Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Are you married ?

• Yes, and it was the best thing I ever did.

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Yes, and if I could take it all back I would ( lol )

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Yes, and im okay with it.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • No, dont ever plan on it

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • No, looking for the right girl (apply within)

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • No, My feet have been cold for years

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Players

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Pimps ( and we want your hos names for reference) haha

Votes: 7 7.7%

Who is married here ?

3K views 57 replies 34 participants last post by  djacksoncbr600 
#1 ·
My girlfriend and I just got engaged, we have been together for about 7 years and both are done with college now with decent jobs.

Anyway, I was just wondering how many people on the site are married ? and how many guys on the site still living the good life, I mean single......(thank God she understands my passion for bikes haha )

Just take the poll, I looked to see if this was done recent and it wasn't but sorry if this is a repost.

#2 ·
22 livin the good life. I dont trust girls anymore. THey are drama...no matter how much you do for them, it doesnt mean **** to them (well most of them). Im a pessimist

Im focusing on getting into law school first...then I'll worry about the girls. For now I've had it with them

#3 · (Edited)
This sounds like bullshxt what im about to say but here it goes anyway, You are 100 percent right about school reliner, but you are wrong about not being able to trust a girl. One day it will click when your out on the four wheeler, or on the sportbike and your girl looks you right in the eye and you know deep down that she could never look at anyone else the same way and you feel the exact same about her. ( Okay I didn't mean while your riding, I meant while out doing these things, thanks for the squid comment, I love it. )

It sounds like bs I know, Im only 25 I know....but I have been with my girl for about 7 years and just now feel that I can fully trust her with everything I have, getting burnt a couple of times by some shady ass girls dont help....its a lot harder for guys to say they got hurt but **** happens man and girls can fxck with your head....just dont play the game back no one should live like that......, I think everyone has someone out there, its just a matter of being patient till you find her....

ps have fun in between ( trust me ) haha, take care man, ride safe

sorry if this seemed out of line or sappy, lol, just thought I would try to help someone who felt like I did at that age, later on guys

#34 ·
One day it will click when your out on the four wheeler, or on the sportbike and your girl looks you right in the eye and you know deep down that she could never look at anyone else the same way and you feel the exact same about her.
At this point I'd have to say you're both squids, because if she's looking you in the eye while you're riding the bike you obviously don't have helmets on, and also, TURN THE **** AROUND AND WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!!! :icon_lol:

Seriously though, I'm married and she is the best thing that ever happened to me....and yes, I met her AFTER I had my bike so it's all good. :toothy4:

#5 ·
my wife is perfect. she is beautifull, smart, loving, caring, great mother, great cook... and all other great things....

with one exception....

she hates motorcycles...

and there is nothing i can do about it, every time i go to the track same conversation happens... grow the **** up, think about the kids blah blah blah blah.....

so, because of that, I am in the middle group...

#7 ·
6 years married. 9 years together. Its got its perks and cons.

Perk: Friendship
Con: Convincing her to let me buy my bike (that was hell)....

Shes a great step mom to my son and will be a great mom in 4 months (if that makes any sense)...

#8 ·
Married 4 years this September. . .been together for 8 years now. We just had our first child this year (5 month old girl now) and I couldn't imagine life without either one of them. She understands me and my "hobbies" and gives me time to enjoy them. What more could I ask for?:toothy4:

#9 ·
Still looking for the right Gal, must have wrench skills, good taste in music is a plus, 50 Cent fans need not apply, Queens of the Stone Age fans get immediate VIP status.

#10 ·
LOL, I voted "No, looking for the right girl (apply within)" because there wasn't an option for "No, looking for the right guy" ... gosh!

#11 ·
I voted for No, and NEVER plan on it! I'm sorry bro and I dont mean to be so negative but thats just how I feel on the subject. I've witnessed TOO much, i would have to be crazy to ever get married. And this is gonna sound bad but i think 99% of the guys who think they will never get cheated on and there relationships are perfect are the ones who get it the worst. Women cheat for different reasons then men do. If you and your girl have a fight or your spending too much time on your bike a girl might cheat on you just for that. I know this sounds dumb but I have a lot of females friends who i am very close with and the stuff they do/tell me is crazy...
Even if faithfulness wasn't an issue my other problem with marriage is happiness. How many people do you know that are TRUELY happy? Don't be fooled by how they are out in public, find out what it is really like 10yrs down the road. Its crazy. I can't like ANY that I know. My parents have been married 35 yrs and even they are thinking about ending it.
Don't get me wrong, I can be a real mushy guy and a great boyfriend. I believe in soul mates and that one person that you were meant to be with. But I'm smart enough to understand that we live in an imperfect world.
I think the best love story of all time is Romeo and Juliet. Its sucks they died in the end but they didn't live long enough to f*ck up their relationship... Think about that...

