Join Date: Apr 2006
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arata slip on install - Help needed
O.K. So heres my situation (bike is an 06). I tore the bike down to install the new exhaust but ran into some problems and I was hoping you all could help.
I was able to remove the rear tail section without problems but then I ran into some....
1) Got just about all of it apart then realized a large hex head was needed, what size is the hex wrench I need to get to do this?
2) Since I didnt have the large hex wrench I never got the heat shield off, how does the factory mid pipe attach to the header and will I need additional tools to remove it?
3) Where are all the factory exhaust mounts? It seemed like I was missing something, does anyone have a microfische of this?
4) Is the exhaust shield that is over the factory exhaust/muffler (not the one on the side, I'm getting to that in a sec) re-used?
5) Does anyone have any experience with getting rid of the mid pipe heat shield, ie.. does it get real hot on your leg? How does it look with and without the heat shield?
6) The bottom of the Arata mid pipe looks like it just slides onto the header and does not bolt up at all or have any type of springs, I bought some high temp RTV sealant, is that all there is to do, just slide it on after applying the sealant?
7) It looked like the tolerances of the factory pipe were pretty tight and looked to be a pain to remove, do you have to drop the headers to get the factory exhaust out?
Sorrry for all the questions and I appreciate any help I can get on this....