05-06 Yosh RS5 Map (full or slipon) - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
05-06 Yosh RS5 Map (full or slipon)

Buddy of mine has an 06 RR with a Yosh RS5 s/o. Theres a map from powercommander for the 03-04 Yosh RS5 full system but not for the 05-06 RS5 full or s/o. Did a search without luck. Anyone have a custom map for the RS5 on an 05-06 they wanna share? He has the stock map now and is planning to eventually get it custom mapped but for now wants to play around with different maps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 06:49 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you know what... if you find something lemme know cause i got my rs5 so and my biek is running crazy rich!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_600RR
you know what... if you find something lemme know cause i got my rs5 so and my biek is running crazy rich!
The powercommander site has a map for the 03-04 RS5 full system.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 07:35 PM

i know but i got an 05 with a slip on and not full
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_600RR
i know but i got an 05 with a slip on and not full

Did you give the full yosh map a try? Did you try maps for other exhausts?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 07:39 PM

nope i havent yet....
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

No one has a custom map for a yosh on an 05-06?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Moto GP Racer

Honestly without a custom map one guess is as good as any other. Just try out ANY map on the site, doesn't matter what exhaust, setup, etc... that it's for. Without a custom map they're all just shot in the dark.

Randal Graves: There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

Wouldn't a custom map for an 05-06 RR with the Yosh be better than a map for another type of exhaust from the site? I realize your own custom map specifically for your particular bike and exhaust is the best but i'm thinking a custom map from someone with a Yosh would be better than a map for say a Jardine.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_rocket65
Wouldn't a custom map for an 05-06 RR with the Yosh be better than a map for another type of exhaust from the site? I realize your own custom map specifically for your particular bike and exhaust is the best but i'm thinking a custom map from someone with a Yosh would be better than a map for say a Jardine.
Nope, not really. All bikes are so dissimilar that it's all going to be hit and miss. I'm not saying that certain maps won't help your bike without it being custom mapped, but really one is as good as another. Hopefully our mapping expert(Birdman) will post on this thread to explain it better than me.

Randal Graves: There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

Last edited by GA_RR; 04-19-2006 at 08:01 AM.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_RR
Nope, not really. All bikes are so dissimilar that it's all going to be hit and miss. I'm not saying that certain maps won't help your bike without it being custom mapped, but really one is as good as another. Hopefully our mapping expert(Birdman) will post on this thread to explain it better than me.

How dissimilar could one RR be from another when they make comparable HP/torque from the factory? I'm talking 03-04 to another 03-04 or 05-06 to another 05-06. Given, the parts used to manufacture the bikes have specific tolerance ranges and you could end up with a bike with most or all the parts at conflicting or detrimental combinations of tolerances basically giving you a "lemon" but other than that they should all be pretty close. (ie: the cylinder bore being the maximum size tolerance and the pistons the minimum leaving a bigger gap) Therefore, putting the same exhaust on two different RRs of similar years should give you similar changes in performance whether it be gains or losses. I'm sure the manufacturers of exhausts need to maintain their products within certain tolerances as well. Again, I realize having your bike custom mapped is ideal. Birdman, where are you? Time for you to wade in for some clarification.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Yup, been waitting for about a year now. I run the only US map for a slip on they have for the 05 off the site and my bike feels and runs great!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 11:01 PM

OK, what happens is that the bikes are not all the same, internaly and that is why you get one bike making 96h.p on the same dyno as another bike, same year and model, making 101h.p. That is also why race bike engines are pulled apart and put back together (blue printed) to the exact spec and tolerances as the factory engine specs state, as 95% of the time, they'll be out, one more in some places, another more in others etc etc etc. Now, relating that to mapping, a map that is done for one bike, and then put on another, might work great for part of the map, and crap in other parts. It might "feel" like it gives more pull up top, by making it have less through the midrange, and so as it comes out of that hole, you think "whoaaaaaaa, how much pull has she got now?"

I have doen 2 GSXR1000K3's at my place, two mates. Same exhaust, same filter, mapped on the same day, both made within a h.p of eachother on the chart. BUT looking at the map, some areas were pretty close to eachother , but others varied by up to 20%, so where one bike had values of -2, the other had -22. That is a huge difference. Like GA said, you can downlaod and try ANY map, you won't KNOW which is a good map or what's not a good map until you put it on YOUR bike and try it. To me though, if you spend the $'s on a pipe or system, and then again on a PC to get the most from your pipe/system etc, to then wanna dik around "hoping" maps will work, then.......... have fun. Personally, I'd want it spot on everywhere. Get it custom mapped and you will not have these 'I can't find a map for my bike" problems. Hope this helps. have fun
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 11:03 PM

"The powercommander site has a map for the 03-04 RS5 full system."

Again, the Yosh slip on gives the same gains etc as the full system, so you could try that map no dramas. Again, it'll be as close or as far off as any other. Normally, nah, I wouldn't say to try a Arrow system map for your slip on, it'll be too far out (you'd think) but the Yosh headers do Jack, so try it and see.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
"The powercommander site has a map for the 03-04 RS5 full system."

Again, the Yosh slip on gives the same gains etc as the full system, so you could try that map no dramas. Again, it'll be as close or as far off as any other. Normally, nah, I wouldn't say to try a Arrow system map for your slip on, it'll be too far out (you'd think) but the Yosh headers do Jack, so try it and see.
will do sir!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 03:34 AM

Let us know how you go. And you are now my bestest mate in teh world. hahaha NOBODY calls me sir. Haha
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for wading in Birdman. I knew there could be diffences between bikes of the same year and make but not as significant as you are suggesting. So basically try any map and see what works best for the bike. Interesting to note on my trip yesterday my bike with a slipon Jardine and map for the Jardine from the powercommander site running a 15/45 sprocket setup got better mileage than my buddies bike with the slip-on Yosh and stock map with OEM gears.

Last edited by joe_rocket65; 04-21-2006 at 02:27 PM.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 03:12 AM

nah you're missing the point. There is nothing surprising about that at all. And yeah, I'm exagerating, sorry, what the fuk would I know. LOL. Did I not just give a real world example of what I was saying? and by how much they did differ? And for the reasons I said, you just supported with that remark. If your map is leaning your bike out and the other bikes map is not leaning it out enough, for what that bike needs, then it will do exactly that huh? I can give you great mileage, just put your "low" button to the leanest setting, whoa la........ LOL You can't possibly say that a bike is gonna run better on X map with Y pipe compared to Y map with X pipe just by the name of the map. And better fuel consumption can be good, it can also mean it's too lean. Again, personally I dunno why you'd bother with all this guess work, just get it done right to begin with and you're set, not to mention your bike is running at it's peak, everywhere in the rev range etc.

Say your bike, was at 12.8:1 at cruise ok? Now, the map you use, has a value (and this is real general, just to make the point) of -10 in that area, which made your bike run at say, 13.5:1. Now, your mates bike, was at 12.4:1. His map, has a value of -8 in the map at the same point. His bike now runs at say 13:1. Of course you're gonna get better mileage. LOL But that has nothing to do with the name of the map or what pipe it was mapped for, it's about what the bike that the map was written for needed to get it right. Your bike may (and WILL) need different values to get the same results. But you believe whatever.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Knee Dragger

this is a random question i know but i didn't want to start another exhaust thread just to ask this question - is the carbon fiber yoshi with the carbon endcap quieter than the stainless steel/carbon fiber WITHOUT the endcap?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 07:40 PM

"I knew there could be diffences between bikes of the same year and make but not as significant as you are suggesting"

Just re read that and I must apologise for my reply. Took that totally the wrong way. Sorry mate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page