Power COmmander issue - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power COmmander issue

So I was installing a tune on my bike with a PCV but i have a two bros slip on...My problem is that i cannot find the right tune on Power Commanders site. they only have on for 07-08 Two bros slip on VALE with stock air cleaner.
Does anyone know if i should go with that even though mine is not a Vale two bros? whats my best option thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 03:32 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JReGZ View Post
So I was installing a tune on my bike with a PCV but i have a two bros slip on...My problem is that i cannot find the right tune on Power Commanders site. they only have on for 07-08 Two bros slip on VALE with stock air cleaner.
Does anyone know if i should go with that even though mine is not a Vale two bros? whats my best option thanks guys
Your best option is to get a custom tune at a reputable shop. There are places online that sell custom maps based on your setup, which are a million times better than the maps on the Dynojet site and can be better than getting a tune on a dyno by someone who is not so competent.

Here you go: http://www.faic.cc/index3.html

You could also send dynarex (a member on here) a PM.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 07:25 AM
Knee Dragger

I can help you out
Any map on dynojets site will work
They're all pretty crappy
I've got a custom tune for your bike
Www.goevenfaster.com
Or just pm me

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Thanks guys!

dynarex I tried getting onto your site but it wont let me on because it says its not finished haha
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 07:22 AM
Knee Dragger

I'll ck into that- thanks

Just pm me if youde like

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Knee Dragger

I got my map from dynojet and it works really well imo. What year is your bike and I can help you look for it.

'09 CBR 600RR
- Two Brothers carbon fiber black series slip on exhaust
- Power Commander V
- Autotuner
- Zero Gravity double bubble dark smoke windscreen
- BK Moto V2 dual halo/demon eye projector kit
- TST smoke integrated taillight
- ASV F3 shorty levers
- flush mount front signals
- Galfer steel braided brake lines and pads
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
Your best option is to get a custom tune at a reputable shop. There are places online that sell custom maps based on your setup, which are a million times better than the maps on the Dynojet site and can be better than getting a tune on a dyno by someone who is not so competent.

Here you go: http://www.faic.cc/index3.html

You could also send dynarex (a member on here) a PM.
Do you know anything about Sportbike Performance Center in Phoenix? I just sent in an inquiry at the FAIC place you posted in the link. Can't see exactly where they're located, but based on the phone number it looks like they're not too far away in Tucson(about 1.5hr ride). I got a quote for $250 from SPC and they're doing runs only for $30 so I figured it's worth a shot to at least see what it's putting out. I'm hoping the previous owner who put all the money into the PC5, BMC filter and Yoshimura RS-5 exhaust did something to tune it(either downloaded map or dyno tune) as I haven't had any complaints about the performance.

I'll PM dynarex as well so I can have as much info as possible on this.

2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring - the road warrior

FMR Bikes - 09 600RR(sold 06/16), 04 CBR600F4i(sold 04/10) and 95 YZF600R(totalled 09/06)
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4playa View Post
Do you know anything about Sportbike Performance Center in Phoenix? I just sent in an inquiry at the FAIC place you posted in the link. Can't see exactly where they're located, but based on the phone number it looks like they're not too far away in Tucson(about 1.5hr ride). I got a quote for $250 from SPC and they're doing runs only for $30 so I figured it's worth a shot to at least see what it's putting out. I'm hoping the previous owner who put all the money into the PC5, BMC filter and Yoshimura RS-5 exhaust did something to tune it(either downloaded map or dyno tune) as I haven't had any complaints about the performance.

I'll PM dynarex as well so I can have as much info as possible on this.
Unfortunately I don't have any info on that center. When I needed a map, I went for the easiest way I could get one really and it was through dynarex. I haven't looked back since, I would only pursue an even better map if I'm racing but even for advanced track riding his map is definitely one of the best IMO.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rad Rage For This Useful Post:
vr4playa (08-04-2014)
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
Unfortunately I don't have any info on that center. When I needed a map, I went for the easiest way I could get one really and it was through dynarex. I haven't looked back since, I would only pursue an even better map if I'm racing but even for advanced track riding his map is definitely one of the best IMO.

👍
Much appreciated

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm going to try this, just sent you a request through the link you provided.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilG54 View Post
I'm going to try this, just sent you a request through the link you provided.

Goevenfaster.com

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Knee Dragger

If you pm me I'll cut u a 600rrnet deal

The Following User Says Thank You to dynarex For This Useful Post:
EvilG54 (08-04-2014)
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just did!!
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Did a dyno run today and it's just under 100 RWHP @12.5k and 45 RWTRQ @11.5k.

