Factory ~ Crashed/SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Black ~ SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Phoenix TrackOnly ~SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Red/Black ~SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Blue/Silver ~SOLD
crashkhanman is offline  
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
JonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sunny Los Angeles California
Posts: 2,538
Images: 4
Thanks: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkhanman View Post
At about week 6 or 7...I cut the cast off so I could get back on the bike

I definitely felt it for another 2-3 weeks without the cast on it. Today its as good as ever. Fortunately it was a clean break and not out of place so no surgery required .

The knuckle is messed up on my left middle finger. Anytime I make a fist...the knuckle throbes. The range of motion still isn't 100%. Its about 98%. Took 6 months just to get that much back.

I wasn't even on the bike for 4 months and it didn't heal! :(


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
JonnieR is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnieR View Post
What should I get fixed? My scaphoid? Or my shoulders? Truthfully, I should get both fixed. My shoulders have been bad for 2 years now. My scaphoid probably going on a year. I'm working on getting the scaphoid fixed, but my insurance is garbage. It's considered non union at this point (3 months in a cast) then it was healed, and 4 weeks later it was broken again for unknown reasons. (Nothing hard was done).

I'll deal with my shoulders when i can. They don't bother me, except when I play basketball, and that's very rarely now.

Man, that's crazy that he rode the bike in that condition and took 1st against bikes that were properly assembled lol! Good job rebuilding it in under an hour!


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I was referring specifically to the shoulder, but anything that you can! I just regret that I had waited so long... :(

Yea it was a pretty crazy race! lol

Notice we had the bike stand on peg stands? The bike was so twisted it didn't want to stand on a regular stand. lol


"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
JonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sunny Los Angeles California
Posts: 2,538
Images: 4
Thanks: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
I was referring specifically to the shoulder, but anything that you can! I just regret that I had waited so long... :(



Yea it was a pretty crazy race! lol



Notice we had the bike stand on peg stands? The bike was so twisted it didn't want to stand on a regular stand. lol

My shoulder isn't a big concern for me for now. My scaphoid is. The tricky thing doesn't wanna heal. Now I'm having trouble finding a surgeon, and I'm sure surgery is gonna suck, work is gonna be like "wtf, this guy always has doctors appointments and ****." lol.

Man, that's crazy. Good job rebuilding that thing man. Miracle worker!


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
JonnieR is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
slowninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 356
Thanks: 12
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my first time at the track....bad body position and no patience to wait for the tires to warm up...


my last get off at the track...

You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear!
slowninja is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 06:35 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Mina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,175
Thanks: 265
Thanked 335 Times in 272 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnieR View Post
Nice fix. What'd you sell It for and what upgrades did it have? Year? Miles? Races? Trackdays? Tires? Lol.

What do you ride now?


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I bought it almost stock and dumped a lot of parts in it. You can check my build thread for a complete list/pics etc.

It was my first track season and it was cut short from being in a cast for 5-6 weeks. Fixed it. Sold it. Since I already ride a 2006 GSXR 750 on the street, I decided to buy a bike that I'm already used to (2006 GSXR 600). I'm comfortable on it and very familiar with it, it should be a fun season.

Last edited by Mina; 04-14-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Mina is offline  
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
JonnieR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sunny Los Angeles California
Posts: 2,538
Images: 4
Thanks: 16
Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowninja View Post
my first time at the track....bad body position and no patience to wait for the tires to warm up...


my last get off at the track...
http://youtu.be/cHOB-2TxWXo

In the video you hear the motor rev high. You probably rolled on WAY to fast.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
JonnieR is offline  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Knee Dragger
 
erick1670's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 156
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had only 2 crashes in 11 years of track ridding, mmm maybe am not pushing enough :D

my first one was on my 03 600RR in 09, don't have pic or video of it; but was on the last lap trying to pass a litter bike the was park it at the corners... lesson learn

here on my old RC51, someone blew an engine and I was first at where oil was dump, 2 more guys went down after me.

CBR 600RR 07 (track)
Aprilia RSV4 13 R (street/track)
# 707

Last edited by erick1670; 04-14-2014 at 01:40 PM.
erick1670 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome