need some help from you - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need some help from you

ok i have a little project going on and i need a little info from those that have aftermarket headers on there 2007-2010 cbr600rr i need to know what the out side diameter is on you primary tubes stock is 34mm and the header off an o8 1000rr that has better bends and is almost 39mm so a net gain of almost 5 mill in breathing please help i only need the diameter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
ok i have a little project going on and i need a little info from those that have aftermarket headers on there 2007-2010 cbr600rr i need to know what the out side diameter is on you primary tubes stock is 34mm and the header off an o8 1000rr that has better bends and is almost 39mm so a net gain of almost 5 mill in breathing please help i only need the diameter
Are you asking for the aftermarket diameter of a header pipe?
I don't have an answer for you, but if you're comparing a 600 to a 1k, of course the 1k is going to be bigger/badder. The problem comes when lining them up, trying to make them fit.

if it's 5mm of difference, they very likely won't fit.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

I know that they will not be a direct fit . what i have been able to research is that an 07 gsxr 600 has a stock primary tube size of 40mm and the same for a r6 of that year my point is im looking for a person who has installed a aftermarket header on there o7 600rr and i would like to know the primary tube diameter ...... i know this is going to be a cut weld replace job im just looking at being a little different

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
I know that they will not be a direct fit . what i have been able to research is that an 07 gsxr 600 has a stock primary tube size of 40mm and the same for a r6 of that year my point is im looking for a person who has installed a aftermarket header on there o7 600rr and i would like to know the primary tube diameter ...... i know this is going to be a cut weld replace job im just looking at being a little different
Ah, my bad. You could email a manufacturer and they'd probably be able to tell you pretty quickly.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i have some aftermarket 07 headers sitting in a corner over here collecting dust. Let me know what I can do to help with measurements.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

one sell them to me lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but since your offering the primary tube diameter off the cylinder head and the diameter of the collecter tube that would help a bunch but really ?? do ya wana get rid of those headers lol i have a bike that could use them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page