To Arata full system owners and fans - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arrow To Arata full system owners and fans

Hello!
I'm a big admirer of this exhaust, not only for the looks but also for the performance. And last week i tried for the first time my Arata full system on my 2005cbr600rr, mapped with an arata full system map (not custom map). It's amazing the energy of the engine, specialy in mid and high rpm. It's very quick entering in the house of 250kph, it seems that the engine is always full and this caused you a great feeling making you enjoy more your ride (well, at less that's my case). But i have to admit that i was hopping get some more top speed. And the diference in this area is not much from the stock exhaust. Do you have the same experience? Shouldn't you get more 15 or 20 kph insted of 4or5kph? Why this happening?
All the information about this top speed question would be apreciated.
Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:04 AM

I would think top speed would have more to do with the gearing of your bike not the mapping. Regardless of the fuel/air combination you bike is still going to top out at the same place around 15k rpm in 6th gear. Your mapping is just going to get you there faster.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 12:27 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Top speed is entirely dependant on the gearing of the bike and the amount of power your bike produces at a certain engine speed (actually torque, but I'll not get too technical). A certain amount of power is required to overcome air resistance (which increases with the square of the bike's speed through the air), as well as ground friction and auxillary power requirements. Where in the rev range the power made by your bike equals the power requirements to accelerate your bike through a certain environment, those revs will be the most that your bike can get to (in, say, 6th gear) and will determine your top speed. Make sense?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:02 PM

let me sum that up lol. your exhaust has nothing to do with top speed. thats a gearing issue... google some pictures of GP bikes and look at their tiny rear sprockets for top speed
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:27 PM

Like I said...
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Knee Dragger

Nevermind, I just fully read raptors post and deleted mine as he had already said it... If that makes any sense.

"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?...Why am I the only one that has that dream?"

Last edited by cmulford; 05-15-2006 at 01:51 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 09:06 PM

Not quite true, If his map is out the bike won't make the power it shouldbe making as early in the rpm, or might not be hitting the higher speeds due to not enough fuel etc. Impossible to say it's JUST GEARING without seeing an air/fuel chart. I can tell you right now that regardless of what gearing he has on that bike, if it's running at 14.5:1 above 10000rpm, he ain't hitting any great top speeds. LOL
To me, it's his mapping, as he says it gets going much quicker now, hence, he should have a higher top speed sooner. That he doesn't, unless he's hitting the rev limiter and running out of rpm, says to me that the fueling is wrong. Why you'd fork out the $'s for that system and a PC and not get it custom mapped is beyond me, but anyway, have fun
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Arrow

The point is that i only go get a custom map after i decide if i will go for a change in my gearing first. I have stock gearing and i'm considering to change to 15f and 45r. THen i will go get a customized map.
The question is if you have more 10hp with a pc3 mapped with a similar injection map, shouldn't you get more top speed? The correct combination of fuel/air and horsepower shouldn't make you go a little faster.
Do you guys have changed you transmission system? how do you do to hold on the top speed .
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dude i have HRC ECU with AI it has 3 different engine maps just like the RC211V uses, the ECU automatically adjusts how much fuel to air you need for power or economy just flip the switch, it makes 200hp with ram air in MEGA wheelie mode, will get a 7speed close ratio gearbox from HRC soon as well as a forged titanium race crank with different firing order & has cams to match, it will sound like a drone rather than a screamer.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OveRReV
dude i have HRC ECU with AI it has 3 different engine maps just like the RC211V uses, the ECU automatically adjusts how much fuel to air you need for power or economy just flip the switch, it makes 200hp with ram air in MEGA wheelie mode, will get a 7speed close ratio gearbox from HRC soon as well as a forged titanium race crank with different firing order & has cams to match, it will sound like a drone rather than a screamer.
Is that the Filipines HRC ECU version or the China version?....haha
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Is that the Filipines HRC ECU version or the China version?....haha
it's the Philippine HRC ECU version, we just took a regular HRC ECU & made some improvements like adding 3 engine maps & a switch to select the maps & 1trillion GB processor, soon we will be coming out with an ECU with full human interface where the ECU will be connected to the human brain via the spinal cord, you'll just need to go under surgery to plant the terminals to the spinal cord where the plug from the ECU will attach to.

added features will be wireless throttle, autoblip & downshift function, programmable upshifting & electronic suspension technology so chatter will be a thing of the past. we still leave the braking to you though. :D

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:03 PM

"The point is that i only go get a custom map after i decide if i will go for a change in my gearing first"

why? Hahaa
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:22 AM
Monkey works will work for you :)

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Do all you want to the powerplant, until you change the gearing you will not gain any TOP SPEED, just how fast you get there. Oh, and also, going from stock gearing to 15-45 will take a significant amount of top speed away. You need to go smaller in the rear to gain any top speed. Again we are only talking about top speed, not acceleration.

05 600RR-Track
06 1000RR-Street
98 CR250
04 CRF80-Wifes Pit Bike

www.monkeyworkscycles.com

Phone Orders 1-888-62CYCLE (29253)

Customer Service 1-386-322-3530

[email protected]

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Because as you know, birdman, the arata full system is alot of $$$ and for now the rest of money i have for improving the bike gives me the possibility to buy a kit for transmission or to visit a dynocenter and custom map my bike. The price of each one is practicaly the same. For now i have to make an option here.
What would you do birdman, if you have a bike with the specs like mine and want to have more top speed and more acceleration (is this possible, because until now they same like "oposite forces" to me)? Buying another bike is not an option! By the way I have done a few track days and have frquented one advanced sportbike conduccion school. And what i like more when i ride is to dragged my knee on the ground (this doesn't meane i don't like top speed too).
So birdman, "from the land downunder where women blow"... and like said ac/dc "hell ain't a bad place to be", give me some tips.
Thanks for any sugestion you may have.

Here are the specs:

Cbr600rr2005 European model
Front and Rear Sag achieved
arata full system
pcIIIusb
BMC airfilter
DB zerogravity
Gilles rearsets
Power race medium F/R
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Moto GP Racer

you want more acceleration add more teeth to the rear or take away 1 at the front sprocket & get a close ratio tranny, more topspeed? get cams, porting, remap & raise the revlimiter to 16500rpm.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page