#12 ·
I'm single, I do what I want all day all the time. Its satisfying more than it is lonely. Your problems are simpler. Life isn't about jumping through hoops and spawning. Why live to please someone else? Love yourself (selfish, I know). Seems like for every marriage there are 2 divorces... I'm skeptical of pretty much everything and everyone due to life learned experiences. I have a college degree and then some. Funny how the more you know, the less you think you know about the world. Being single only sucks from 2am to 6am anyway...

#13 · (Edited)
Im in total agreement with posts 11 and 12. Nothing is guaranteed...married people get divorced after decades with each other. When the other person feels tired of their partner, they will leave and nothing will stop them. I just dont want to ever experience that.

I bought my bike when me and me ex broke up mainly because she always hated bikes and never wanted me on one. The bike puts a smile on my face ALL the time. Now I get messages and calls from my ex telling me to be careful yada yada yada and how shes "not cool" with me on a bike...screw her. I live for ME, no one else.

Women claim they just want a nice guy. But when they have that they just mess it up and...

Bah...I dont trust women (no offense anyone...but my previous experiences permit me to think like this). I know this isnt the direction you wanted your thread to go but its inevitable with a topic like this :icon_lol:

#18 ·
I voted PIMP because...

1.) I was before I settled down with my current girl.

and

2.) I didn't see an option for "No. Im not married but Im with the girl Im going to marry next year" as an option.

Honestly excited to marry tho, she's amazing, caring, sweet, SEXY, down for anything ;), and she LOVES bikes... Im teaching her how to ride and she's gonna end up with my 600 and I'm movin up to a 1krr.

#22 ·
i have seen and experienced way to much **** to trust to many girls. they all say they want nice guys and most guys are pigs but i see more times the girl is the one that fucks everything up. most girls are controling and hypocrites. i have a girlfriend of 2yrs but it started out very slowly and i trust her with everything. there are nice girls out there but 9 times out of 10 they arent.

#23 ·
I'm single and i love it, being able to do whatever u want and not have to think about whet someone else is gonna think about it or not having to try and keep them happy is awesome. But if i found the right girl, i dont think it would b that hard for me to give up.

#25 · (Edited)
I'm looking for the right girl thought i had it but i didnt. I'm dating a girl off the ship that i guard. But she's in the states right now learning how to do my job. She loves just about everthing I do. Shes about prefect.

#26 ·
Been with my girl for a while now (9+years). Got married in Playa Del Carmen Mexico in 2006. Couldn't be happier. I do consider myself lucky!
-She is gorgeous
-She loves my bike and has memorized all of the mods on my bike for some reason
-keeps the house clean
-good cook
-has the same taste in women I do ( oh yeah thats right I said it)

I couldn't be more happier!

#27 ·
wow, some true marriage haters on here... The best relationship advice I ever recieved was from my psych professor... he said the #1 reason for divorce is:
-Women get married thinking the man is great, and that she can change the few things about him she doesn't 'like'
-Men get married thinking the woman is perfect (simple as that)
--------------and as we all know... women change, men don't... so both end up unhappy. With that said... I seek 'the' guy and will not settle for anyone I would ever want to change, if I can't deal with his flaws then it shouldn't be (however I am too easy going for that to really be an issue)... The advice for guys - good luck, lol!

#28 ·
I was with the same girl for 3.5 years, before she turned crazy, It's not worth going into, but its really soured my view of relationships, not sure I'll be able to be serious with someone for a few years yet really.

She wanted me to go back to being childish, and petty, and waiting on her every whim all the time, and I had started to grow up, and treat her like a real partner, by being serious sometimes and having us be a more "functional" couple. I wasn't willing to turn back into a 16 year old for her, and she took it out on me. Left me, started dating some 40 year old guy just to piss me off.

I think I'm done with girlfriends for a while. I'm seriously to nice.

#30 ·
Main difference between men and women:

Women think they're good because they can fake orgasms to get a relationship...
Men know they're good because they can fake entire relationships to get orgasms.

Just some words of wisdom for the women on here.

#38 ·
Main difference between men and women:

Women think they're good because they can fake orgasms to get a relationship...
Men know they're good because they can fake entire relationships to get orgasms.

Just some words of wisdom for the women on here.
It'll be the day I ever fake an orgasm, lol... I have no problem letting him know he sucks in bed...
Not all men lie... (I don't think...)

#33 ·
happily married with 3 beautiful youngins. i can't say she's perfect, but imo nobody is. what i love is the fact that she basically lets me do what i want when i want. very supportive of motorcyle racing. i love to hear these words every time i hit the track or canyons: "be safe, but be first or don't come home"...gotta love her sense of humor. also, she brings me beer by the dozen :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.