Hp numbers for Leo V/Ackro - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hp numbers for Leo V/Ackro

Looking to get a full system to give me alittle extra pull in WERA C Superstock next year. I was looking at Ackropovich however I see that Leo Vince has payouts so I just wanted to get some HP number for each system. Any help/pictures would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Nathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Ducati Champion Del Mondo

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Slyder has a full Akra system and his dyno is posted in this thread.

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...5&page=1&pp=15

Hope that helps.
Jason

“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 01:19 PM
07 TRACK SLAG!

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
i have a full akro HRC evo system, with bmc filter, power comander, 6 hours dyno and a blue print, and i'm putting out between 123 and 126 bhp at the wheel

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul46rider
i have a full akro HRC evo system, with bmc filter, power comander, 6 hours dyno and a blue print, and i'm putting out between 123 and 126 bhp at the wheel
well.

max HP means nothing without a sweet curve. let's see a sheet bro....

123 whp is making me stain my pants right now.

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 01:31 PM
07 TRACK SLAG!

i haven't got a scanner mate the curved is sweet as you like, smooth power, and with the quick shifter it power wheelies like hell, the blue print make alot of difference, also the system is off of karl harris' (bss champs) factory bike, 62mm bore, had to wrap the headers so they dont melt the fairings.
Paul
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

well DAYM thats the good numbers. The Evo system will make the same HP has the normal race system its just lighter correct?
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 02:16 PM
07 TRACK SLAG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose
well DAYM thats the good numbers. The Evo system will make the same HP has the normal race system its just lighter correct?
no ithink the evo system will make more cos the material is thinned so the bore is bigger and formed with different techniques allowing better gas flow.
the evo system is the nuts!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 02:20 PM

those are some crazy numbers, ive never heard of a 600rr putting out such high numbers..you must have been one of the lucky ones to get one of those bikes that just put out more hp than others from the factory. i would love to see the dyno..get it up when you can. thanks.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 02:26 PM
07 TRACK SLAG!

thats the thing though the engine is'nt how it comes from the factory, its been blue printed. its when the engine is taken apart, cleaned, abit of polishing and put back together in acordance with the factory blue prints. engines from the factory always have tiny little asembly flaws. not anything you will ever notice, but putting together perfectly makes a difference, it is the first thing that is done to any race bike.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 03:28 PM

crazy...how much did that cost you?
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 03:33 PM
07 TRACK SLAG!

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 08:11 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK, first up, if you're looking at how much hp the Leo makes vs the Akra, those numbers above mean SFA. ( i can't believe I'm going into this again) and Visitor, how on earth do you think that would help anyone, it's a graph showing how much h.p the bike is putting out, NOT how much the system gave it vs stock.

I'd suggest that if Leo are paying money and Akra aren't, or you'll get your hands on the Leo money but not on the Akra for whatever other reason, then go the Leo, they make good numbers also. Forget people telling you "my bike makes this" seriously, it means absolutely NOTHING when talking about what you are talking about. Call some dyno shops around your area and see if they have done any before and afters on both systems and make your decision from that, but the Leo will be just as good, don't worry about it.

Also, they are the same system those Akras and Akra even say that on their site. Only difference is Ti and stainless. Both are hydro formed (seprent headers) just made form different materials. Have fun.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 04:02 AM
07 TRACK SLAG!

sorry mate that isn't correct a cbr600rr evo system ais based on factory racing kits and recomended for bikes that have had modified engines. the stainless system works best with stock engines

also someone was asking for figures so i'd thought i'd let them know mine. how am i gonna give someone akra vs leo figure, i haven't got both systems, i don't know someone who has, but if i tell my numbers then maybe another member with a leo system may leave theirs.

anyway so much for trying to help out
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 04:19 AM
World Superbike Racer

Pick the Leo, if only for the fact that they actually have a true presence in club racing here, and you'll be able to get better technical support or spares if you need them. The contingency payout is a bonus. I personally know the guy that heads Leo Vince USA, very upstanding guy, and they are very much involved in racing here. Can't say the same for Akrapovic.

And I echo birdman's comments on the pointlessness of dyno sheets in absence of baseline figures. And comparing dyno sheets between two bikes is just as pointless. Different dyno manufacturers, different dyno units, at different locations, at different ambient temps, testing different bikes? Not much to compare there.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Cool thanks for the help guys...I guess they are both good systems so I can't go wrong but the payout from Leo sways my vote enough. Does anyone have pictures of the differant cans? Carbon, Ti, Stainless? Thanks again guys.
-Nathan
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 06:53 AM
World Superbike Racer

Leo Vince Factory Slip-On, Ti.

I chose the slip-on because I still like to do Laguna Seca trackdays (noise restrictions) so I need to be able to swap in my stock exhaust easily. And, frankly, I'd be on crack if I really thought a full exhaust alone would give me anywhere near enough performance to do significantly better on raceday.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Superbike racer

What is their contingency? Credit toward their product? Unless you need another exhaust why bother? Personally I would just pick up the exhaust that you can get the best price on

CCS EX#100
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 07:45 AM

"And, frankly, I'd be on crack if I really thought a full exhaust alone would give me anywhere near enough performance to do significantly better on raceday."

well that would depend on how many places you lose down the straights during a race etc. If none, then you are correct, but you'd still improve your times, whether or not that counts for doing significantly better, that's up to you.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 07:48 AM

" i don't know someone who has, but if i tell my numbers then maybe another member with a leo system may leave theirs."

I wasn't trying to put you down mate sorry, but as quasi just said, still pointless someone posting a Leo chart on it's own in the same way. That is all I was saying.

But "sorry mate that isn't correct a cbr600rr evo system ais based on factory racing kits and recomended for bikes that have had modified engines. the stainless system works best with stock engines"

can you show me where it says that? Coz they've changed the wording on the site now, and before they did, it did say "same as the race system, in Titanium for decreased weight". I may be wrong.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 08:01 AM

From the Akra website:
Racing line:
The RACING line guarantees extreme high performance. The increase in power and torque is extreme, as is characteristic of Akrapovic exhaust systems. If you are a fan of pulling power at high revs, you will be delighted by the benefits of this exhaust system. This series has the special characteristic of having the power concentrated in the upper end of the rpm range, as is called for by the basic intent of the systems – their use on the racetrack, where the advantage is gained in the upper rpm range.

Funnily enough, that basically says that you'll lose bottom end due to the design of the system, giving you huge top end, however the Arata makes more up top, and makes h.p down low as well. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

and the Evo:
Some EVOLUTION line models can be attached to the stock fittings and require no additional modification to the bike, while certain models are developed on the basis of factory racing kits intended for custom racing bikes, and therefore do not fit onto the stock motorcycle. In order to gain the maximum advantage from these models, the EFI mapping may have to be reset or the carburetor may have to be re-jetted, and in certain cases some minor modifications to the exterior of the bike or the engine are required. Replacement parts for such modifications are available with the factory race kits.

With the purchase of an EVOLUTION line exhaust system, you will receive the same level of attention as the factory teams, as this line is developed by the same team of professionals, using the same development criteria and the same exhaust system potentials. The EVOLUTION line exhaust system is therefore a combination of experience gained through working with factory teams, top-notch quality, extremely high performance, and in most cases, the touch of class obtained with the use of state-of-the-art titanium. Now you too can experience it! We barely need to add the fact that weight is reduced to an absolute minimum. "

Basically says that it's Ti, and some systems (I'd suggest like Microns Race system for the 600RR) you need the HRC race kit to fit it on the bike, as the muffler sits straight but is too long to fit with the battery box under the seat like on the standard bike. Nothing about more h.p, only it's lighter, being made of Ti. Prove me wrong, and I probably am, but I rekon they are the same , one is Ti one is not, one you need the race farings and set up to house the system, but nothing to do with race engines, the Race system says it's for race bikes through the whole spiel. And if you have a look atthe product Catalog page, you'll see they do a street legal Evo system. Yeah, street legal bikes would have wildly modded engines huh? Haha

Last edited by Birdman; 05-06-2006 at 08:04 AM.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 08:01 AM
World Superbike Racer

I too distinctly recall the website in past as saying the only difference being in the header material (Ti vs. SS).
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 08:04 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna
What is their contingency?
Eligible Series, Classes and Payouts

Regional Series
AFM, CCS, CMRA, CRA, MRA, OMRRA, WERA, WMRRA, WSMC
LW, MW, HW and Open Superstock (or their equivalents) Expert and Novice (Amateurs)
1st-$75, 2nd-$50 and 3rd-$25.

National Series
ASRA/CCS National Series
Sportbike, Superbike and Unlimited Grand Prix Expert
1st-$150, 2nd-$100 and 3rd-$50

WERA National Challenge Series
600, 750 and Open Superstock Expert

WERA National Endurance Series
MW, HW Superstock and LW, MW, HW Superbike
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Thanks guys....I think the Leo is the way to go for me. I've become attached to the name :) I think I'm driving my roomie nuts as I run around the house in my Italian accent shouting "Misure LEO VINC'E" haha
-Nathan *6
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 06:54 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I agree (plus it's in print!) that the Akrapovic Evo and Race systems are the same dimensionally the difference being the materials used.

One thing to bear in mind is that if Paul's system came off one of the Honda UK/HRC bikes it may well be a higher spec system than the general public can get their mits on. But as Birdman has shown they only do 1 spec of full system with different material choices for mere mortals.

I know Micron systems needed the kit battery box but not the Akrapovics? my 05 Race system fitted without any modifications to the standard battery tray. I got dyno figures with it fitted but had no standard runs to compare it to, the bike went onto the track after only 300 miles and I didn't even consider getting standard power runs done. I do have comparison printouts for standard motor, Akrapovic system & PC3 against a full tuned motor though

For some other bikes (i.e. 99 R6) they produced a Race system for road use, an Evo for racing and a full titanium Evo for racers with too much money. The Race took the same can as their slip-on but the Evo's had the bigger 60mm linkpipe and can fitting.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 07:54 PM

Only the full Race spec Micron you need the battery box removed. And as i have also shown, the factory Akra systems (at least on the 05 R6 I tested it on) that you can't buy off the shelf and cost plenty, still don't beat the offthe shelf Arata. Enjoy.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 05:55 PM

Not sure about the power, but my leo vince sure does sound bitchin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page