headers? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
headers?

I have the yoshi rs-5 slip on and I was thinking of doing the rest of the exhaust I was wondering where i can order just the hearders? Dose brad from super bike sell just headers? or whats the deal

Yes it's fast. And no you cant ride it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 01:29 AM

No point. You gain nothing from the Yosh headers. Spend the money on getting trhe slip on mapped right.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 08:38 AM

does that go for the same as my slipon?

Can i just get the header piping as well? and how much does it cost?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 02:47 PM

You can not buy a Yosh slip on and headers separately. The slip ons that Yosh makes are made to fit the stock headers. Yosh's headers are of a smaller diameter tubing so you would have to buy a complete exhaust system and toss/sell your slip on.

You're better off getting an Arata slip on and map it then buying their headers later. You can buy the headers and slip on separately from Arata.

Just can't do it with Yosh.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Birdman, a buddy of mine with a ZX10r said that putting on a header losses all the low end power and your better to stay with the stock header unless you plan on just drag racing it. Is this try or just something someone told him?

Black '04 CBR 600RR
Mods: Silver wing removed, all black Corbine Seat,
Bagster Tank Cover, Scorpion Titanium Slip-on
and the 4 dollar FE mod with Shock Racing LED turnsignals.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 05:38 AM

It's total BS. The reason most of the time, (with GOOD full systems) that you lose bottom end with JUST the system, is that it upsets the fueling of the bike more than the slip on. Mapped, so that the fueling is right, a good system will not lose ANY hp anywhere.

Th header size doesn't matter as the Arata headers are bigger than the stock headers so how do they make theirs fit? The muffler has the same inlet on the slip on as it does the full (ie: it's the same muffler) But the lead pipe that comes with the headers, is the same size at the muffler end, but bigger at the header end to fit on the new headers. Dunno if Yosh do that or not, but that's how Arata do. Nothing to do with different sized headers as such.

Yep you can get the headers for yours Bricks, and with the Arata it will add h.p. But on the Yosh it does not, hence the waste of $'s.

Here's a ZX10 full system graph to show ya mate. LOL
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
Th header size doesn't matter as the Arata headers are bigger than the stock headers so how do they make theirs fit? The muffler has the same inlet on the slip on as it does the full (ie: it's the same muffler) But the lead pipe that comes with the headers, is the same size at the muffler end, but bigger at the header end to fit on the new headers. Dunno if Yosh do that or not, but that's how Arata do. Nothing to do with different sized headers as such.
Yosh does not do that. That's one of the many reasons why I will never go back to Yosh. They force you to buy a full system even if you've already purchased a slipon/mid-pipe.

Birdie, you don't need to sell me on Arata. Once I slapped my slipon/mid-pipe and heard it for the first time I nearly wet myself :D

Last edited by SilverSurfer; 04-14-2006 at 02:56 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 10:05 PM

Nah not trying to, just explaining that just coz the headers are a different size, don't mean they don't sell the headers later on. They are ALL different between stock and after market, slip on lead pipe vs system lead pipe etc, yet some do, some don't. If Yosh don't, then so be it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Pocketbike Racer

so birdman, are you saying you can add an arata header later to fit the slip-on? i called arata after i bought my slip on for my 05 600rr, the guy was a real ****, said i had to buy a new full system because the slip on fitment and the full system were completely different. am i understanding you correctly?

07 600RR BLUE/SILVER
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 06:55 AM

Contact Owen from COG here on the site, they are the US distributor for Arata, he'll set you straight. Like i said, the lead pipe is different, yes. It has to be, to fit the stock headers. But at the muffler end, it's the same, coz it's the same muffler. So you have to ditch the slip ons lead pipe, but the lead pipe that comes with the headers, ewill go staright on your Arata muffler. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page