Any ATV riders out there? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any ATV riders out there?

I am new to this forum but not to the RR comunnity(been over at cbrforum). Anyways i am in the market for a slip-on and wanted a good sounding one. I know i could search but it won't answer my question .

Here it is, is there any ATV riders out there that ride a 4 stroke and can compare any of the exhausts on here to there Noise wise? Some complain about like the HMF but i think it is hands down the best pipe and perfect sound. Many complain of it being to loud. From what i have seen the D&D might be the same.

Just looking for input, appreciate any feedback.
HighRevver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 06:57 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 893
Images: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn, it's kinda hard to compare... I have a FMF on my 450r, and i think it's about right noise wise, and I have a yoshimura on my RR and I think it's about right level of loudness... Sounds like you like louder pipes to me.
TippinRR is offline  
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:38 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my pro circuit t4 exhaust on my predator sounds like a dnd sorta... it has that low rumble. but my four wheeler is also jetted an has maxx flow racing intake on it.
ridetilidie is offline  
 
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:44 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
got the same pipe on my 400ex. the pro circuit that is. i just love the sound of it. i know that the d&d offers something a lot others cant in the looks department. never heard one though, i sure would like to.
Spoony is offline  
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:53 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i had a DMC alien full dual system on my 400ex (true duals. 2 exhaust ports) and let me tell you it was like a whole new machine
potate311 is offline  
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 10:25 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 273
Images: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i also have a DMC Alien on my rappy and it is nice , loud but not to load to have everyone callin the cops , i have a Jardine RT-1 on my RR and love it... I have a web site some were , that has sound clips if that will help??
let me know
aaron
aarons600rr is offline  
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's what i am saying i like loud, but without sacrificing a good sound. Cause there is no point in being loud if it doesn't keep its good sound.

The HMF is nice and throaty and deep, i don't necessarily want to mimic that sound on my RR i just want my pipe to be the eqivilant in loudness compared to it's compitition.

Like when you hear Quad riders compare loudness alot will say is it so and so loud or HMF loud(cause it's near the very top 103-105db's). Which is the pipe for RR's that someone will compare other to for loudness?
HighRevver is offline  
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 11:54 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you cant compare the RR and a quad for sound. you get a good pipe on your RR and you will have it sounding like an F1 car at higher RPMs. getting one just for its loudness will have you deemed a squid and is not how to shop for exhausts.
potate311 is offline  
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LoL that's exactly what i was saying i DIDN'T want. I am saying I like how the HMF for ATV's keeps it at the top for loudness over other brands and still keeps the best sound. So what brand on a RR is the loudest WHILE STILL holding a good sound.

See what i mean i am not looking for the same sound, just the dominate brand. Is it D&D?
HighRevver is offline  
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:12 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well thats what im saying. usually the best for performance arent necessarily the most obnoxiously loud. Arata is one of the best if not THE best for performance and quality, but isnt usually on the list of the loudest... this is a good thing. you choose obnoxious and lower quality, or high quality, high performance, not as loud..... seems to be the way it goes anyway

so.... dominant brand for what?

performance and quality (arata)

loudness and lower quality (D&D)

Last edited by potate311; 05-17-2006 at 12:15 AM.
potate311 is offline  
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Your probably a yoshi fan huh? And that isn't true with all of the brands. It may be a different industry but the HMF(for example) is the second highest output in power and either the first or second loudest. And frankly the best sounding by far. What others complain as obnoxious may be good sound to another. Just like on a two stroke i like Toomeys cause FMF's are garbage sound quality and in performance.
HighRevver is offline  
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The power the bike puts out stock is enough for me, i just want it to sound and look better. I certainly don't want to lose power but gaining 1 or 2more hp on a slip-on doesn't bother me a bit it's about fit&finish and sound right now.

So your saying D&D is poor quality like manufacturing? If your saying this cause your biast i don't want to hear it but if you can actually prove that it is crap such as bad welds and what not i will appreciate the info.

