Bazzaz mapping - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bazzaz mapping

So I had the bike out at the track yesterday for the first time with the bazzaz unit.

Im trying to map to 13.2 but I cant just make sense of the numbers. Also, it didnt log in numbers for the lower rpms. My bike would die when idling, it felt good while running but people said that my exhaust was blowing smoke when down shifting. Suggestions please? ALso the software wouldnt let me input any numbers on the fields that doesnt have any on them. So 0-2500rpm, i couldnt do anything with.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im gonna be in the same boat soon. i installed my bazzaz zfi last w/e but im waiting for my freind to get some time to weld up a o2 bung for me to use my afc. i heard in passing to not blip the throttle when tuning. it gives you errant readings.

wait are you dyno tuning or using the afc?

http://www.clearstarmediagroup.com
08 Orange CBR600rr
-IWin Moto It-Proton Markers-Bazzaz Z-FI Z-AFM-
07 FJ Cruiser - My DD
01 Isuzu Rodeo - In pieces
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 10:30 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Are you using the self-mapping feature or are you manually tweaking the map? Or both?

You can manually modify any of the cells, even 0-2500 rpm.

When self-mapping, don't blindly apply the values that it suggests. It will suggest some crazy values occasionally and you need to manually filter them out. For example, if you see a bunch of values around -10 and then one next to them that says +30, you'll know that something is up. I'd change the +30 to something closer to its neighboring values.

Jason Harper
Powered by:

MotoClub SDS Performance Cascade Tracktime

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 12:18 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harp View Post
Are you using the self-mapping feature or are you manually tweaking the map? Or both?

You can manually modify any of the cells, even 0-2500 rpm.

When self-mapping, don't blindly apply the values that it suggests. It will suggest some crazy values occasionally and you need to manually filter them out. For example, if you see a bunch of values around -10 and then one next to them that says +30, you'll know that something is up. I'd change the +30 to something closer to its neighboring values.
Werd!

To the op...are you using the self mapping? You can adjust in any cell you like....the reason nothing comes up in the lower rpm's is that that area is for idle....the bazzaz does its magic when you're under load and well at idle no load...I think there is a button where you can click to show afr's/fuel adjustments...so you will know what your afr's are at every cell rather than seeing how much fuel trim had been added or taken away from the orginal.

Appearance mods: CRG shorties(black) - Custom FE bracket - White reflective rim tape - Painted stock windscreen Safety: RS Taichi GMX - Arai Rx7 Collin Edwards Replica - A* SMX Plus - Woodcraft frame sliders
Performance: M4 full system - Bazzaz zfi/afm + Custom Zfi mount - Graves smog block offs
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

i tried to map it using the afm at the track. i pretty much just applied all suggested values. the problem is theres no map during idle up to 2500rpm and the software wouldnt let me input values into them. i will have to try it this weekend again.

some of it made sense because at my first session out, it was reading up to 15afr so the - values made sense that way but im just not sure if im doing it correctly.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

SHould allow you to input values...Let us know how your setup is when you start everything with the bazzaz. Here is my process

1. Connect usb to zfi and pc
2. Ignite bike
3. Start mapper software(check if it communicates)
4. Click self mapping tab
5. Click start
6. Click exit then unplug everything and do your runs.

Come back in and do as follows

7. Follow steps 1-4
8. Click stop
9. Click retrieve
10. Look at suggested values and see if thats what you want
11. Click apply all values
12. Click clear

Then you're done...you can start process from 1 again if you want to continue mapping.

But you can't do anything if you are in mapping mode. Once self mapping stops, click on the fuel adjust tab and you can see all your fuel trim adjustments. When you try and click on the cells bellow 3k...does it highlight in blue? It should...I would just click and drag the whole column you want and adjust by increments. Makes it easier...sorta like excel.

Appearance mods: CRG shorties(black) - Custom FE bracket - White reflective rim tape - Painted stock windscreen Safety: RS Taichi GMX - Arai Rx7 Collin Edwards Replica - A* SMX Plus - Woodcraft frame sliders
Performance: M4 full system - Bazzaz zfi/afm + Custom Zfi mount - Graves smog block offs
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

I was able to input values for 3krpm and below. i found that it would only work if it was plugged into the system. if you try to edit your map offline, the software wouldnt let you. i think yesterday was just a bad day.. in between taking pictures, riding a bike with a bunch of new components for the first time, 50 mph head winds, picking up a bolt on the track that gave my radiator a whole, to say that my attention is a little distracted is an understatement. i need to have a day dedicated to just riding... thanks for the help guys....

so, i have one last question...boggin is lean and blowing smoke is rich right?

and as far as afr, the lower the value, the leaner it is and the higher the value the richer it is correct?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Its air to fuel ratio, so the higher the first number the leaner it is.

IE, 13.5:1 is leaner than 12:1.

Go to Motomummy.com and look for the bazzaz tuning page.. talks you through everything there.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 03:36 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

You should still be able to work on the cells offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivamotorsiklo View Post
I was able to input values for 3krpm and below. i found that it would only work if it was plugged into the system. if you try to edit your map offline, the software wouldnt let you. i think yesterday was just a bad day.. in between taking pictures, riding a bike with a bunch of new components for the first time, 50 mph head winds, picking up a bolt on the track that gave my radiator a whole, to say that my attention is a little distracted is an understatement. i need to have a day dedicated to just riding... thanks for the help guys....

so, i have one last question...boggin is lean and blowing smoke is rich right?

and as far as afr, the lower the value, the leaner it is and the higher the value the richer it is correct?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page