Bazzaz Maps? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bazzaz Maps?

im a little disappointed in the downloadable map options from bazzaz..
ive got a 09 with akra slip on, power bomb, z-fi and a k&n.

is there anywhere i can download a map for this setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 06:58 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Just what is on their website. Yes, there map database isn't that large as their entire product line is built around the zafm. You can email them and ask them which of their maps is the closest to your set up. Or I would recommend getting a dyno tune, but be sure to and ask the tuner if he's familiar with Bazzaz because if he's not you may not get your money's worth. Best to ask the tuner if he's familiar with Bazzaz first.
The Following User Says Thank You to motomummy For This Useful Post:
EaZ8 (01-01-2014)
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomummy View Post
Just what is on their website. Yes, there map database isn't that large as their entire product line is built around the zafm. You can email them and ask them which of their maps is the closest to your set up. Or I would recommend getting a dyno tune, but be sure to and ask the tuner if he's familiar with Bazzaz because if he's not you may not get your money's worth. Best to ask the tuner if he's familiar with Bazzaz first.
i was planing on having a dyno tune, the race shop i go to recommended the bazzaz over the pc-v, they tune both but like the bazzaz better.

ive got the block off plates ordered so i can put them in when ive got the bike all apart, one thing im debating on is selling the slip on and getting a full exhaust. the shop said the stock headers may cause some issues with the 02 sensor they drill in because of the cat. i think i found a spot they can do it pre-cat just after the servo, but i dont know if the servo will also mess with the tune, and if i should remove that too.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:12 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Sounds like you did your research. Personally I would do a full exhaust or just remove the cat prior to the tune, etc. Normally saves a good deal of weight and opens up the exhaust a good bit. Worth doing in my opinion, but of course it's not something 100% needed.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i'm pretty disappointed as well, it has nowhere near the maps database the PC3 & PC5 has but i'm leaning towards getting the ZFI & ZAFM when i upgrade from my old PC3.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomummy View Post
Sounds like you did your research. Personally I would do a full exhaust or just remove the cat prior to the tune, etc. Normally saves a good deal of weight and opens up the exhaust a good bit. Worth doing in my opinion, but of course it's not something 100% needed.
im not so much worried about the weigh, its a street bike i just dont want to skip steps ill end up changing i a couple months, such as the slip on i bought last season and now wish i just bit the bullet and bought the full system.

ho do you remove the cat? does anyone make a pipe that slips in to replace it?

motorcycle show is this weekend, if i can find a full system for a good deal i may scoop it up and sell my slip on.

or would i be better off buying the auto tune module (Z-afm)for the bazzaz and skip the dyno and leave my stock headers?

Last edited by EaZ8; 01-01-2014 at 07:28 PM.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

i fund a map on the Bazzaz site called "Z-Bomb specific Bazzaz map, SoCal, 91 pump fuel" listed as for 2009 cbr.
im going to try this map(and the one thats loaded on the unit already listed as 2009-12, apparently the unit comes with 2 maps, 1 is 2007-08 and one is 09-12, depending on which mode you put the plug/switch in)
It also looks like it was uploaded by Bazzaz not a secondary user.

im curious what "SoCal" means other than possibly southern california?? but i dont see what this has to do with the map? air moisture maybe?

also, since im draining my tank to do this all my fuel stabilizer will also be dumped, ill put it in my car and fresh fuel in the cbr (starting the project mid feb)
The Following User Says Thank You to EaZ8 For This Useful Post:
400kg (01-03-2014)
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaZ8 View Post
i fund a map on the Bazzaz site called "Z-Bomb specific Bazzaz map, SoCal, 91 pump fuel" listed as for 2009 cbr.
im going to try this map(and the one thats loaded on the unit already listed as 2009-12, apparently the unit comes with 2 maps, 1 is 2007-08 and one is 09-12, depending on which mode you put the plug/switch in)
It also looks like it was uploaded by Bazzaz not a secondary user.

im curious what "SoCal" means other than possibly southern california?? but i dont see what this has to do with the map? air moisture maybe?

also, since im draining my tank to do this all my fuel stabilizer will also be dumped, ill put it in my car and fresh fuel in the cbr (starting the project mid feb)
Cool, thanks could you let us know?

I was planning on running this map until i can get my bike to a tuner later in the spring.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400kg View Post
Cool, thanks could you let us know?

I was planning on running this map until i can get my bike to a tuner later in the spring.
ill let you know how it goes. i was looking at the 09 non bizzaz map in comparison to the 09 bizzaz map and i thought it only made a diference in the top end, but all the fuel maping is completly diferent. not that i really know what im looking at but the numbers in the bottom end should be similar if its just the higher RPM that changes witht he bazzaz?

i wont be on the road till mid march at best since im in canada and today is -25, i have a feeling ill be getting her dynoed in april.

bike is coming apart mid feb to do the install, im still waiting on block off plates that i ordered by driven.

whats your setup for bike year, intake, exhaust etc?
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
ill let you know how it goes. i was looking at the 09 non bizzaz map in comparison to the 09 bizzaz map and i thought it only made a diference in the top end, but all the fuel maping is completly diferent. not that i really know what im looking at but the numbers in the bottom end should be similar if its just the higher RPM that changes witht he bazzaz?

i wont be on the road till mid march at best since im in canada and today is -25, i have a feeling ill be getting her dynoed in april.

bike is coming apart mid feb to do the install, im still waiting on block off plates that i ordered by driven.

whats your setup for bike year, intake, exhaust etc?
09 cbr
With Bazzaz zfi-tc right now I'm in the middle of a conversion. I need to purchase my full exhaust. Witch I hope to have an arka. But we'll see prices in a bit... Im turning my bike full track. So basically a full track build.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 08:12 AM
BOTM Winner 07/12

Garage
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
)
Yes that means Southern California. It important because of altitude. If you installed a map that was done in Denver on your bike from, lets say, San Diego it wouldn't be good do the A/F mixture.

08'RR
Akra Evo TI - Bazzaz ZfiTc - Acumen Gear Indicator - Yoyo Stay - Keyless Mod - Michelin Power Cup - HRC overflow - ECUnleashed
Yoyo Slipper - Galfer Lines - HRC Rear Res - HRC Throttle - Woodcraft Sliders - Woodcraft Rearsets - Servo Mod - Samco Hoses
BMC - Hotbodies - Brembo RCS19 - Penske 8987 & 20mm Valving - ASV Levers - Rk 520 - GPR Damper - EBC XC Rotors
Woodcraft Clipons - Gilles Chain Adjuster - R&R Subframe - PAIR Mod - Cox Rad Guard - MOYT 4 cell - Factory Pro Shift Star
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03WisconsinRR View Post
Yes that means Southern California. It important because of altitude. If you installed a map that was done in Denver on your bike from, lets say, San Diego it wouldn't be good do the A/F mixture.
Also, gas varies from place to place. AZ, CA, NV have **** gas compared to the rest of the states so our 91 isn't as good as other places in the country. This means if you run a mapping from another state with the same octane rating you might come across some knocking, so its best if you just get it dyno tuned from someone who knows that they are doing.
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

what about no dyno tune and just installing the Bazzaz Z-AFM?

the tuner is adamant that i need to get rid of the cat otherwise the bazzaz isnt going to be beneficial. he is the tuner for a race shop and really knows what hes doing.
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 07:01 PM
BOTM Winner 07/12

Garage
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
The last time I had my bike tuned I had him run it once with the auto tune for comparison. He said it was very close to hit tune.

I have to agree with your tuner. I cant say you wont get any gains from just a slipon but they will be much better with a full system. If you already have the slipon it might be worth looking into a header like Arrow makes.

08'RR
Akra Evo TI - Bazzaz ZfiTc - Acumen Gear Indicator - Yoyo Stay - Keyless Mod - Michelin Power Cup - HRC overflow - ECUnleashed
Yoyo Slipper - Galfer Lines - HRC Rear Res - HRC Throttle - Woodcraft Sliders - Woodcraft Rearsets - Servo Mod - Samco Hoses
BMC - Hotbodies - Brembo RCS19 - Penske 8987 & 20mm Valving - ASV Levers - Rk 520 - GPR Damper - EBC XC Rotors
Woodcraft Clipons - Gilles Chain Adjuster - R&R Subframe - PAIR Mod - Cox Rad Guard - MOYT 4 cell - Factory Pro Shift Star
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03WisconsinRR View Post
The last time I had my bike tuned I had him run it once with the auto tune for comparison. He said it was very close to hit tune.

I have to agree with your tuner. I cant say you wont get any gains from just a slipon but they will be much better with a full system. If you already have the slipon it might be worth looking into a header like Arrow makes.
its not so much the headers that the problem is, he said just the cat.
ive contacted a couple custom exhaust shops that usually do some crazy builts and they said they can cut it out and put in a new section, but then i found a few threads of people just gutting the cat.
so im going to do that route, its chreap and free.
im going to try to gut it from the top, if that doesnt work ill cut it open and have it welded back together.

exhaust problem temporarily solved.
if this was a track bike ide be going with a full system, but really for the street a stock 600 is enough.

ive also got the gear indicator ordered and picked up new tires and a pitbull tripple tree stand.
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

does anyone that have the Bazzaz Z-AFM use it on the street?
do you have to run through all the gears to get a proper tune or is it just based on the throttle position?

i only ask because ive done 105km/hr in 1st gear, so do i really need to get each gear up to redline to tune it or is it just 1 gear with all throttle positions? i just dont think its really possible to get all the gears to redline without breaking too many laws lol

edit - ok, i ended up buying the Z-AFM...ill figure out how the thing works...hopefully.

Last edited by EaZ8; 01-13-2014 at 01:22 AM.
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 02:13 AM
Knee Dragger

Hmm this concerns me, i also have an 09

i have a Leo carbon slip on

K&N standard

Z-bomb

Z-FI

And the pair valve blocked off.

I was going to bring my bike to get it tuned next week, but i didnt think about the CAT. I dont want to spend the money on headers.. I also dont know if they will drill into the exhaust and put in the o2 censor at the shop. Looks like ill be making a phone call to my tuner to see what they want me to do
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 AM
Knee Dragger

Use the zAfm, got me very close to my dyno tune, very quickly.

post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 10:26 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
yea that's why I invested in an autotune.. buy a used one get your tune and sell it or keep if for future adjustments.

I have K&N, zfi qs and z-bomb with arrow headers and akra slip on once the weather clears up here in chi I don't mind sharing a map if u have a similar set up

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Wrist twist I have almost the same setup as you on my 09. I ended up getting thr autotune and not touching the cat.
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Would a PC or bazzaz be necessary if I just go with a slip-on on my 2013...I'm hesitant to go to crazy with anything yet as my bike is still under warranty but the stock exhaust is to quiet for my liking lol

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Just a slip on.. nope.
I noticed my bike on factory tune is running really rich.
I always smell like fuel after riding too, so the bazzaz should fix that with the autotune
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 01:39 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Just a slip on.. nope.
I noticed my bike on factory tune is running really rich.
I always smell like fuel after riding too, so the bazzaz should fix that with the autotune
your gna smell no matter what, its just part of riding.. eventually youll come to liking your new smell. haha

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
does anyone that have the Bazzaz Z-AFM use it on the street?
do you have to run through all the gears to get a proper tune or is it just based on the throttle position?

i only ask because ive done 105km/hr in 1st gear, so do i really need to get each gear up to redline to tune it or is it just 1 gear with all throttle positions? i just dont think its really possible to get all the gears to redline without breaking too many laws lol

edit - ok, i ended up buying the Z-AFM...ill figure out how the thing works...hopefully.
This may be a little late , but you don't have to worry about every gear, it just maps on throttle position and rpm. The gear selector wire is just for the quick shift, it kills the injectors longer in the low gears and shorter in the high gears. Bazzaz does have a smooth feature that you should use. Even after a couple of 20min. runs on the track, still had cells (blocks) that hadn't recorded, so the smooth feature does just that, smooth the fuel map.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstARRpsh View Post
Would a PC or bazzaz be necessary if I just go with a slip-on on my 2013...I'm hesitant to go to crazy with anything yet as my bike is still under warranty but the stock exhaust is to quiet for my liking lol

That's right, probably not nessesary , but you could get it to run more efficiently with one. They usually come set up for power at 13.0 to 1 AFR, but you could also set the light throttle, low to mid rpm cell's at around 14.5 for fuel economy if you want.
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck and roll View Post
That's right, probably not nessesary , but you could get it to run more efficiently with one. They usually come set up for power at 13.0 to 1 AFR, but you could also set the light throttle, low to mid rpm cell's at around 14.5 for fuel economy if you want.
I assume that is 13% fuel and 87% air?
Right now at idle my bazzaz wideband is showing 16.
Ita too cold to take it on the street so I havent dpne any tune yet, I just wiped the bazzaz map to all zero and im going to create a map based off that.
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksas View Post
your gna smell no matter what, its just part of riding.. eventually youll come to liking your new smell. haha
I share my office with a few girls.. fuel doesnt bother me..I bet the sweat from the ride in pisses them off though. Last summer I had to bring spare shirts and blast the axe spray lol
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
I assume that is 13% fuel and 87% air?
Right now at idle my bazzaz wideband is showing 16.
Ita too cold to take it on the street so I havent dpne any tune yet, I just wiped the bazzaz map to all zero and im going to create a map based off that.
Not quite, I think 13.0 to 1 is around 6 to 7% fuel. But 16.0 to 1 AFR at idle is lean. Just make sure before you go ride it to collect the data, that there is no exhaust leaks before the sensor. Any leaks will scue the readings collected.

Sorry about the spelling.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck and roll View Post
Not quite, I think 13.0 to 1 is around 6 to 7% fuel. But 16.0 to 1 AFR at idle is lean. Just make sure before you go ride it to collect the data, that there is no exhaust leaks before the sensor. Any leaks will scue the readings collected.

Sorry about the spelling.
and the target AF setting on these bikes is usually 13.0?(thats what bazzaz says is usually the best for bikes)

monday night ill be trying to tidy up my wiring and get the body back on the bike after i do a quick oil change.
the weather should be good by April to start riding which is when i start playing with the tuning and learning as i go.

ive got to see what other wire routing options i have, not that happy with where i have it now.
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 04:30 AM
Knee Dragger

Yeah pretty much the same set-up.. i didn't call my tuner yet tho to ask about the cat.. Id rather pay the 300 and get it done by someone who knows what there doing and wont tune it too lean but as lean as possible without the pre-ignition or detonation... i just don't want to buy headers because i don't race the bike..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page