As the 2015 S.E. trackday season comes to a close..... - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As the 2015 S.E. trackday season comes to a close.....

Many people on this Forum and on the 1000rr Forum act as if going to a race track with their bike is a hard thing to do and only the rich can afford to have that kind of hobby. I will let you in on a little secret, you can afford to participate. It will benefit your street riding skills. You can have the tons of fun. It can be a hobby that your whole family will grow to love. Etc.....I participate in about 25 TD's a year and I work in a factory and make about 40K a year. I have a wife and a 2 year old son and the do not suffer from my hobby. Yes, I live in the S.E. and we have many tracks to choose from, but looking at the map, every state has a few tracks...LOL So, this is how to do it....Start planning now and saving for next season. Start planning and saving for 2016...It is just that easy....Start now for next year.

Nice Motorbike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 09:22 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
it isnt the cheapest hobby tho. i got off the the street and went track only.. it adds up. about $300-400 for the weekend $200 for a day plus van/trailer if you dont have it, plus proper bike maintenance, well mainly oil and tires. its definitely worth it tho, after the first day youll be a different rider on the street and track. Also first timers can pretty much always get a first track day free.. so theres really no excuse why you cant atleast try it. lot of ppl worry that if you go to the track its gna be a full out race and your gna drop you bike or come last, and thats not the case, you go on your pace at your own skill level and theres amazing couching to get you better.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 09:57 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bravo!!!! Figured out a way to post for sale ads without having enough posts, you are a sneaky devil. Enjoy the free publicity while it lasts :)

(Slow clap....)

- '17 Ducati Supersport S
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '11 Triumph Sprint GT
- '10 Yamaha WR250R
- Past rides: too many to list
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Well, it is kind of for sale....LOL I might just give most of it away....Especially if you will come pick it up or I can meet you at the track....Most is for the 1K but I do have some 600cc parts that I will give away!

Nice Motorbike!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Out of all the items listed I just need to make enough for M4 Monoblocks 108mm

Nice Motorbike!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miweber929 View Post
Bravo!!!! Figured out a way to post for sale ads without having enough posts, you are a sneaky devil. Enjoy the free publicity while it lasts :)

(Slow clap....)
What, you don't see anything on the list that you want or need?

Nice Motorbike!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Sold some parts and gave some away at Little Tally this weekend....

Nice Motorbike!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 03:57 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Yea i dont think its as cut and dry as that. Its really adds up after awhile. Its is a ton of fun and super addicting tho.

I think for alot of people its more of the... Im not that fast yet, im nervous, and i dont wanna crash more than it is about the money imo.

Thats kinda how i felt on my first trackday and alot of people dont have boots or a suit. Even tho renting is a option

2007 Cbr600rr Black

[SIZE=1]Tripage IT and Plate Bracket, TST Turn Signals, GB Case Covers, Captive Rear Spacers, Driven 520 -1 +2 steel sprocket kit, Spiegler Steel Brake Lines, Front Fork Revalve, Stomp Grips, Speedodrd, Dunlop Q3's, HRC Rear Brake Res, Woocraft Frame sliders, Shorty levers, 90 Degree Valve Stems, EK 520 Black/Gold Chain, Tekarbon Chain Guard, Engine Swap, Brembo RCS, Evotech Front Brake Res, SBS Sintered Race pads, Healtech Quick Shifter, Vortex Rearsets, and Trackdays!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

I will be going to Jennings for the last TD of 2015 (this weekend) and I have already started purchasing for next season..... (Fixed)

Nice Motorbike!

Last edited by whitarnold; 12-15-2015 at 09:10 AM.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 10:34 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Whoa, you are already done with 2016 Whit?
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 04:09 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitarnold View Post
Many people on this Forum and on the 1000rr Forum act as if going to a race track with their bike is a hard thing to do and only the rich can afford to have that kind of hobby. I will let you in on a little secret, you can afford to participate.
Met a girl who said the trackdays in her town in new mexico were like $90-100 a day. At that rate sure people can afford it easier. Around here in AZ its $200 a day. Most people cannot afford that and anything else in their lives, meaning they have to choose. I get in maybe 3 trackdays a year when I'm lucky.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitarnold View Post
Many people on this Forum and on the 1000rr Forum act as if going to a race track with their bike is a hard thing to do and only the rich can afford to have that kind of hobby.
I have no idea where you get that idea, there are a LOT of track riders on both forums.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 02:45 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Depending on how people assess "expensive"...yes track days can be expensive. Taking into account you have to pay for suit rental/purchase, the track day itself, possibly new tires after track day...it all adds up. I can see how some people can perceive that you need to have some money to burn to do track days.

However, your opportunity cost (to me) justifies the price you pay across the board.

I have only done 2 track days and have only been riding for 8 months on a motorcycle, period. The knowledge and skill I have learned from the short amount of time I have had on the track is worth far more than what I have spent money wise. Hell...I can out ride a lot of guys that have been riding for years...

Just wanted to throw this out there as a caveat to why some would think that only rich people can afford it...
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
I have no idea where you get that idea, there are a LOT of track riders on both forums.
Well, S.A. I am sure the term "many people" would include and cover all the ones on this forum and the 1000rr forum that do not go to the track. Would it not?

Nice Motorbike!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Here is how easy it is:
1) Find a Sportbike Track Time date for 2016 that you would like to attend. (once the 2016 schedule is out)
2) Sign up for their forum and attempt to get the "ride right" entry.
3) Post up for gear, etc.... (you will not have to rent a single item - to many people willing to let you borrow there gear)
4) Prep your bike and show up....

I just went to a FREE track weekend at TGPR with Sportbike Track Time. It was FREE all weekend for their customer appreciation day.

Nice Motorbike!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Knee Dragger

My numbers for a track day:

Tires usage: ~$40 (Q3 over 7 track days, + install)
Bike gas: $20
Hotel: $100
Car/Transportation/Gas/Toll: $100

Total: $450/day if you don't crash and without track mods (steel lines, racing fairings, paint job... there are many mods you will have to purchase). A more realistic budget is between $500-$600/day. This doesn't include bike depreciation and maintenance, assuming you want a bike regardless of track days.

So even on a budget you're looking at an expensive hobby. Do I recommend it? Absolutely. It's more than riding skills (which I'm sure greatly improves your street riding). It's a constant mental and physical self-improvement, at least the way I conceive it, and an interesting social experience. I've always met nice, humble people at the track, especially among the fastest guys. I guess there is a natural selection happening where those bigger than themselves don't last for very long.

Last edited by Spaghetti; 12-15-2015 at 04:43 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Check out my links because I will be giving away some of the items soon. Just need them out of storage and need the space.

Nice Motorbike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page