Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Streets of Willow lap - 3/29/14

Hey Guys,

Here is a lap of me and my cbr600rr @ streets of willow.

Enjoy.

in case any of you are interested, this is what i have as far as track related mods and stuff.

- akrapovic exhaust
- Galfer SB lines
- RBF 600 brake fluid
- Distilled water/water wetter
- vortex rear sets (love these)
- EBC HH brake pads ( these are ok, better than stock but just ok)
- Bridgestone S20 tires (awesome tires for street/track. lasted about 5 track days on rear and probably about 8-9 track days on front) (B+/A track pace... not good for A+ pace)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Pocketbike Racer

wow that was fast lol i cant help but ask is that track pavement really rough? seems like there are a lot of cracks and rough patches from what i can see in the video. didn't seem to bother you though
The Following User Says Thank You to clilholt For This Useful Post:
Swiss Cheese (04-01-2014)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:56 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you're killing it bro!
The track surface looks pretty sketchy though..

Nothing of value comes easy, and nothing that's easy is of value.
-6hunnit

Riding Prayer - Thank you God for the privilege of riding, please watch over
us riders and bring us home to our families every day. Give me strength to obey the laws, and stay vigilant and focused.

The Following User Says Thank You to 6hunnit For This Useful Post:
Swiss Cheese (04-01-2014)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Pavement is really rough, there are cracks all over the place. It doesn't inspire confidence, but it really helps with throttle control and getting a comfortable body position. I got used to 'most' of the cracks and embrace their challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by clilholt View Post
wow that was fast lol i cant help but ask is that track pavement really rough? seems like there are a lot of cracks and rough patches from what i can see in the video. didn't seem to bother you though
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Cheese View Post
Pavement is really rough, there are cracks all over the place. It doesn't inspire confidence, but it really helps with throttle control and getting a comfortable body position. I got used to 'most' of the cracks and embrace their challenge
thats crazy! i thought it looked a little sketchy haha well nice dude it really didn't seem to affect your pace all that much. nice lap man!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Knee Dragger

Nice lap! I spend plenty of time at Streets of Willow and you're hitting the important turning points and apexes very well. Good job in the bowl! I'll be there next Friday at motoyard's track day and sat and Sunday racing motowest gp. If you'll be there we should meet up and exchange notes and experiences.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Moto GP Racer

So you're running a 1:30ish lap time?

I didn't hear noise because I'm at work but it looks pretty good. I've been there twice and the fastest I've ran is a 1:41 making huge gains. I was on pace for at least a 1:35 or at least that's what I like to think(crashed 4th session, still getting a feel for the rough spots and stuff) but that ended after my crash. I was a head case. Plus, I now see that I'm getting crossed up, so next track day I'm just gonna work on my body position. Here's a video of me at SOW and then the crash.

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 05:04 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews

J/K
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Thanks man. I wish i was going to motoyards track day and motowest gp. I've been meaning to try the RWYB race. Maybe next year i'll try to get a racing license to do that. What color and bike you got. I might be doing some track days later this year maybe in august/september time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilpatch View Post
Nice lap! I spend plenty of time at Streets of Willow and you're hitting the important turning points and apexes very well. Good job in the bowl! I'll be there next Friday at motoyard's track day and sat and Sunday racing motowest gp. If you'll be there we should meet up and exchange notes and experiences.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

knarly crash, i hope you are ok. I think in order to get a good pace and have fun, you have to be comfortable. I took keith code's CSS class and my instructor told me i was trying to hard to hang off, and when i started hanging off less, i felt more comfortable and gained confidence. This helped me spend more thoughts on picking brake points, turn points, and hitting apexes... which are huge especially in this tight streets of willow course. So i think as long as your comfortable it will help a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnieR View Post
So you're running a 1:30ish lap time?

I didn't hear noise because I'm at work but it looks pretty good. I've been there twice and the fastest I've ran is a 1:41 making huge gains. I was on pace for at least a 1:35 or at least that's what I like to think(crashed 4th session, still getting a feel for the rough spots and stuff) but that ended after my crash. I was a head case. Plus, I now see that I'm getting crossed up, so next track day I'm just gonna work on my body position. Here's a video of me at SOW and then the crash.

http://youtu.be/zMq1Py_Yy9I

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Cheese View Post
knarly crash, i hope you are ok. I think in order to get a good pace and have fun, you have to be comfortable. I took keith code's CSS class and my instructor told me i was trying to hard to hang off, and when i started hanging off less, i felt more comfortable and gained confidence. This helped me spend more thoughts on picking brake points, turn points, and hitting apexes... which are huge especially in this tight streets of willow course. So i think as long as your comfortable it will help a lot.

Yeah, I was comfortable having fun out there until this happened. Then I was mad, but it's okay. I'm glad I have everything on video. I can learn from my mistakes so I'm satisfied. In my eyes, crash or not, that was a successful day. The biggest key factor is that I know why I crashed, so therefore I can improve. I won't go to superbike school until I'm at the point where I'm no longer seeing gains, but I wanna be able to get around SOW in under 1:23ish as well as chuckwalla CCW in under 1:55 before I take a school. But we shall see!

And yeah, I'm fine. When finally came over, they helped me pick up the bike and said "do you think it'll start?" I said "of course, it's a honda." Started right up and I rode it in.

You don't have to drag knee to go fast around a track!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page