got ur ideas, now wat think about this? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
got ur ideas, now wat think about this?

Ok gathering all your guys's info and reading a few other forums, im thinkin about this. Ok i read one forum and people gettin full exhaust is not entirely worth especially the yoshi, slip ons do abou the same correct? So i think i want to go with the Akropovic slip and mid pipe, then a k&N, and the 520 gear change. (15 front, 45 rear) so does this sound like a good setup? Will i be able to wheelie down the freeway with this setup, i can almost now, the bike just needs a lil' more oomph, cuz the front can get up but not all they way, doesnt have the power.
last thing, i was told by a few people at work, that i will HAVE to have a power commander other it will screw my valves up or something like that, is this true? Cuz a commander will dip out of my chrome fund (wheels, swingarm, frame and lots of little things) so thx in advance to all your help. I need something to leave people sayin, "it is ONLY a 600, but its sick as hell!!" thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
youll be able to pick it up with -1 in front, hell the kid i bough mine from used to throw it up stock.

most cats are gonna say skip the K&N cause it dont do nothing. id get the slip on, do the 520 conversion, forget the mid pipe and filter and buy a PCIII and get it custom mapped.

that will have you doing dan near anything you want.

And no, you dont have to have a PC, there and plenty of us on here running around with slip on and no PC, my bike did 20+k miles with just a slip on and i think its still flying up and down NNVA right now.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 12:27 AM
Knee Dragger

You dont NEED the PCIII, it will definetely help and you can custom map it for your bike exactly. But i got the Yoshi s/o without the PCIII, i plan on getting it but its not needed. I think the easiest way to be wheeling up the freeway is go -1 in the front, i spoke to my guy at the shop and he said the 520 conversion is not really worth it unless your going to be using it for the racetrack, you wont feel the diffrence driving round town.... leave it with the 525 chain and just change the front sprocket, just be aware this changes the accuracy of your speedo and your gas mileage.... hope that helps....

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

ok sweet, is there any way to fix the speedo issue? I was always told that bigger sprocket more low end power, perhaps for a wheelie maybe?? Well im a pretty big guy so that is prolly the issue with the stock gearing or stock setup. im like 6'3, 240 so im pretty big thats why i think i have the prob with the wheelie, cuz my friend is smaller than me had no problem ridin wheelie for 2 miles but but i couldnt get the front up enough. By the way what do u guys recommend for shaving off weight on the bike?? Well lets say i went bigger with the sprocket how big can i go without having to get a longer chain?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 02:06 AM
World Superbike Racer

you should be able to wheelie in its stock form. i used too and im a fatty. just clutch that badboy up.

"You motorboating son-of-a-bitch!"
http://www.myspace.com/thegovernor
http://www.teamosg.com
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 02:30 AM

wheelie shave nothing to do with your size and weight and everything to do with if you can and how well you can wheelie. Game over.

Also, "I was always told that bigger sprocket more low end power".......... changing sprockets will notg give you more power. They will cause the bike to accelerate faster giving that impression but they don't make your bike produce more power.

"By the way what do u guys recommend for shaving off weight on the bike?? "

eat less. LOL
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:48 AM

....when do you need to put a pcIII in. what if you go full exhaust and v-stacks, is it
recommended then?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Pocketbike Racer

I put a two bro's slip-on on then the power commander then it was coming up even when I wasn't trying to bring it up. In my opinion, the power commander really helped.

2005 CBR600RR Black/Tribal
Two Brother's Exhaust
K&N Air Filter
Illumiglo Reverse Gauges
Flush Mount Front Turn Signals
Fenda Elima
Intergrated Tail Light/Turn Signals
Power Commander III
Custom Painted Windscreen
Eurodezigns Head Lights
Carbon Mirrors/Clutch/Brake Handles
Crap-load of decals
Gear
Icon Battlecry Helmet
Scorpion EXO Helmet
Icon Neo Daytona Hero Jacket Black
Icon TIMAX Mesh Jacket Black
www.myspace.com/kingfire30
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:28 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06'teRRible
ok sweet, is there any way to fix the speedo issue? I was always told that bigger sprocket more low end power, perhaps for a wheelie maybe?? Well im a pretty big guy so that is prolly the issue with the stock gearing or stock setup. im like 6'3, 240 so im pretty big thats why i think i have the prob with the wheelie, cuz my friend is smaller than me had no problem ridin wheelie for 2 miles but but i couldnt get the front up enough. By the way what do u guys recommend for shaving off weight on the bike?? Well lets say i went bigger with the sprocket how big can i go without having to get a longer chain?
Yea they make a speedo healer for that, which is supposed to fix the problem with the speedometer.... as far as weight goes, these bikes are light as they are, shaving off more weight will be expensive, no offense but like your better off trying to lose some weight....
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

ok i get what you guys are saying, but cluthcing it up is gay, and I KNOW the bike will do it quite well, btu thats in like 1st and 2nd i need to do them in first. And im not here to bash on people, but birdman, c'mon dude. do you honestly think your the smartest man or something? what is low end power? maybe its taking the bikes already power and making it more useful in the low end? where do you get it gives the bike more power? anyways thanks for your guys help
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 02:55 PM

dude you dont even know what a PC is and youre questioning the pros here.........come on man.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 07:16 PM

"I was always told that bigger sprocket more low end power, "

"what is low end power?"

Hahaha mate, whatever it is, by making it MORE, means the same thing. And what i said still holds true, it does not give it MORE power. ANYWHERE.

No I don't think I'm smart, I KNOW! Hahaha (kidding)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Knee Dragger

EAt less fatty and you'll be able to wheelie. I weight 160 and she goes up no problem STOCK.

2005 Honda 600RR
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:59 PM

My mate used to weigh 150kg's (around 300lbs) and he could wheelie. Like I said, it's about if you know what the hell you're doing or not. Obviously he don't. LOL
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Super Mod Wanna-be

Does anyone else smell troll here? I mean come on!!!

Chrome fund? 2 mile wheelies? Busting out wheelies down the highway? Shaving off weight but chroming everything? He's clearly playing off being a stupid newb but he knows what vstacks are? He only has 6 posts and he's ragging on birdman for being a know-it-all?

I smell...................

New England AWD - www.neawd.com~

Last edited by TOMIMOTO; 06-01-2006 at 02:50 AM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:44 AM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMIMOTO
Does anyone else smell troll here? I mean come on!!!

Chrome fund? 2 mile wheelies? Busting out wheelies down the highway? Shaving off weight but chroming everything? He's clearly playing off being a stupid newb but he knows what vstacks are? He only has 6 posts and he's ragging on birdman for being a know-it-all?

I smell...................

thats true dude.
it all adds up.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page