Bazzaz or PC for slip-on tune? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bazzaz or PC for slip-on tune?

My '06 is currently running a STOCK set up (no exhaust, fuel delivery or even air filter mods), and I'm thinking of having either a Yoshi slip-on or a Delkevic slip-on in a few months, with the intention of buying the headers separately later to complete the 'full-system'

Either way, whatever I put on it, I want to be able to retune the fuelling to make sure it doesn't run lean and also to get the best possible performance.

So I'm hearing that the PCV only controls 4 injectors whereas the Bazzaz controls 8 injectors, and that the Bazzaz option has a better autotune feature. Is this true? Which specific brand and model would you recommend for my '06?

I also considered the PCV earlier with a downloaded map for the '06 + Yoshi-slip on, but the problem is, I'm in Australia, the USA spec is slightly different, and I don't know the Euro-spec differences.

The reason I want to do this is because dyno tuning here is very expensive, and if autotuning is good, then I'll stick with that. Please be as detailed as you want to be, and if anyone has any maps + dyno charts, whatever, I'll be keen to see it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Official Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Adding a slip-on to your setup will not cause the bike to run excessively lean so as to NEED a fueling unit. Granted there are gains to be had by getting the AFR tuned correctly though.
There is no need with this setup to adjust the upper injectors. Unless you run out of fuel control with just the lowers there is no performance gain by adjusting the uppers. That being said the PCV with the additional SFM does allow you to adjust the uppers if desired. They also allow you to adjust them independently.
The major differences in Auto kit is that the Dynojet unit tunes in REAL time. So as you ride the bike the changes are happening instantly. Others just gather data so when you accept the trims you are getting an average of the total session. So lets say you ride in the mountains and want the benefits of the bike Autotune. You can either have it tune while you climb in elevation in real time or stop and take out your lap top every 1000ft of elevation gain and accept the trims.
We have quite a few maps for this bike with slip-ons. Just use the European maps and you'll be good to go. Map M16-022-520 is for your exact setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page