Does the 06 cbr have a cat and/or resinators? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does the 06 cbr have a cat and/or resinators?

i just bought an 06 cbr 600rr bone stock, its my first bike. Ive been going to these bike meets and these other bikes sound sick. i planned on getting full exhaust but my friend told me not to get full exhaust because the 06's already have titanium heads and he told me its just piping with no resinators or a cat im not sure if i can trust his judgement. He told me i could just get a slip on and it would be the same exact thing as full exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 12:19 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAK7669 View Post
i just bought an 06 cbr 600rr bone stock, its my first bike. Ive been going to these bike meets and these other bikes sound sick. i planned on getting full exhaust but my friend told me not to get full exhaust because the 06's already have titanium heads and he told me its just piping with no resinators or a cat im not sure if i can trust his judgement. He told me i could just get a slip on and it would be the same exact thing as full exhaust.
Your friend is incorrect. I know for a fact that the 06 cbr does not have a titanium header and it does have a catalytic converter in the header. Getting an aftermarket header will decrease the weight significantly and also allow for better flow. You can find good deals on a set of arrow headers from some of the site vendors.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Nixinus is right, I wish the hondas came stock with some lightweight ti headers, but they dont. The full system will also give you more power than any slip-on will produce. Definitely check out the arrow and akrapovic exhausts.

'07 Ultra Blue Metallic and Silver CBR600rr
Picture Gallery:
https://www.600rr.net/gallery/browsei...mageuser=34970

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
William Wallace

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

ok so im curious is it located at the end of the header( where that bulge is near the rear brake pedal?), and im not trying to be cheap or anything but this is my first bike so im not trying to spend some crazy money but what would be a decent full exhaust system that would sound great and perform pretty well. This kid that i know offered to sell me a full exhaust system its a yoshimura for $550, is this a good deal and is this a decent exhaust system that would sound really nice and perform good?.... and 1 more question i was also told if i put a full exhaust system the motor will lose compression and or lose horsepower. is this true? if it is or whatever someone told me to solve this problem i would need an air filter and a tuned power comander...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 12:58 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
ok so im curious is it located at the end of the header( where that bulge is near the rear brake pedal?), and im not trying to be cheap or anything but this is my first bike so im not trying to spend some crazy money but what would be a decent full exhaust system that would sound great and perform pretty well. This kid that i know offered to sell me a full exhaust system its a yoshimura for $550, is this a good deal and is this a decent exhaust system that would sound really nice and perform good?.... and 1 more question i was also told if i put a full exhaust system the motor will lose compression and or lose horsepower. is this true? if it is or whatever someone told me to solve this problem i would need an air filter and a tuned power comander...
If you want to do it right then you would want a full system and any others air/fuel altering mods followed by a power commander with a full tune. That will end up costing you a pretty penny but its the only way you will get the most performance. If you just want an exhaust for the sound then go with a slip on. it will not increase performance much but you could get away with a slip on and not have to re map the bike.

if this is your first bike then dont worry about the power, the bike stock has enough. I would recommend getting some decent gear and then investing in suspension. In my opinion it is hands down the best investment you can make.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

i forgot to mention the yoshi exhaust he wants to sell me is used and it came off of an 03 cbr 600. and i have to give him my stock exhaust, he said it will fit but is this a good deal for me i dont wanna get ripped off.. also i appreciate the advise, ive been riding for about 4 years now and i already have gear the only thing i need is pants. im pretty experienced in riding what do u think about the yoshi?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 01:23 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
i forgot to mention the yoshi exhaust he wants to sell me is used and it came off of an 03 cbr 600. and i have to give him my stock exhaust, he said it will fit but is this a good deal for me i dont wanna get ripped off.. also i appreciate the advise, ive been riding for about 4 years now and i already have gear the only thing i need is pants. im pretty experienced in riding what do u think about the yoshi?
I think the Yosh is a good economic exhaust. Honestly, if you tune it right it will be a worthwhile investment. I cannot tell you if the exhaust will fit on the 05-06 from the 03-04; there is a lot of debate and some say it will fit but I would do a little research before you invest.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 02:58 AM
Lifetime Premium

Don't quote me on this but I am pretty sure I have read on here several times the bends in the exhaust are slightly different for the different yr models. So def check it out before wasting your $$$

06 CBR 600RR
It's only illegal if you get caught
It's easier to ask for forgiveness then it is permission

Some pics of before and after:

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=197194
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page