Gotta check my funds, but will probably be getting that map from dynarex later this week and go back next Mon to see what the gains are from a proper tune.

Mods are listed in my sig but are basically the Yosh RS-5 full exhaust and BMC high-flow filter... slip-on needs a repack and air filter was cleaned about 4k ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009CBR600RR Dyno Run 08-04-14.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	135833  

FMR Bikes - 09 600RR(sold 06/16), 04 CBR600F4i(sold 04/10) and 95 YZF600R(totalled 09/06)

Last edited by vr4playa; 08-04-2014 at 10:10 PM.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Official Sponsor

So I see these posts alot about our maps on the site are crap and I just don't get it. The maps on the site are tested at our facility to produce the best horsepower and drivability that we can for that bike, with that exhaust. It won't get any better than this. Granted not every bike is exactly the same but should be very close. We travel all over the country dynoing bikes and guys come up to the dyno with our base map that correlates to their setup and we rarely have to adjust it.

We have looked at some of these maps you can purchase "on-line" without the service ever seeing your bike, knowing state of tune, or knowing if it is currently running rich or lean and they have all been horrible. We had a local customer buy one of these maps and we ran it on the dyno back to back with our map and it was night and day. The customer originally stated the map he bought felt better until he saw the dyno runs, then he changed his story. Placebo effect? Not sure, but the AFR and power does not lie.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Do you have a comparison of those runs?

I'm curious as I just downloaded the map from your site for my setup:

16-001-009 2009-2012 Honda CBR600RR, Yoshimura RS-5 full exhaust, Stock or aftermarket air filter

Is elevation and temperature factored into this and is there a difference between stock/high-flow air filters or is it really just the exhaust that causes a difference in A/F ratio?

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Take out the guess work, get a tune from a reputable shop.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 07:37 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynojetResearch View Post
So I see these posts alot about our maps on the site are crap and I just don't get it. The maps on the site are tested at our facility to produce the best horsepower and drivability that we can for that bike, with that exhaust. It won't get any better than this. Granted not every bike is exactly the same but should be very close. We travel all over the country dynoing bikes and guys come up to the dyno with our base map that correlates to their setup and we rarely have to adjust it.

We have looked at some of these maps you can purchase "on-line" without the service ever seeing your bike, knowing state of tune, or knowing if it is currently running rich or lean and they have all been horrible. We had a local customer buy one of these maps and we ran it on the dyno back to back with our map and it was night and day. The customer originally stated the map he bought felt better until he saw the dyno runs, then he changed his story. Placebo effect? Not sure, but the AFR and power does not lie.
The problem you guys have is not what you provide or that your maps are inherently poor, it's that 95% of your customer base has almost no idea what the product actually does, what it actually changes and what to expect. And they think that once they install your $350 "magic box" they'll immediately see a 50% increase in power and are disappointed when they don't feel anything drastically different so they say your maps are crap, not knowing the bike actually runs smoother, cooler and throttle response changes are usually subtle when they expect this huge difference. Then because they read "your maps suck" posted by some random dude with no idea they think they need go buy one of these "special" guy maps to feel something and because those maps a lot of times drastically increase the fuel numbers right off idle they will feel a surge in "power" so they run around every place they can telling those that don't know any better that the $50 map was far better than a real tune from a real shop and your crap maps. And even if they feel nothing different or have no comparison with your provided maps, they still proclaim their worth because they don't want to feel ripped off that they bought basically the thing you guys offer for free.

Read around here a bit and see what people say and pass off as knowledge of your products (and it's the same on every forum I've been on); just the other day someone on here was eluding they thought your devices "flash" stock ECUs and EVERY thread about mapping starts and ends with dyno numbers and peak HP being the goal not caring about the throttle areas we ride in everyday.

I also think a lot of confusion also starts when they look online to see what you offer don't see a map for the EXACT same setup they have (say they have an Arrow SO and you guys only have Akra and TBR listed) so they think it's not going to work for them not knowing that in all honestly a slip on is a slip on and all the SO maps in the end will be pretty close and to just load the closest config and adjust from there if needed will work fine.

It's a no win situation at times for you guys but another factor is money: your guys' maps are what I would say are 90% perfect, but to get that final exact-to-your-bike tune is another $300 or so which no one wants to pay and a lot of dyno shops are shady anyway so when someone with apparently more knowledge than them offers a low cost "map" solution, well, an industry is created.

