Slip on questions - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Slip on questions

Yes.......I know there have been a million post about slip on exhausts and through those post I decided to go with the Yoshi RS5. I have been searching for a couple weeks now and recently ran across a Vance and Hines that made me think twice about the Yoshi. However, this is where the disconnect is as I can only find a couple of post where people have the Vance and Hines CSone. They seem to like the Vance and Hines but was wondering if that's still the case. I want an exhaust that give me a better sound than stock (almost any pipe out there), not too loud, gives me a better look, and a few more hp if possible (not that important). I know both of these exhausts fill my requirements. I guess the questions would be: Is there anyone out there who has heard both of these pipes in person and can describe the sounds in both? (to the Vance and Hines owners) Is the V&H worth the extra $ over the Yoshi? Is there anyone out there who have owned both? If so which one would you prefer? Thank you for your time and any input would be appreciated. I plan on ordering one by the end of the night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 03:16 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yoshi

/thread

'03 600 RR - ~33,000 miles (14,000 from me)
Yoshimura RS-5 Slip on - Arrow Stainless Headers - BMC Street Filter - PCV - EK 520 Chain on Driven Sprockets - CoreMoto Stainless Lines (F+R) - Dan Kyle PAIR Delete - The2Wheels Shorty Levers - Vortex V3 Rearsets - Woodcraft Frame Sliders & Bar Ends - Woodcraft Stator and Clutch Covers - Cox Radiator Guard - Renthal Dual Compound Grips - 1000RR Kill Switch and Throttle Housing - TST IT and FE - Proton Flushmounts
The Following User Says Thank You to G Money For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 06:58 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Akra

/thread

2007 Honda CBR600RR White
Stolen - Recovered - Still totaled out https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=473281
Part-out / Garage cleaning for sale thread https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...isc-parts.html
The Following User Says Thank You to BJYorko For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 06:59 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJYorko View Post
Akra

/thread
That's short for Akrapovic

2007 Honda CBR600RR White
Stolen - Recovered - Still totaled out https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=473281
Part-out / Garage cleaning for sale thread https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...isc-parts.html
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Pocketbike Racer

when it comes to slip ons the power gain is going to be almost non existent. the look would all come down to your preference im sure you've seen them both online. as for the sound in my opinion no video on youtube is going to do the exhaust any justice i would try and find reviews on each pipe individually weather that be on this forum or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to clilholt For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Lifetime Premium

I had the cs one on my 08 when I got it. I liked the sound. It wasnt very loud so you could roll around town but it opened up a bit down the highway. I replaced it with a toce which explains why I think the cs one is a little baby in comparison. The toce has low grumble at low rpms and really screams at high rpms. Never hear anything different. All in all I think the cs one is a good pipe. I sold it to paintballer on this forum. Send him a pm amd see what he thinks of it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

HartwickCBR's 08 Pearl Orange Build: Link
The Following User Says Thank You to HartwickCBR For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Knee Dragger

Akra Has a nice sound and is super high quality. Big bucks tho. Not too loud.
I was not a huge fan of how it looks..
I dont think you could go wrong with a Yoshi, lots of people use them and love them.

if you like the looks of the Vance and Hines pipe you might like a Hyper Flo pipe. I dont know how loud they are.

I went with the Leo Vince SBK carbon. Very high quality, Looks great in my opinion.
It comes with a removable baffle depending on how loud you want it. I took mine out and it sounds amazing. but very loud.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrist-Twist-Rookie For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrist-Twist-Rookie View Post
Akra Has a nice sound and is super high quality. Big bucks tho. Not too loud.
I was not a huge fan of how it looks..
I dont think you could go wrong with a Yoshi, lots of people use them and love them.

if you like the looks of the Vance and Hines pipe you might like a Hyper Flo pipe. I dont know how loud they are.

