Novice/Beginner class/trackdays for VIR or CMP - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Novice/Beginner class/trackdays for VIR or CMP

I called Carolina motorsports park and they told me they don't do track days for beginner bike riders at all, and don't do advanced groups until August!

Right now the only lead I have for my first track day (coming from Charlotte, NC), is cornerspeed. VIR does more track days from what I've seen. Do I need to move to East Coast? Lolz

I thought trackdays were most every weekend? Say it ain't so. I've got my bike ready to go and all my rider gear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 11:00 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Have you checked out sport bike track time? There awesome and will take you from a beginner to intermediate in no time. Awesome coaches to help you along your way.

I dont know what tracks are around you tho. Check out there website i see you said vir and cmp but being in the midwest that means nithing to me lol

2007 Cbr600rr Black

[SIZE=1]Tripage IT and Plate Bracket, TST Turn Signals, GB Case Covers, Captive Rear Spacers, Driven 520 -1 +2 steel sprocket kit, Spiegler Steel Brake Lines, Front Fork Revalve, Stomp Grips, Speedodrd, Dunlop Q3's, HRC Rear Brake Res, Woocraft Frame sliders, Shorty levers, 90 Degree Valve Stems, EK 520 Black/Gold Chain, Tekarbon Chain Guard, Engine Swap, Brembo RCS, Evotech Front Brake Res, SBS Sintered Race pads, Healtech Quick Shifter, Vortex Rearsets, and Trackdays!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016, 08:12 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
As stated above, check out Sportbike Track Time's website and schedule. We have events going on at CMP on May 21/22, July 2/3, and Road Atlanta is probably around 200 miles from Charlotte....Aug. 6/7, and Oct. 29/30. We don't run at VIR, but there are several options for you to think about with the above listed dates.

Vern....STT Southern Region Instructor

If it ain't fast........It ain't fun!!

2014 Yamaha FZ09 highly modded
2008 GSX-R 750..... Track Bike
2008 ST1300

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thanks for the helpful responses... I was able to sign up for a novice class at carolina motorsports park for april 8th, after that I plan on going to VIR, CMP, and any other course within a 6 hour driving distance from Charlotte, NC...

You would think there would be more of a race scene in Charlotte with all the nascar, guess it's just a car scene.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 07:45 PM
Training Wheel Hero

CMP definitely does beginners. I'm a beginner and just rode there in Nov.

Look into Performance Riding Experience. That's who I've ridden with a few times. They are pretty damn great. Mostly everyone there is incredibly nice and more than willing to help out. They also don't bump people unless you truly deserve it. I'm pretty sure a lot of orgs would have some of their I riders in PRE's beginner group. They also do fundraising stuff and do airfence stuff with RoadRacing World.

They go to VIR a lot. Mostly North Course, but South and Patriot, as well. It's much of their schedule. I went with them to CMP in November and had a great time with them, there, too. They are also going to NCBike (officially called NCCAR-North Carolina Center for Automotive Research) this year, too.

They do not f around with safety. They know what they are talking about, and they turn out fast riders. I've learned a hell of a lot from them in two track days.

Hell, when I was at CMP with them, and we had a smaller turnout, they combined the A and I groups (holding I rules of only passing on the outside) and made the sessions 30minutes each instead of 20. Way more seat time. Check em out.

https://www.ridepre.com/events/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page