Ok I need some help.. - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok I need some help..

So I couldn't start my bike after I cranes out my tank and everything. I bought another harness to avoid the problems of it being that (plus it was mess). I connected it and still no prime. I'm starting to think that I connected something wrong in the fuelpump. Cause the wires coming from the harness have voltage but the fuel pump doesn't prime. But if I straight wire the fuel pump it primes. Doesn't make any sense.

Does anyone have a picture of their fuel pump assembly and the connection of how everything is supposed to be wired to make sure I didn't fkk something up when I cleaned it.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What year bike do you have? I have an 08, not sure if its the same fuel pump assembly as yours. If so, then your in luck because I had the same problem less than a day ago. After straightening the wires (Black and blue) the fuel pump would prime and when I released them (in their natural state) the fuel pump would not prime. I replaced the wires and the female disconnecters (the female disconnecters are held in the plastic clips). Unfortunately the smallest female disconnecters that I could fine locally were .110inches. So I did not use the plastic clips. Make sure though that the wires do not touch or your gas tank will be a bomb. I used heat shrink shields to solve that problem.

Although all you may need to do is clean the female disconnecters and you'll be fine. I did that and it work temporarily but ended up taking off the plastics three times! until i just decided to fix it for good.

As long as you are not crossing the blue and black wire over each other it should be fine. He's a link to the picture... (It looks exactly like this)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...77056651843486

Last edited by Polishblood; 08-19-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page