Pre-Tune winter mods - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pre-Tune winter mods

hey guys,
so ive decided to take the bike apart over the winter and put in a Bizzaz, new air filter (still to be chosen... accepting recommendations) and now while im getting in there what else should i do?
i read something about a PAIR mod and someone else said something about trimming intake flaps?
any link to how-to's and what they do?
also anything else i should be doing while im in there?

she is going to get a dyno tune in march or april depending on when ive got a dry day to take it to the race shop.

goal is to have a good running street bike, not track.

2009 600rr, probably wont be changing the ECU to the 07, may put in the z bomb or the PC version of it.
i read the only difference in the 07 VS 09 ECU is at WOT it retards the timing, which the Z-Bomb fixes for $50, vs a new ECU that will cost over $150 shipped (to canada..unless someone has a link for me)

also, does Bizzaz have pre made maps i can upload to use until the dyno tune just in case?? im debating on getting the dual mode switch for the bizzaz too, unless the module has the button right on it, i dont need to switch on the fly, in the trunk is fine.

Last edited by EaZ8; 12-05-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 12:28 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A bit of a read but it will teach you how to tune your own map:
http://forum.motomummy.com/index.php...15-zfi-tuning/

I was in your position a couple of times and I decided to go with the PCV because it is easier for local tuners to deal with.
I plan on getting my 600 tuned at Pro6 or Z1 … Both are Dynojet certified and have a stellar reputation within the racing/track community in the GTA.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina View Post
A bit of a read but it will teach you how to tune your own map:
http://forum.motomummy.com/index.php...15-zfi-tuning/

I was in your position a couple of times and I decided to go with the PCV because it is easier for local tuners to deal with.
I plan on getting my 600 tuned at Pro6 or Z1 Both are Dynojet certified and have a stellar reputation within the racing/track community in the GTA.
ive heard pro 6 is a really good shop.
i ended up grabbing a Bazzaz Z FI today, Kahuna had it 50% off. they also had the RF1100 for $200, i scooped up a scorpian exo500 as a backup or late day to evening ridesfor te flip down sunvis so i dont have to carry a clear and tinted.

ill be having riders choice tune the bazzaz, a buddy of mine that useto race with them and some of the guys from pro 6 told me he was just over there recently and they were showing him all the Bazzaz tuning features, mind you they were playing with the Z FI TC which i couldnt get my hands on for 50% off unfortunately, but i dont need the quick shifter, t/c and auto tune.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 12:56 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice! There's nothing that I really want so I didn't bother making the trip.

I've done a few track days with Rider's Choice this year and they're top notch people. I don't think you'll be disappointed…

Keep us posted!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

ive been in riders choice bunch over the years, great guys. you hear about the smash and grab they had a month or 2 ago? a guy drove van through their front door then filled it up and took off.

ive got a question about exhaust too actually...
while im at it i might as well upgrade my headers, ive got a akra slip on and i think i remember reading somewhere the akra full exhaust mid pipe is diferent than the slip on one, so the akra headers doesnt work with the akra slip on system?
somewhere i remember reading arrow headers are the ones to grab for the akra slip on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page