I went with the Leo Vince SBK carbon. Very high quality, Looks great in my opinion.
It comes with a removable baffle depending on how loud you want it. I took mine out and it sounds amazing. but very loud.
I totally agree, I also have the Leo Vince. Sounds throaty and deep at low rpms and screams at higher rpms. And affordable also if you go with the stainless steel.
The Following User Says Thank You to fofiffs For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fofiffs View Post
I totally agree, I also have the Leo Vince. Sounds throaty and deep at low rpms and screams at higher rpms. And affordable also if you go with the stainless steel.
I went with the carbon because of the looks, and they stay cool. I was sold on the Leo the first time i heard it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrist-Twist-Rookie For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I'm also in the market for an exhaust and BOY THERE ARE A LOT OUT THERE! So far I've liked the Yoshimura Rs-5 and the Two Bros Exhausts. Both of them are mid graded in terms of price. Here is my own comparison of the two. Yoshi has a much more grumbly sound, penetrating as well. The thing about low tones is that you will most likely hear that tone anywhere you're crusin (especially the freeway) which is where I will reside for the most part. Considering my hearing is already screwed up, I figured that drone will pretty much tune out of my hearing and and won't have to worry about that ringing noise after I hop off from a day of riding . As for the Two brothers, it seemed to have a higher over all tone and more noticable at idle. This was on my friend's '06 and it seems to match his riding style pretty well. If you want that type of attention, or enjoy the high noted pipe, go for it. Otherwise I'd shoot for the Yoshi. I'm still partial to the Yosh so I might sit on that one before I buy, if anyone has other viewpoints, I'd like to hear them!
The Following User Says Thank You to Reaper600r For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 11:11 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Nothing beat em akr -)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
The Following User Says Thank You to VinhMym For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,061 Times in 864 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Two mothers and yosh are both raspy... Maybe cheap sounding? I expect hyperflo and toce are emphatically so. Akra and arrow maybe Leo will give you a proper muffled sound. At the end of the day its what you like. I rode an RR with a yosh on it once and it was probably the most deplorable sounding pipe I've ever heard. I guess some like that though
The Following User Says Thank You to wibbly For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 12:13 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My dads got a Vance and Hines on his concours 14. Sounds badass but havnt been able to ride it yet being Michigan and still no sign of warm weather.

The Following User Says Thank You to Asabon94 For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Akra cost more than I want to spend on a slip on and for the price not really that impressed (never heard one in person though). I looked into the Leo and it was ok but not too crazy about the looks lol. The Two Brothers is just too loud for me. The Toce........the Toce was my first love. I love the way it sounds, I love the way it looks, price seems fair, but people often noted on how loud it was. How is it's loudness compared to the Two Brothers? Loudness doesn't bother me too much but trying to be mindful to the people in my neighborhood and I really don't want that target on my back. So, that's why I decided for the RS5 or Vance and Hines. I guess out of those two I will choose the Yoshi, but now I'm looking back into the Toce. Decisions........decisions.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Lifetime Premium

The toce isn't bad for driving around neighborhoods if you keep the rpms down. I guess it just depends on what you consider loud for neighborhoods. The vance and hines is not near the sound as the toce. I've never had a yoshi so I cant comment on that

The Following User Says Thank You to HartwickCBR For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Pocketbike Racer

I know I'll probably get flamed for this but I went with the big gun evo and I'm very happy with it. It's got a nice growl at idle and really screams when you get on it. Not as loud as two brothers, but people can still hear you well. I know it's considered an 'off brand' but the quality is good and you can't beat the price. I don't track my bike so performance differences between cans didn't really affect me. IIRC it was $220 shipped. If all your wanting is a different sound/louder over stock you should look into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to 45pro For This Useful Post:
yomahomie03 (03-19-2014)
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Yea I looked into the Big Gun Evo as well. Was one of the first I looked into because of the price but after some research people often said the quality isn't up to par and probably wont last over time. I want this to be a one time deal. The exhaust I pick is going to be on there until I run the bike into the ground.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartwickCBR View Post
The toce isn't bad for driving around neighborhoods if you keep the rpms down. I guess it just depends on what you consider loud for neighborhoods. The vance and hines is not near the sound as the toce. I've never had a yoshi so I cant comment on that

