Akrapovic Hex bracket question - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Akrapovic Hex bracket question

Hi guys,

I recently purchased an Akrapovic exhaust and it has been a bit of a fiasco so far. Long story short, I finally received a part that I was missing from my original shipment (muffler bracket) and the upper half appears to be in not-so-great condition. Since I admittingly am not familiar with the manufacturing process, I just wanted to get some comparisons and opinions of others that own or are familiar with these exhausts.

Below are some pictures I took of the areas I am concerned about. Unfortunately they don't do it much justice on how bad it looks. So my question is, does Akrapovic used unfinished carbon fiber for their bracket? Also, does it normally look all scratched and scuffed?

Anybody's input would be appreciated. I am trying to determine if I am being over-the-top or not.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by BonkerS; 07-19-2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: removed pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
It's hard to say. I can see the blemishes you're referring to in the photos, however that might have been caused during the shipping if the muffler bracket wasn't bagged or wrapped in anything. I can imagine it tossing and turning inside the box.

I bought my exhaust used, and it was in good condition. As for the inside, I wouldn't worry so much about it since no one is going to see it anyway. And the top/side of the bracket won't be seen either really, right?

BUT, if you feel that you should get your money's worth, then you should contact Akrapovic and get it sorted out with them. You're a paying customer - you bought a new exhaust and everything should've been there, and in new condition. Just just me.

Ride as if there is a tomorrow to live for.

FS: Dainese Wave V1 Neck Armor Jacket

FS: Dainese Torque Pro Out Air Boot (Euro 41)

2007 Honda CBR600rr Black/Silver - Stolen May 10, 2013 - RIP Evolet

2008 Honda CBR600rr Red/Black
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If you're going to try to keep your bike and bike parts in better condition than that but still ride it, you're gonna have a bad time

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingChance View Post
If you're going to try to keep your bike and bike parts in better condition than that but still ride it, you're gonna have a bad time
That's not the point. I am trying to make sure that I am not getting dicked around and am actually paying for a new part. Thank you for your useful post though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wong View Post
It's hard to say. I can see the blemishes you're referring to in the photos, however that might have been caused during the shipping if the muffler bracket wasn't bagged or wrapped in anything. I can imagine it tossing and turning inside the box.

I bought my exhaust used, and it was in good condition. As for the inside, I wouldn't worry so much about it since no one is going to see it anyway. And the top/side of the bracket won't be seen either really, right?

BUT, if you feel that you should get your money's worth, then you should contact Akrapovic and get it sorted out with them. You're a paying customer - you bought a new exhaust and everything should've been there, and in new condition. Just just me.
Yeah, I have been dealing with Akrapovic, as I knew right off this was not an issue with the vendor. Unfortunately, while Akrapovic has been somewhat helpful, they have been a bit lackadaisical in dealing with this issue, which is why I am making sure I am covering all my bases at this point.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
It just looks like rubbing from contact, like I bet they have a big bin of these things and they pulled one out of it. While they probably do their best to make sure the can tip and 'faced' carbon fiber parts are free of visual defects, they are probably not so much on brackets (that will be scratched the instant they tightened down as intended.) I say just roll with this so you don't have to deal with any more headache from parts exchanging.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:31 PM
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13

Akrapovič Exhaust Bracket

It looks absolutely fine to me. Here is a picture of the one I received with my full system for comparison.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ry6rr For This Useful Post:
MrNewEngland (07-30-2013)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:37 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Might b something someone returned and they just shipped out to u

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I believe all CF pieces are like that, one side would be glossy/smooth and the other dull. When you lay the CF fabric onto the mold, you cannot smoothly apply the clear/glossy resin on the side facing the mold.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

2012 CBR600RR

OEM: Solo Seat Cowl ; CBR1000RR Rear Turn Signal Lenses
Akrapovic: Slip-On
Bazzaz: Z-Bomb
Cox Racing Group:
Radiator Guard
DDM Tuning: HID
Lawst Caws: Frame Plugs
Stompgrip: Frame Traction Pads
StreetSkinns: Custom Seat
TechSpec: Snake Skin Tank Grips ; Tank Pro
Tripage: Smoked REG IT ; 40-LED Pegs ; Knight Rider Third Light ; Brake Flasher ; LED Flasher Relay
Watsen Design: Micro Alloy LED Signals

Future Mods: Tripage LED Mirrors & Ultimate KR
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:41 PM
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13

Akrapovič Exhaust Bracket

In addition to the one pictured above the carbon fibre bracket that came with my previous Akrapovič slip-on was also in identical condition. You really have nothing to worry about.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ry6rr For This Useful Post:
MrNewEngland (07-30-2013)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Ldn
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You might want to take different pics of the bracket... you have your full name and address displayed. Thats not really information you want the world to have.

As for your bracket. Looks normal to me. You gotta think where this bracket is located on the bike. Even with the rear hugger you're going to get a lot of stuff up there. Dirt, rocks, etc. But even with a few k miles on it it will look just like that, so it's not really all that "unfinished". Mine looks just like that and I have A LOT of miles on that thing.

"I don't want to burden you with my problems... but I think I've outgrown my yacht."

:)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ldn For This Useful Post:
BonkerS (07-19-2013)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldn View Post
You might want to take different pics of the bracket... you have your full name and address displayed. Thats not really information you want the world to have.

As for your bracket. Looks normal to me. You gotta think where this bracket is located on the bike. Even with the rear hugger you're going to get a lot of stuff up there. Dirt, rocks, etc. But even with a few k miles on it it will look just like that, so it's not really all that "unfinished". Mine looks just like that and I have A LOT of miles on that thing.
Ahaha, good call.

Yeah, I had decided yesterday to keep the bracket. I had spoken with Akrapovic and the vendor and we're all good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page