Back on the Bike! Track Organization Recommendations? - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Back on the Bike! Track Organization Recommendations?

Glad to say that I am healthy and getting back into riding after suffering a bad crash on the street about a year ago. I for one am done riding on the street, and ready to go full track. I really haven't ridden in 2 years now since I only had 3 rides last year so I'm rusty but excited for the season. However, the NJ track organization I have used in the past, NESBA, has fallen apart. Any recommendations for a fun track experience for a beginner level track day?

*Just want to take the opportunity to say never ride on the street without your gear. I was out for one of my last rides on the street, as I was at the start of my track season, and caught gravel coming around a corner. I was taking one of my favorite routes for a leisurely trip around the lake and woke up in an ambulance. Unfortunately it is the first time in 2 seasons i went out without gear....feel like thats always the way it happens. I was lucky, but GEAR UP!!! It'll save your life. I don't want to see anybody make the same dumb mistake I made because you never know what's going to happen.*

Here's a picture of the new girl. Picked her up from an old Team ProMotion coach, and just finished prepping her for the season.

Last edited by zieper41; 06-09-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 02:20 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
nice bike man.

Check TPM and roger lyle. they might have NJMP and Summit open.

I am Chris
2009 Honda CBR600RR
CCS #520
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 04:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Team Promotion, Absolute Cycle, Tony's track days. I've ridden with all 3 and they're all great. Tony's is more money but they seem to cram less bikes on the track and the last time I rode with them they only did 3 groups where TMP and Absolute run 4 groups which means you get a little less track time

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 08:12 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedisFaster View Post
where TMP and Absolute run 4 groups which means you get a little less track time

As far as I know TPM either runs 3 groups (White/Red/Blue or Yellow/Red/Blue) or its an open track.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Thanks. I think im going with Absolute for the first trackday. Turns out a buddy of mine knows one of the coaches there and i've heard nothing but good things. I've heard TPM has done open tracks in the past where it can get a bit aggressive so Absolute sounds pretty good to me for getting to know the new bike
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
N2 is another org that runs in the northeast-that's basically the old Nesba group

Im actually doing an open TD on 6/26 with TPM-if u can make it-you can pit with my buddies and I

K C C O
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATBAROK View Post
N2 is another org that runs in the northeast-that's basically the old Nesba group

Im actually doing an open TD on 6/26 with TPM-if u can make it-you can pit with my buddies and I
That sounds very tempting. I have a meeting set up that day that I am trying to move as it is. I may have to take you up on that offer
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Did my first trackday last sunday. Felt so good to get back out on the bike. Felt really slow and shakey for the first few sessions but that was to be expected as i haven't ridden in 2 years. Went with TPM. They were awesome. Sorry PAT but can't make the TD this thurs. i wasn't fast enough to make yellow group. I was picking speed up quickly throughout day and coaches said i was looking good but felt it was more important to relearn how to ride and figure out the new bike than try to be fast...it'll come soon enough. I am planning on going back soon though so keep me posted. I could def some advice from some faster riders
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Moto GP Racer

Congrats on hitting the track. Lots of good information has already been given. Nice bike setup!

I coach with TPM down here in NC on occasion but may get a chance to hit Tbolt later in the season. Look forward to riding with you.

'07 CBR600RR Track-Only Demon!
Nesba/N2/PRE/TPM/Roger Lyle "A" Group // CCS #306

'08 GSXR 600 Blue ~ Current Bike
'07 Yamaha R6 Blue ~ SOLD
'08 CBR600RR Silver ~ SOLD
'06 Yamaha R6 Black ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 TrackOnly ~ SOLD
'08 GSXR 600 White ~ SOLD
'08 Yamaha R6 ~ SOLD
'07 GSXR 750 ~ SOLD
'12 Aprilia RSV4 Factory ~ Crashed/SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Black ~ SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Phoenix TrackOnly ~SOLD
'09 CBR600RR Red/Black ~SOLD
'07 CBR600RR Blue/Silver ~SOLD
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkhanman View Post
Congrats on hitting the track. Lots of good information has already been given. Nice bike setup!

I coach with TPM down here in NC on occasion but may get a chance to hit Tbolt later in the season. Look forward to riding with you.

Yea looking forward to it!

Team Pro Motion Review:
Just did a TD with absolute cycle last week and lets just say that I'll be riding with TPM from now on. Not to say the coaches at AC weren't great guys with wealth's of knowledge to get you around the track faster but the overall organization of the day was all over the place with constant meetings about rule breaking, all the crashes (fortunately no injuries), and group resets. At least with TPM after the first meeting the coaches kept everybody organized, no groups were missed, time was made up at the end of the day for all groups (not the beginning), the guys riding dangerously were asked to ride within their limits or leave, and as a side note only 2 crashes occurred (one of which was a coach riding with the advanced group).

For anybody curious, the guys at TPM just set a much more pleasurable environment as compared to the other organizations I have ridden with, and I got almost twice the riding time with them. I do not know whether I just caught one of those unfortunate weekends but ~22 crashes (12, and about 10 the day I went) in a weekend seemed high (however, there is a good chance my lack of track experience is affecting my opinion). Regardless I can't wait to ride with them again, and hopefully get bumped up to the next group within the next TD or two. Thumbs up to the guys at Team Pro Motion, and, thanks again to the coaches at Absolute Cycle for helping me out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page