Akrapovic Sound Clip - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Akrapovic Sound Clip

I searched for an Akrapovic sound clip but did not come up with anything.. I know their is that sportriders website with sound clips for every exhaust but that is on a R6 which in my opinion doesn't even compare to the RR soundwise.. I found a post where someone posted a link to a clip but it would never work for me...

Does anyone have a soundclip of their Akrapovic slip-on on their RR? What about pictures?

I have narrowed it down to either the Akrapovic, Micron, or Two Brothers carbon fiber slip-on... I think I like the way the Two Brothers sounds the best (but I haven't ever heard the Akrapovic).. I have heard the two brothers in person on an RR and it was looouuddd, but in a good way... I have just heard the Akrapovic is quiet, is this true? What is the Micron comparable too?

I like the looks of the Akrapovic and Micron, but the sound of the Two Brothers is what I am looking for and I don't think the older style looks to bad (the C2/C5 cans)... ahhh

I have researched these to no end and I am tired of it, I want your input... Performance I guess is important, but I don't plan on becoming a racer any time soon, but I don't want to get anything cheap... I am sure no matter which one I get I'll be extremely happy, but I don't want to invest $450+ on something that could be just a little bit better ya know?

EDIT: I'll be ordering in the next week or to, I'll update with some pictures and hopefully a soundclip if I can figure out how to..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Ducati Champion Del Mondo

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Slyder has a full Akra on his bike and I heard it a few days ago on the dyno, sounds really good to me.

Jason

“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 03:13 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Link here http://media.putfile.com/Oulton-Lap-b5mb to what the full system sounds like if that's any help?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxville
I searched for an Akrapovic sound clip but did not come up with anything.. I know their is that sportriders website with sound clips for every exhaust but that is on a R6 which in my opinion doesn't even compare to the RR soundwise.. I found a post where someone posted a link to a clip but it would never work for me...

Does anyone have a soundclip of their Akrapovic slip-on on their RR? What about pictures?

I have narrowed it down to either the Akrapovic, Micron, or Two Brothers carbon fiber slip-on... I think I like the way the Two Brothers sounds the best (but I haven't ever heard the Akrapovic).. I have heard the two brothers in person on an RR and it was looouuddd, but in a good way... I have just heard the Akrapovic is quiet, is this true? What is the Micron comparable too?

I like the looks of the Akrapovic and Micron, but the sound of the Two Brothers is what I am looking for and I don't think the older style looks to bad (the C2/C5 cans)... ahhh

I have researched these to no end and I am tired of it, I want your input... Performance I guess is important, but I don't plan on becoming a racer any time soon, but I don't want to get anything cheap... I am sure no matter which one I get I'll be extremely happy, but I don't want to invest $450+ on something that could be just a little bit better ya know?

EDIT: I'll be ordering in the next week or to, I'll update with some pictures and hopefully a soundclip if I can figure out how to..
hey knoxville, i was in the same boat as u & thought that the 2 bros was the best & deepest sounding pipe but the quality of it aint too great i found out. compared to the akra the 2 bros is deeper but the quality is alot better. after a long search for the perfect pipe, i finally went with the leo vince s/o. this pipe is badass & has a deep growl plus the quality is waaay better than the 2 bros. My cuzin has a full akra on his kawi 636 & my leo s/o is deeper sounding than that so that gives u an idea. plus me leo was $360 compared to $420 for a 2 bros
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy45
Link here http://media.putfile.com/Oulton-Lap-b5mb to what the full system sounds like if that's any help?
Stupid Feds blocked that link too!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Does the Akrapovic come in more than one type of slip-on? Like race, evolution, etc? I know their full systems come in different types, what's the difference?

Will the slip-on sound anything like the race/evolution full system? Will it be much quieter or pretty similar?

Thanks for your replies so far guys - I guess I have narrowed it down to Akrapovic and Micron now - I like the sound of two brothers but I don't want to sacrifice performance for noise
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Well, I was reading through the Akrapovic website and it says their slip-on is around 92-98db - what do other exhausts read at decible wise.. this will make it a lot easier to compare it... The full race system runs around 98-102... What does the stock exhaust run at?? Thanks!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 12:03 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I would think that the noise figures on their website are a tad on the low side. Some tracks over here noise test on trackdays and there's no way a slip-on will come in under 98dB unless it's running their road legal baffle. Some standard pipes struggle to get 98dB too. My RR with full system came up as something like 105dB, bang on the limit for UK circuits.

Best place for info on Akrapovic can specs would be their website. For the full systems they do Race and Evolution versions. Dimensionally they are the same but they differ in construction - Race has steel pipework whilst Evolution is all titanium.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 01:45 PM

Quote:

I have an Akra slip on, on my 05. Sounds pretty titties to me.... I don't have a clip, but I can assure you that it sounds pretty damn healthy at an idle and screams like a sumbitch at the top end.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Yeah I am pretty sure I am going to go with the Akrapovic slip-on, but do they make more than one?? On their website they have a street-legal and an open, but when I check ridersinc.com and indysuperbikes they only have one option for an Akrapovic slip-on...
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah I am pretty sure I am going to go with the Akrapovic slip-on, but do they make more than one?? On their website they have a street-legal and an open, but when I check ridersinc.com and indysuperbikes they only have one option for an Akrapovic slip-on...
I ordered mine thru a local dealer and their distributer said they only got it one way, that was totally open. I think certian states might require the street legal baffle, but I'm unsure about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page