can you run a full system?? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
speedygonzalz44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: washington
Posts: 153
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
can you run a full system??

this question has probably already been asked but i couldnt find it.. Can you run a fully system without a pc?? Im kinda waiting to order my power commander cuz im moving.. and i dont want to get it tuned here and then the elevation change and everything else..I eventually want to have a bmc street filter and full system.. but i think that may be a lil to much without the power commander.

Selling
08 cbr 600 graffiti
speedygonzalz44 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 04:56 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
stevewfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 1,238
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you can, if the CBR is like most bikes it'll be running in a lean manner. which you DO NOT want.

Why do you think we all buy PCIIIs? Its a waste of time, not good for your bike, and loss of pow-ah if you don't do it right.

2008 R1 YAMAHA in pornstar nipple red
2007 CBR600RR
stevewfl is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 11:10 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
stormy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: death to prius
Posts: 974
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
with 91 octane you will have no issues running a full system without PC
stormy is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
speedygonzalz44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: washington
Posts: 153
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
can u run a slip on and air filter??
or full system and air filter
.. I just dont wanna get a pc yet. since where i live now is completely different from where im moving.. So it wouldnt almost be pointless..

Selling
08 cbr 600 graffiti
speedygonzalz44 is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Training Wheel Hero
 
monwren5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In my Apartment
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It'll run lean, and youll get a lot popping in the pipes when you let off.

It MAY tend to run a bit hot (not overheating but it'll run hotter tahn wat it usually lieks to sit at) on really scorching days.

Other than that, nothing really. Sure it may foil your oil a LITTLE bit faster, but if its just a bit, should be fine. Honda engines are tough.
monwren5 is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 12:35 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Gville George's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 639
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
why not get the PC and use a down loaded map until you get a dyno tune, it won't be perfect but it will be better.
Gville George is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 12:58 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
SLAPS808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego County, SoCal
Posts: 28,565
Thanks: 179
Thanked 365 Times in 284 Posts
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzalz44 View Post
can u run a slip on and air filter??
or full system and air filter
.. I just dont wanna get a pc yet. since where i live now is completely different from where im moving.. So it wouldnt almost be pointless..
you can run either or. youll be fine. jus download the map application for your setup.






Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
SLAPS808 is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
sideroadslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Posts: 2,880
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gville George View Post
why not get the PC and use a down loaded map until you get a dyno tune, it won't be perfect but it will be better.
+10000000000 :)
sideroadslayer is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:58 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by monwren5 View Post
It'll run lean, and youll get a lot popping in the pipes when you let off.

It MAY tend to run a bit hot (not overheating but it'll run hotter tahn wat it usually lieks to sit at) on really scorching days.

Other than that, nothing really. Sure it may foil your oil a LITTLE bit faster, but if its just a bit, should be fine. Honda engines are tough.
but is there any increase in horsepower by installing a pc?or will it be still d same like w/o installing pc?
sabre 6xer is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
CTM_Patron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PWZ, Fo Life!!!!
Posts: 11,156
Thanks: 2
Thanked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Bazzaz z-fi and z-afm for the win!!!!! you can make your own map everywhere you go!!!!!

and yes, with the correct mapping, ur going to make more horses, that's why ppl pay someone to make them a custom map on a dyno
CTM_Patron is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
Jaycin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 350
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzalz44 View Post
can u run a slip on and air filter??
or full system and air filter
.. I just dont wanna get a pc yet. since where i live now is completely different from where im moving.. So it wouldnt almost be pointless..
I don't think anyone answered his air filter question yet but I would like to know the answer for this too please.

Air filter + stock exhaust?
Air filter + slip-on?
Jaycin is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
SLAPS808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego County, SoCal
Posts: 28,565
Thanks: 179
Thanked 365 Times in 284 Posts
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycin View Post
I don't think anyone answered his air filter question yet but I would like to know the answer for this too please.

Air filter + stock exhaust?
Air filter + slip-on?
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket air filter with stock exhaust.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket slip on with stock air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket slip on with aftermarket air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket full system and stock air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket full system with aftermarket air filter.






Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
SLAPS808 is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Pocketbike Racer
 
Jaycin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 350
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPS808 View Post
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket air filter with stock exhaust.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket slip on with stock air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket slip on with aftermarket air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket full system and stock air filter.
yes, you can run your bike with aftermarket full system with aftermarket air filter.
Thanks! :icon_stud
Jaycin is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 01:51 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
SLAPS808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego County, SoCal
Posts: 28,565
Thanks: 179
Thanked 365 Times in 284 Posts
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycin View Post
Thanks! :icon_stud
NP mang!
now with any of those combinations, if you want the most out of any...
youll need a pc or bazzaz and a good tuner to tune it.






Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
SLAPS808 is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
michaelwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Savannah GA
Posts: 1,300
Thanks: 114
Thanked 91 Times in 77 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
do they make a bazzaz for the 03-04? I THINK the origional poster has an 03-06 CBR600, probably an 05-06, not sure though
michaelwood is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 344
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwood View Post
do they make a bazzaz for the 03-04? I THINK the origional poster has an 03-06 CBR600, probably an 05-06, not sure though

They do not. As far as I know bazzaz only supports bikes with 8 injectors.
grtn316 is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 344
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzalz44 View Post
this question has probably already been asked but i couldnt find it.. Can you run a fully system without a pc?? Im kinda waiting to order my power commander cuz im moving.. and i dont want to get it tuned here and then the elevation change and everything else..I eventually want to have a bmc street filter and full system.. but i think that may be a lil to much without the power commander.

If you care about your motor, you will get a fuel controller at the same time. After doing a full system, filter and stacks my A/F ratio was around 14.9:1 at full throttle and it should be around 13:1. This is waaay too lean, a few pulls like this probably won't do too much damage but long term its a bad idea.

If you don't have the money to mod ur bike properly, then I'd hold off until you do.
grtn316 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome