Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

03 CBR 600RR recommended power mods

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  NewRedRider 
#1 ·
Hey everyone new to the site and had some questions as far as best mods for my bike. I do have a K&N air filter on it now along with slip on and new tires. Just looking to see what you guys recommend as far as parts/brands that will improve my bikes performance and hp. Just looking to see what other people have done and hear your point of views with performance mods make a difference. Thanks

#3 ·
I'm looking at getting new brake lines( SS braided) I got a good hook up with my uncle so I can save big on that! Brake pads were done by previous owner but not rotors. And I am planning on power commander I've seen different types, like one for fuel, the power commanderV, quick shifter, autotune and I believe one more

#5 ·
Unless you know the history of this bike one of the best investments is a new fuel pump and intake screen. Also clean the tank, fuel lines, and injectors. Kenso pumps seem to be a good alternative to OEM. You won't be able to take full advantage of any PC with a worn out or clogged pump.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

#8 ·
These years 03-06 had problems with fuel pumps going bad. Mostly from the screen clogging up restricting flow but also from people running the bike on an empty tank to much. The pump needs the fuel to keep the motor cool and to lubricate pump. With no fuel it can overheat and fail.

I gave you a recommendation in the earlier post. Look for Kenso pumps on eBay. They run about 55psi @ 30gpm, IIRC. That's slightly higher than the OEM pump of 50psi @ 20gpm. Perfect for your needs.

#13 ·
Verifying you have the proper pressure and flow would be my priority. If that pump is still the OEM pump, I'd change it ASAP. Make sure your fuel system is 100% functional before adding anything else. Running it too lean will destroy a motor.

New pump and screen
Clean tank, fuel lines, and injectors
Check spark plugs
Install PC/Map

If you install velocity stacks get a custom map made. But finish adding or changing parts before you get a custom map.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.