Not trying to start a flame war or anything just trying to get some healthy feedback.
HighRevver is offline  
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:15 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
are you asking me if im a yoshi fan? right after i said arata was the best and said nothing about yoshi lol? very experienced dyno operators ive talked to wouldnt use a yoshi as a paperweight. and yes it is a VERY different market. im talkin about the RR and you are talkin about 4 wheelers still... the difference is night and day. let me just say this (again)... FOR THE RR, it seems to be that the loudest arent usually the best performing and the best performing arent usually the loudest. a company like arata engineers their product for performance and the sound is a side effect. a company like D&D seems like they engineer their product for sound and the performance (if any) is a side effect.

i didnt say D&D was necessarily "bad".. just not as good as Arata. Arata's build quality and fit and finish is VERY high

Last edited by potate311; 05-17-2006 at 01:26 AM.
potate311 is offline  
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No i am not talking about 4wheelers still, I am using it as an example. Because you cannot comprehend what I'm trying to explain to you.
HighRevver is offline  
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:27 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRevver
No i am not talking about 4wheelers still, I am using it as an example. Because you cannot comprehend what I'm trying to explain to you.
how are you not still talking about it if you are using it as an "example" lol

haha how about you cant comprehend what im saying to you. basically choosing a pipe just for the sound is stupid... ive heard some of them even losing HP over stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potate311
a company like arata engineers their product for performance and the sound is a side effect. a company like D&D seems like they engineer their product for sound and the performance (if any) is a side effect.

Last edited by potate311; 05-17-2006 at 01:31 AM.
potate311 is offline  
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRevver
The power the bike puts out stock is enough for me, i just want it to sound and look better. I certainly don't want to lose power but gaining 1 or 2more hp on a slip-on doesn't bother me a bit it's about fit&finish and sound right now.
I quoted myself so you could see your wrong, as to how you claim i want sound at the cost of performance. Give up............
HighRevver is offline  
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:44 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HAHAHA you just proved yourself you want sound over performance!!!!! AAAAAHAHAHA if you cant read that... it says "its all about SOUND.... right now" and basically "HP doesnt matter but a few would be nice." hahaha what a dumbass. man you are gettin off to a great start here. haha. aww im sorry..... run along now
potate311 is offline  
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You fuckin blind? It CLEARLY says "I certainly DO NOT want to lose power" but i am not worried if one pipe gives 1-2more horses than the other. I want the fit, finish, and sound to be there. Because with any of those pipes power increase will come regardless. So you are a dumbass obviously, stop trying to make an argument out of facts that aren't there.
HighRevver is offline  
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:04 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRevver
You fuckin blind? It CLEARLY says "I certainly DO NOT want to lose power" but i am not worried if one pipe gives 1-2more horses than the other. I want the fit, finish, and sound to be there. Because with any of those pipes power increase will come regardless. So you are a dumbass obviously, stop trying to make an argument out of facts that aren't there.
actually it says the stock amount of power is plenty for you and that you arent worried about power and more worried about sound.... so stop trying to turn it around now that you've been called out

and (like ive said repeatedly) power increase WILL NOT necessarily come regardless.

anyway, im done trying to talk some sense into you so just go buy your yoshi or D&D and be like the obnoxious posers who know nothing (i see it all the time because sadly i ride with some). and you probably will slap a slip on on there and not even map it and think you are done lol. then you can rev it up at stop lights and be cool. you should have gotten a suzuki... i hear those are awesome
potate311 is offline  
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A yosh and D&D nice comparison noob. God damn you are one arrogant POS. So you say you ride with posers.....why because you can't ride for **** so you need to ride with horrible ones to make yourself feel good? I can do this all night, you were corrected and now you have blatantly made a complete ass of yourself and still point the finger at me. Are you partially retarded or something? Did i mistakenly run into the forum retard who sits on here more then he rides? If that's the case then give me someone who can understand and process the english language.
HighRevver is offline  
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:14 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRevver
A yosh and D&D nice comparison noob. God damn you are one arrogant POS. So you say you ride with posers.....why because you can't ride for **** so you need to ride with horrible ones to make yourself feel good? I can do this all night, you were corrected and now you have blatantly made a complete ass of yourself and still point the finger at me. Are you partially retarded or something? Did i mistakenly run into the forum retard who sits on here more then he rides? If that's the case then give me someone who can understand and process the english language.
yeah... actually thats a VERY nice comparison lol. like i said, go get a suzuki.