And your company is caught in the middle.

Mike
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miweber929 For This Useful Post:
jme6hundy (08-14-2014), vr4playa (08-08-2014)
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miweber929 View Post
The problem you guys have is not what you provide or that your maps are inherently poor, it's that 95% of your customer base has almost no idea what the product actually does, what it actually changes and what to expect. And they think that once they install your $350 "magic box" they'll immediately see a 50% increase in power and are disappointed when they don't feel anything drastically different so they say your maps are crap, not knowing the bike actually runs smoother, cooler and throttle response changes are usually subtle when they expect this huge difference. Then because they read "your maps suck" posted by some random dude with no idea they think they need go buy one of these "special" guy maps to feel something and because those maps a lot of times drastically increase the fuel numbers right off idle they will feel a surge in "power" so they run around every place they can telling those that don't know any better that the $50 map was far better than a real tune from a real shop and your crap maps. And even if they feel nothing different or have no comparison with your provided maps, they still proclaim their worth because they don't want to feel ripped off that they bought basically the thing you guys offer for free.

Read around here a bit and see what people say and pass off as knowledge of your products (and it's the same on every forum I've been on); just the other day someone on here was eluding they thought your devices "flash" stock ECUs and EVERY thread about mapping starts and ends with dyno numbers and peak HP being the goal not caring about the throttle areas we ride in everyday.

I also think a lot of confusion also starts when they look online to see what you offer don't see a map for the EXACT same setup they have (say they have an Arrow SO and you guys only have Akra and TBR listed) so they think it's not going to work for them not knowing that in all honestly a slip on is a slip on and all the SO maps in the end will be pretty close and to just load the closest config and adjust from there if needed will work fine.

It's a no win situation at times for you guys but another factor is money: your guys' maps are what I would say are 90% perfect, but to get that final exact-to-your-bike tune is another $300 or so which no one wants to pay and a lot of dyno shops are shady anyway so when someone with apparently more knowledge than them offers a low cost "map" solution, well, an industry is created.

And your company is caught in the middle.

Mike
agreed that their maps are great on a dyno-but do you ride on a dyno
just as another opinion I would like for you to try a map that I made against your best map- around a track and in the street- and see how it compares-Ide be willing to bet its the same or better
no charge no obligation no harm no foul no animosity nothing
just a simple try it
your sig says youre ama so I would really value your opinion on this
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Official Sponsor

Dustin Dominguez's maps, Danny Eslicks maps and most of the others that have won DSB and Supersport were also made on our dyno in the exact same way we make all of our maps. They did pretty good with our "dyno maps".
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 07:25 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynarex View Post
agreed that their maps are great on a dyno-but do you ride on a dyno
just as another opinion I would like for you to try a map that I made against your best map- around a track and in the street- and see how it compares-Ide be willing to bet its the same or better
no charge no obligation no harm no foul no animosity nothing
just a simple try it
your sig says youre ama so I would really value your opinion on this
Honestly on this bike I'm not currently running a PC because the bike runs fine without it and has just an Akra slip on. There is NOTHING you can do or have done with a map that anyone else can't or hadn't done themselves so while you've carved yourself a nice little niche business out of people's inability to grasp how a PC functions and their fear of a DJ map (which I applaud you for), I personally see no reason for it and won't further the hype over it by "testing" for you. You are correct, a dyno run is not a real world riding situation, but its not far off from optimal and I know how to tweak it.

FYI, the sig underneath everyone's name is generated by the forum, I'm not a racer. Been riding for 30+ years, did track days before there even was a thing as a track day and at last count have owned over 35 motorcycles in my life but the desire to have some Rossi wannabe who can't change his own oil take me out because he thinks that he's fast and has a testosterone surge isn't there.

But again, I wish you well in your business.

Mike
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Moto GP Racer

dynarex map uses some "overlooked by most tuners" functions of the PC5.

his tune does give me better throttle response in mid rpm/mid throttle situations, than any of the other maps/tunes i have used.....(custom and DJ)

Miweber929, you should try what he offers......it worked well for me!
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 07:06 PM
Knee Dragger

The reference to AMA was a slight younger in cheek sort of thing
Nevertheless the experience is there I'm sure
Although I do charge a little for my maps I assure you it's nowhere near a business standpoint
I'm just tryin to help and to educate riders of all kind
Thanks
Oh and thanks tary for the kudos!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page