Jardine RT one owners / no p.c. - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jardine RT one owners / no p.c.

Hi Fella's , Iv'e just ordered the Jardine rt 1 race baffle for my 04 RR from Rider's Inc. I just would like to know if I should expect any ill affects from running this pipe without it having a p.c. with a custom map ? I guess my main concern would be if there is any abrupted on / off throttle response, fuel economy , etc. ? I do plan on adding a p.c. with a custom map for my bike when the cash is available. Oh yeah , can you notice the weight savings with this slip on ? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 03:33 PM

im running it with no pc.. to me, its just something that makes my bike louder and i love it. didnt notice the weight difference. no real ill effects except for the farting/pop sounds it makes when letting off at high rpms.. to stop it, remove the flatulencer.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 03:35 PM
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher

the weight diffrence you notice as soon as you take your stock one off and place in the new slip on. i dont think you will feel much while on the motorcycle (weight).
power wise if feels a little stronger, but i think it may be more of an illusion with the sound. you dont need custom map for a slip on..... maybe if you had a filter, custom map may be an advantage. just with a slip on alone.. you will be just fine.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 03:48 PM

the power gain is not a illusion. it is very real by opening up the pipe you allow it to breath better and you will make more power. no ill effects except i have heard that it can turn your tail light yellow. i didnt do this to mine but i have heard of it doing this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach_33
the power gain is not a illusion. it is very real by opening up the pipe you allow it to breath better and you will make more power. no ill effects except i have heard that it can turn your tail light yellow. i didnt do this to mine but i have heard of it doing this.
well compared to the sproket conversion.... i didnt feel much diffrence besides noise. i wish i could have dyno before and after.... that would have been ideal.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 04:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

ive got a 03 RR and a jardine CF race baffle on mine. i cant say ive noticed any performace gains/loss/problems because this is my first bike. everytings fine so far with 6k miles on the pipe
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

thanks a bunch guy's
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 11:46 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You won't truly feel the diff if you granny shift every gear at 3000 rpm like BlackIce . . . . . hahahaha, . . . but once your up in the happy zone 10, 11, 12,000 rpm's then you'll feel a different moto completely. . . . . .

Always passing Gixxer's on the outside ! ! ! . . . .

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BLACK ICE~
well compared to the sproket conversion.... i didnt feel much diffrence besides noise. i wish i could have dyno before and after.... that would have been ideal.
not tryin to pick on you ice but there is no horse power gain from a sprocket change. dont think that i dont know what you are talking about. i just ordered my 520 conversion and new sprockets and i cant wait to see how big of a difference it makes. but to even try and compare this with anyhorse power gain from any add on is not justified. with the sprocket change you are changing the gear ratio of the bike. huge difference
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 12:03 AM

For those whose taillight turned yellow, is there any way to clean it up and get rid of the yellowness of the light?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Super Mod Wanna-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhMeRGuY978
im running it with no pc.. to me, its just something that makes my bike louder and i love it. didnt notice the weight difference. no real ill effects except for the farting/pop sounds it makes when letting off at high rpms.. to stop it, remove the flatulencer.
It's ok to remove the flatulencer but be sure not to mess with the flux capaciter. Your bike will get really messed up if you do.

New England AWD - www.neawd.com~
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 12:21 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
not tryin to pick on you ice but there is no horse power gain from a sprocket change. dont think that i dont know what you are talking about. i just ordered my 520 conversion and new sprockets and i cant wait to see how big of a difference it makes. but to even try and compare this with anyhorse power gain from any add on is not justified. with the sprocket change you are changing the gear ratio of the bike. huge difference

He does know there's no gain in HP. He's referring to getting the dyno before and after the slip on install to see any and diff at all.

Always passing Gixxer's on the outside ! ! ! . . . .

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 09:50 AM

Quote:
i did not start to ride a moto yesterday ? hahahaha... the sprocket change give the moto more power where it needs it. OBVIOUSLY changing the gear diffrence!!! i was just comparing a diffrence in the motorcycle from the exhaust and sprocket. there is a much bigger diffrence changing a sprocket than just adding a slip on. i am not talking about HP... i am just talking about a change in how the motorcycle feels.

i hope you enjoy your 520 conversion.... tell me how much faster your lap times are with it ? lol

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BLACK ICE~
i did not start to ride a moto yesterday ? hahahaha... the sprocket change give the moto more power where it needs it. OBVIOUSLY changing the gear diffrence!!! i was just comparing a diffrence in the motorcycle from the exhaust and sprocket. there is a much bigger diffrence changing a sprocket than just adding a slip on. i am not talking about HP... i am just talking about a change in how the motorcycle feels.

i hope you enjoy your 520 conversion.... tell me how much faster your lap times are with it ? lol
lol i will let you know. especially when i get my stacks and a custom map
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Training Wheel Hero

here we go again with the flatulencer bs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page