Exhaust Guru help please... - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Exhaust Guru help please...

Hey guys, new member (not a noob to forum's) been cruising around for a while and love the site the people and my my 07 600rr! wOOT! (bought a few things from members so far with great results!)

My question/problem is that i bought a yoshimura header for my 07rr from a member on the forum (nothing against him, the transaction was very smooth!).

I just didn't do my homework (like i should have) and I assumed that yoshimura's full exhaust set up with header and slip on is the same as the yoshimura slip on that i already have on my bike and love.

So my question is now should I try and get the yoshimura full system slip on that will fit the new header?

OR

Will another header work with my current yosh slip on that i have on my stock header? IE: akra, or Arrow. Or are they all different sizes? Am i better off getting a different more versatile header?

Sorry for the big question and please don't tell me to use the search function because i did and found some answers but not exact ones i need...

I found in Browning bucks install that he said after he got it on just put on the slip on of your choice. i assume it uses the stock diameter then unlike the yosh?

Thanks in advance for the help, i work two jobs and have a hard time trying to open and read threads on my Black Berry on my breaks at work so i really appreciate the help.

~Corey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 49 reviews
Hey man some companies have Full or nothing.
Akra and Yosh (I guess now)'s full systems headers will not merry up with aftermarket s/o's.
If you want to go with a Stainless header Jardine makes a damn good system for realitivly cheap.
Then you can always go with Arrow if you want to go with Ti but along with the name comes a higher price tag :)

So in short if you love your Yosh can that you have there now.
Sell the other exhaust and get yourself a Jardine or Arrow header for it!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dude,

You are better off doing a whole system that works together, than trying to figure out "what goes where and what fits". Sometimes, it's just not worth the hassle just because you want to save a few bucks.

Every exhaust manufacturer welds and bends their pipes in different areas and locations, and that's why it is not advisable to do what you just did.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 09:47 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
lol I am in the same boat i have a yoshimura rs-5 slip-on and i wish to have a full system. I hope to get the answer to this as well.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yosh is for Suzuki......
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 12:08 PM
cnk
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You can use Arrow headers with any S/O that mates up to the stock piping. Many on the board have done so.

2007 Pearl White

OEM seat cowl
HRC CF trim set
R&G aero sliders, cotton reels, bar ends, swingarm protectors
Pazzo shorties
Cox radiator guard
White reflective rim tape
Tripage IT
Tripage adjustable FE
Akrapovic S/O
Dynojet PC3 USB
PAIR plates
Watsen flushmounts
Techspec pads
5000K DDM HID's
Woodcraft clutch/stator covers, rearsets, and shark fin
Ohlins 25mm fork cartridges
Ohlins TTX rear shock
HEL SS brake lines
Brembo RCS19 MC
Gilles TECA chain adjusters and crash pads
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Side Road: Thanks for the advice, I ended up getting the slip on from the member so everything will work out good. I'm just going to sell the slip on I have now and hopefully break even after it all works out...

Bucs: Thanks for the feedback but i wasn't trying to hodge podge 2 companies together originally. They are both Yosh and I just assumed (ya i know made an ass out of myself) that they would be compatable.

Baked: O crap... I didn't know that, I better throw all my ICON riding gear away too because it won't operate properly and protect me while I'm driving my Honda!!! haha Thanks for the info though...

cnk: thanks for the strait answer! looks like I'm just taking the easy road and getting the yosh full system pipe as well so i don't have to worry about trying to sell the yosh header that only fits yosh full systems...

Thanks for the info guys! I'll start a thread soon in the new members section to post up some pics of the bike and a formal introduction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page