no... actually im in a small town and ride with whoever i can.

when you explain to me how saying basically "idc about power and i just want sound" somehow now means "i want power and sound is nice too" then maybe ill understand... lol. but im the one who doesnt understand english hahaha
potate311 is offline  
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh and btw this is a dyno if you didn't know noob. It shows that the d&d puts out 5+hp down low and 3 up top. So once AGAIN your were wrong by saying i would lose power if all i wanted was sound. Now please STFU and go cry in the corner.
HighRevver is offline  
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:19 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA first of all i never said the D&D specifically wouldnt add power.. i said "ive heard of SOME..." if you can read.

second, if you think that a D&D slipon gives 5 hp you REALLY need to leave now... that suzuki looking better and better for you huh. hahaha. do you wear sandals and shorts while riding too?

and if im a noob here with over a thousand posts what does that make you with 6? lol

OOOOOOOOO i remember now... you said you were from .com. that explains A LOT!

and id like to know how im "wrong again" when you are the only one chasing your words around in circles haha. this is so funny

Last edited by potate311; 05-17-2006 at 02:22 AM.
potate311 is offline  
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for proving my point on how you judge peoples knowledge and experience by posts on an Internet forum. You are a complete dumbass, i bow to thee post master.

Your such a lame ****, wow thanks for ending this one for me. I'll just chalk up another one in the wins column.

And the Dyno from D&D says it not me. And yes you did say that if I went for D&D i would lose power, but your sorry ass edited your previous posts. So i wouldn't prove you to be any more of an ass then you already have accomplished for yourself.
HighRevver is offline  
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:27 AM
Monkey works will work for you :)
 
RowskisRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,679
Images: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
This whole thread sucks. There is more than enough info on this site to research and make an educated decision about which exhaust you buy. Who cares which exhaust you want, buy what you like and use it, all that matters is that its what you like. I have a Yoshi full and love it, some say they are crap, I really dont care because with all the miles I have clocked and all the track days I have done I still dont even come close to riding my bike to its full potential. Therefore, it does not really matter which exhaust I have!

05 600RR-Track
06 1000RR-Street
98 CR250
04 CRF80-Wifes Pit Bike

www.monkeyworkscycles.com

Phone Orders 1-888-62CYCLE (29253)

Customer Service 1-386-322-3530

[email protected]

RowskisRR is offline  
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:29 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRevver
Thanks for proving my point on how you judge peoples knowledge and experience by posts on an Internet forum. You are a complete dumbass, i bow to thee post master.

Your such a lame ****, wow thanks for ending this one for me. I'll just chalk up another one in the wins column.

And the Dyno from D&D says it not me. And yes you did say that if I went for D&D i would lose power, but your sorry ass edited your previous posts. So i wouldn't prove you to be any more of an ass then you already have accomplished for yourself.
you had a point that i judge people's knowledge by internet forum posts? i must have missed that one. just using that as a guideline to say how long ive been here... therefore how long ive been riding.. but that involves some logical reasoning and deduction which i can see you dont have and cant do.

yeah, according to you, when proven wrong in an argument and when you have to go chase your words around and rephrase everthing because someone completely called you out and made you sound like a dumbass, that means a win.... so you probably DO have a lot of those haha

and you said it yourself. D&D SAID THAT. Honda also says the RR has 135 HP. do you think D&D is gonna give you the highest possible number they can? umm yes.

anything else you want to rephrase so i can AGAIN eradicate it?
potate311 is offline  
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thank you RowskisRR that's the type of answer i was looking for.
HighRevver is offline  
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So because you registered on a forum before i did it suddenly makes you a knowledge bank? So if i go register on a pilot forum and say i am a pilot does that suddenly make me the best pilot ever? Cause i went on a public free forum?
HighRevver is offline  
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm not the one editing my posts so i can lie and try to cover my stupidity, point proven...Discussion over.
HighRevver is offline  
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:36 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,322
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow i hate stupid people.

like i said, just using that as a timeline. if you were on that forum for a year with thousands of knowledgable posts then yes it would mean something.
potate311 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome