DB limit at Laguna? - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DB limit at Laguna?

So I'll be moving down to the Bay Area soon, and my mind's already filling up with the chance to do trackdays at Laguna, Sonoma and Thunderhill.

I've heard about the DB limits being pretty strict at Laguna though, so the Hyperflo exhaust I have right now probably won't cut it. Do most people here just run a stock exhaust when they track there?

2009 CBR600RR | Power Commander + Dyno Tune, STM Slipper Clutch, Vortex Rearsets, Hyperflo Exhaust, Dunlop Q3
2004 FZ6 | Power Commander + Dyno Tune, Racetech Fork Springs, Michelin Pilot Power 2CT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefenix13 View Post
So I'll be moving down to the Bay Area soon, and my mind's already filling up with the chance to do trackdays at Laguna, Sonoma and Thunderhill.

I've heard about the DB limits being pretty strict at Laguna though, so the Hyperflo exhaust I have right now probably won't cut it. Do most people here just run a stock exhaust when they track there?
Yeah they're pretty strict. They have meters throughout the track and will pull you off if its an issue. I have a 2 brothers (not by choice) so I use a baffle and haven't had an issue. At Laguna pretty much anything other then stock they wont allow.

“Ignorance of consequence because of lack of thought absolves no one”
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 02:05 AM
Knee Dragger

I have arrow headers specifically because my local track has strict sound limits (more strict than Laguna). It's pretty easy to swap the stock slip-on and I've never really noticed much difference in power.

WMRC #386

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 05:23 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Make me wonder about the Yoshi RS-5 since it's widely considered a quieter exhaust system

2A7X3. Aircraft Structural Maintenance.

Any corrosion (Paint, priming, identification, etc) or Fabrication (Sheetmetal, Fiberglass, Tubing, etc)
questions, go ahead and ask and I'll do the best to respond to the best of my knowledge.

Current : '08 CBR1000RR 20160213
Wrecked: '05 CBR600RR 20151221 RIP

Crashes: 2 minor low speed lowsides, 1 50MPH impact.
Injuries: 0 Broken bones, possible tear in shoulder.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobie snacks View Post
Yeah they're pretty strict. They have meters throughout the track and will pull you off if its an issue. I have a 2 brothers (not by choice) so I use a baffle and haven't had an issue. At Laguna pretty much anything other then stock they wont allow.
Good to know, thanks. The Hyperflos are loud even with the baffles in. I just picked up an Arrow slipon; since they're CARB legal with the baffle, I'm hoping they'll be quiet enough.

2009 CBR600RR | Power Commander + Dyno Tune, STM Slipper Clutch, Vortex Rearsets, Hyperflo Exhaust, Dunlop Q3
2004 FZ6 | Power Commander + Dyno Tune, Racetech Fork Springs, Michelin Pilot Power 2CT
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewnabobber View Post
I have arrow headers specifically because my local track has strict sound limits (more strict than Laguna). It's pretty easy to swap the stock slip-on and I've never really noticed much difference in power.
I'm surprised you can get by strict sound limits with an Arrow header. I've always assumed that removing the cat will make it louder regardless, or is that only the case with an aftermarket exhaust after the header?

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by YG27 View Post
Make me wonder about the Yoshi RS-5 since it's widely considered a quieter exhaust system
Yeah, I looked at the Yoshi as well, particularly the EPA passed RS-5. Ended up jumping on an Arrow slipon that meets CARB requirements with the baffle in, hoping those will get it quiet enough.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page