Recommendations for lap timers - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recommendations for lap timers

looking for peoples experience's with lap timers. track days arnt quite as fun when you cant rub your lap times in your friends faces. id like to be able to keep track of my progress and see what laps are yielding the best results, how suspension and tire changes are affecting lap times. its impossible to know weather or not changes to riding style, line, or bike set up are yeilding better lap times unless you have solid numbers. now im not looking for data acquisition, gps, blah blah blah. just a simple, reliable lap timer that i can mount in my cock pit that will display and store a decent amount of previous laps. something easy to use that works off most common transponders so that i dont always have to have my transponder out there if someone already has one. something cheap, but still functions well and reliable.

just wanted to see if anyone had recommendations on units people used and liked or used and hated.

03 Track only: 05' front end w/ ohlins 25mm cartridges, Ohlins triple clicker, Hamaguchi titanium full system, Brembo 19x18 radial MC, tokico monoblocks, vortex clipons & rearsets, GPR damper, PC3usb, quickshifter, 520 chain, shortened gearing, quick turn throttle, sharkskinz track fairings, keyless gas cap and ignition, frame sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 10:30 PM
BOTM Winner 07/16

Starlane's line are really good.

I have the Athon XS (See my videos)

They have a newer versin (Corsaro) which comes with colour LCD and touch screen.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 10:11 AM
Training Wheel Hero

I have used most Starlane and AIM units available in the market combined with many race bikes.

For starters I suggest either AIM Solo or Starlane GPS3X Stealth
Both are light, easy to use and reliable, starlane unit has the advantage that you can upgrade it and add engine/driver data next to your gps data/laptimes, AIM had the advantage that it doesn't need external power to work, it has internal batteries that last long - of course because of that the unit is kind of bigger and heavier, but comes with a wider screen.

Starlane has an easy to use software to check your lines, where you lose and where you gain time, AIM has more proffesional approach on their software, not that hard to use though.
Both units come more or less on the same price

The more I learn,
the less I understand

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I have the aim solo. It is tought to beat.
Internal battery, data logging, gps, multiple display options. ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page