Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Power Commander Website Question

868 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Birdman 
#1 ·
Someone asked me this the other day and I forgot how to answer, I think I used to know though! On the Power Commander website it lists all the different choices of maps but the bottom few are listed as "European Model". What does this mean? Thanks.

Jim

#3 ·
CALIDUDE said:
European bike?

correct!!!! :D

The fuel in europe is different than in US.... so it's the mapping.
I have an Akra full system on my bike, I asked Dynojet if could use the Akra map for US bikes... they told me that I should use instead the Arata map (european model) until a map is available for my bike. They told that the mapping and fuel where very different beetween US and european bikes.

#4 ·
I believe he understands that, but I think he is asking what the differences in the tuning is between the european and US Bikes.

#6 ·
Hahahhahaha Exactly Mig. The only difference is the fuel and part of the world the bike is in (to an extent). Other than that (apart from Cal bikes but that's the same deal as you guys there anyway) the bikes are the same mostly.

#7 ·
Birdman said:
Hahahhahaha Exactly Mig. The only difference is the fuel and part of the world the bike is in (to an extent). Other than that (apart from Cal bikes but that's the same deal as you guys there anyway) the bikes are the same mostly.

Finally I was able to get one right.... Hurraaaaaaay!!!! :icon_lol:

#8 ·
Normal pump gas in uk is 95 octane, with super being 97 and shell optimax 98. Pretty sure a lot of europe is the same.
What is it like everywhere else? I understand us pump fuel is only 93. How strong is the roo-juice with you birdman?

#9 ·
Tim Radley said:
Normal pump gas in uk is 95 octane, with super being 97 and shell optimax 98. Pretty sure a lot of europe is the same.
What is it like everywhere else? I understand us pump fuel is only 93. How strong is the roo-juice with you birdman?
Fuel is not just about octane level... there are more things on fuel besides the octane level.

#12 ·
yep, it's about the same here. Wouldn't run optimax in my bike though. But anyway. It's a mix of lots of things, fuel, what part of the world you're in, dry, humid, etc. Fact is, that if I loaded a map for a U.S bike to mine? It'd be way off. Dusty at Dynojet saw this when he was down here a few years back. Tried heaps of them, and said "usually, when we try enough maps, you can find some that are ballpark and will be better than no mapping etc, and some pretty close, but you guys will have to do your own, coz none work. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.