Ignition module ?? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ignition module ??

I have bought the ignition module so I could cut spark instead of fuel with my quickshifter. Anyone have any advice on the ignition module. Where to set it to start with as far as ignition advancing? The bike has some supersport tricks and hrc cams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sounds like someone gets to play on the dyno. I don't know of anyone but you that has one. If I do they haven't told me. Let us know what you find.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

yeah, I have been tuning the bike myself with the innovate system and I also have a custom map. I guess I would have to get on the dyno. ITs probably not worth that much power and thus not worth the $ for the dyno time so I figured I'd see if anyone had a baseline to try since I have bought the thing anyway to use with the shifter............we'll see.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well with the cams and the head work that you probably did it's going to be difficult to find someone else with the same setup to compare to and one of the few people that can actually take advantage of the advanced timing module. But if you have the CAT removed I see no reason why you can't tune it yourself. The onboard Innovative System is a real world scenario under actual driving conditions. Can I borrow it when you get done?

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

It is pretty trick(innovate) but there is a learning curve. It takes some time to really figure out and its further complicated imo by our bikes having 2 sets of injectors. I think I would have to tune the ignitoin stuff on a dyno, but I have gotten a few opinions on the wera board as far as advancing a couple degrees for u4........so I might try that by feel. Otherwise i guess i'll leave it stock and use it for the shifter...........hmmmm. I can't just leave **** alone.lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page