M4 Slip-On and 09 - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
M4 Slip-On and 09

I didn't realize how difficult it was to find pics and feedback of an M4 Slip-On for a 600rr. So, for those who are interested/curious about this slip-on, I hope this helps you make a decision.

I've had my 600rr for a year and a half or so now... and I've really taken my time deciding which slip-on I wanted to go with. I felt a Yoshi was a solid choice, especially for the price point... but I wanted something a little different than what most people had so I held off. I also looked at Akrapovich, but I couldn't justify spending that much on an exhaust when I could use that $ toward other modifications (tires/warmers/suspension) for the track.

While I was at the track last month, I saw someone with an M4 on their Suzuki. I started doing the research and realized that many of the current race teams are using/praising M4. I had good vibes from the videos and reviews I read and checked on the price. Then I went to Dynojet's website, and was happy to see that they had a map for that slip-on on their website.

Decided to go for it from Sportbike Trackgear and paired it with a KandN Race Air Filter. I'm located in TX. I placed my order for the filter and the exhaust around lunch time on Wednesday. I received the air filter on Thursday and the Exhaust on Friday. Lucky for me, M4 is in Dallas, TX, So I received the order quickly enough to make it a Fri Night project.

Packaging on the M4 was flawless. Packed tightly in the box, the midpipe and silencer are both wrapped in bubble wrap. The silencer has an additional "kraft paper-like" wrap around it to further protect the CF finish, and they put your name and order # on the side of the box. It's pretty legit, makes you feel like it was made just for you, :)

Installation was a breeze. No hiccups. Never had a moment where something didn't feel like it fit right. Every piece in that box felt like very high quality, even down to the mounting brackets and hardware. Got it mounted, switched out the stock air filter with the KandN Race... and downloaded the PC map from dynojet's website. The only question I have, that I haven't figured out yet... (going to call dynojet tom) is... do I add the fuel table values of 9 because i have an IRC installed with my power commander... I decided to add the values... put the bike back together.. turned it on... and WOW...

IMO... I can't see how anyone could be disappointed with this product. It's Awesome... As for the sound... it's a bit louder than stock when you start revving it, but not annoyingly loud... It's got a deep, crisp tone...

Cosmetically - I think it forms well to the contour of the bike. I left the exhaust shield that goes under the passenger seat off so the entire silencer is visible... looks really good. It doesn't really extend past the end of the tail either.

Performance - I'll have it on the track next weekend so I don't really know yet... but i went through the first 3 gears and there's certainly a performance gain... i'm sure the air filter has something to do with it... but the throttle response is much more crisp.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this mod/purchase. I hope this helps you guys out that are taking your time deciding on an exhaust system... If there's interest i'll do a follow-up post after i get it on the track next weekend...

Cheers,

Starfish

09 Black
PCV + IRC
CRG Levers
M4 CF Slip-On
Motion Pro Throttle
Goodridge SS Lines
AMSOIL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150315_132348.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	150625   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150315_132410.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	150633   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150315_132350.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	150641   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150315_132254.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	150649  
The Following User Says Thank You to DirtyStarfish31 For This Useful Post:
mran556 (03-15-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 11:40 PM
Maynard

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I like the m4. And the aesthetics look awesome with the 600rr

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 11:58 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Damn Im not a fan of how much the hanger sticks out the metal part of it anyway. Damn that exhaust looks great tho. How visible is your Integrated tail light if you have one?

Ill be adding this to my list!

2007 Cbr600rr Black

[SIZE=1]Tripage IT and Plate Bracket, TST Turn Signals, GB Case Covers, Captive Rear Spacers, Driven 520 -1 +2 steel sprocket kit, Spiegler Steel Brake Lines, Front Fork Revalve, Stomp Grips, Speedodrd, Dunlop Q3's, HRC Rear Brake Res, Woocraft Frame sliders, Shorty levers, 90 Degree Valve Stems, EK 520 Black/Gold Chain, Tekarbon Chain Guard, Engine Swap, Brembo RCS, Evotech Front Brake Res, SBS Sintered Race pads, Healtech Quick Shifter, Vortex Rearsets, and Trackdays!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

No integrated tail light . More of a trackbike.. then a street bike.. thx gents
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 12:48 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I wish they made the Carbon can for the 08'.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
09 slipon should fit 08.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 04:28 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
that looks really nice! I love Akra, but this is probably a close 2nd after seeing this and reading your review!

2007 Honda CBR600RR White
Stolen - Recovered - Still totaled out https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=473281
Part-out / Garage cleaning for sale thread https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...isc-parts.html
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingChance View Post
09 slipon should fit 08.

I'll have to call M4 themselves because my local shop said it wouldn't work for some reason. Hopefully it does!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Just spoke to M4 and they said the carbon will not fit the 08 and they have no plan to make one that does
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page