TOCE ftw!!
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Has anyone got a scorpion stealth? (This should probably have its own thread, I'm new and couldn't make one when I tried yesterday). Just got a cbr with this exhaust, the guy had lost the baffle, not sure what it looks like, the ones I've seen on the internet look too big to fit in....
Cheers
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

So, after a lot of thinking and youtube videos lol I decided to go with the RS5. Primarily because there where a lot more reviews on that particular exhaust over the Toce and Vance and Hines. I couldn't beat the price difference. I have been spending too much on my toys (lift kit , 5 new tires and rims for the Jeep, new tires, chain, mirrors, paint job and now exhaust on the bike) I don't want the wife to go off on me lol. I kind of wanted something different than everybody else, but the amount that I am willing to spend wouldn't allow. If only the Toce wasn't too so loud or the Hyperflow wasn't too expensive lol. Thanks for all of your input.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Training Wheel Hero

somewhere in the build section is a guy in the UK that has the toce and added extra packing. it made it a lot quieter. basically took some thin perforated aluminum sheet, rolled it around a broomstick, then wrapped it with steel wool. then shoved it into the end of the muffler. almost make me wanna buy the toce, then pack it more to quiet it down. i like the twin pipe look of it, but cant justify spending the money for it right now.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 01:59 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
Two mothers and yosh are both raspy... Maybe cheap sounding? I expect hyperflo and toce are emphatically so. Akra and arrow maybe Leo will give you a proper muffled sound. At the end of the day its what you like. I rode an RR with a yosh on it once and it was probably the most deplorable sounding pipe I've ever heard. I guess some like that though
Not gonna lie, those Akra's are way out of my price range. Personally, I don't really like the pipe end, of course it's technology that wins that argument (and opinion for that matter). I'm also bias towards yosh so that doesn't even this out. I would say that the tone isn't as 'refined' as the Akra but I'd like to bet this is by design. As for hp gains/losses I wouldn't have a clue.

Beware the Reaper!
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Just mounted a Bodis Q1-S on my CBR600RR. Looks and sounds great, though probably not as loud as the pipes you guys can get in the US.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 10:48 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDolowy View Post
Just mounted a Bodis Q1-S on my CBR600RR. Looks and sounds great, though probably not as loud as the pipes you guys can get in the US.

The US begin cracking down the loud pipes lol. Well here in Cali you can't have or buy full system anymore

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Training Wheel Hero

planning on purchasing my toce soon but was worried about possible unwanted tickets for noise or disturbing the neighborhood........

neighborhood issues would probably be dependent on if you keep it at low rpm as others have mentioned but what about local traffic and police? is the toce a ticket magnet WITH the baffles in?

On a side note, i always feel conflicted when speaking about noise and exhausts especially when we have local cruisers/harleys etc that are loud as fvck and never get ticketed for their noise......

TIA
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by moono View Post
planning on purchasing my toce soon but was worried about possible unwanted tickets for noise or disturbing the neighborhood........

neighborhood issues would probably be dependent on if you keep it at low rpm as others have mentioned but what about local traffic and police? is the toce a ticket magnet WITH the baffles in?

On a side note, i always feel conflicted when speaking about noise and exhausts especially when we have local cruisers/harleys etc that are loud as fvck and never get ticketed for their noise......

TIA
I've never had any problems with my toce. I do keep low rpms in neighborhoods so I dont have any problems though. As you mentioned harleys are a lot louder so my bike should be the least of the police worries if there's harleys running around. I also have the baffles in fyi. I think it sounds great the way it is so I found no need to remove the baffles. Any other questions/concerns just ask

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:

TIA
Yea...but the Harley's generally do not share the same reputation as our sport bikes out there. The louder exhaust shouldn't be an issue but some cops out there target sport bike riders. That's why I didn't get the Toce......didn't want to brighten the red target on my back and give them a heads up when I am coming.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:

TIA

I ride with a TOCE and haven't had any problems, TBH I don't even think the exhaust is that loud... I ran an Arrow exhaust before and it's louder than that but loud enough to get a ticket, don't think so IMO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page