Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Dealer Horror Story

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Eros 
#1 ·
Hi ,
I got a new 08 pearl orange 600rr and just had 44 miles on it. Someone tipped it over in the parking lot and there was a crack on the left mid fairing and the left footpeg was bent. So I took it to the dealer for an estimated cost for fixing it. They took three days to give my Insurance company for an estimation and have been delaying fixing my bike now for 4 weeks. Every time I call them, they say that they ordered the wrongs parts and they are still waiting on the parts.

This dealer is in Birmingham,Alabama and this is my first experience with Dealers in area.

Is it normal to have such kind of delay ?

#5 ·
took the words right out of my mouth:icon_lol:

I would add, call your insurance company and see if they will reimburse for the estimate of parts on the dealer estimate. Take the dough and buy mint used parts on here or ebay. mount them yourself then take the bike to the insurance company to let them take pics to show that the bike is now "fixed".

I would never buy from a stealorship. but now that you have, see if you can go this route... good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.