Arata Full Exhaust ??? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Arata Full Exhaust ???

Something pierced my oil pan so now I'm replacing it. To do to it I have to remove the headers. Since I am already removing the header, I thought now would be a good time to get a full system. I read many good things about arata. I was looking at the full titanium system in matt black.

A questions for anyone who has seen or has these systems:
1. Does the system come with header gaskets? or will I have to purchase those from a dealer?

2. Does the system come with a place to hook up the stock o2 sensor? or will I have to use some kind of resistor kit.

3. Does the system allow the use of the original heat shield? or will heat tape be need to be purchased?

4. Is the arata logo name plate removable? I want a cleaner look and was just wondering if there was a way to remove the name plate...

5. Where can I obtain a service manual for an 06 cbr600rr? I've searched about everywhere, and I've only found one site that has them on backorder.

Finally, if anyone has any suggestions on any other full system that is as good as the arata, please share. I have a current order for other items (s/a spools, pitbull stand, sliders) from MRI. If anyone from there can chime in and let me know if they will be matching the $200-off sale that Arata has been advertising, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

ой
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
the arata is a very nice system, fit and finish is very impressive.

1. no gaskets, buy em yourself ahead of time
2. the '03-04 systems do not have a spot for the sensors, i doubt the '05-06 does.
3. it does not have the built-in bolt points like the stocker does. if you don't where nylon/polyester style pants, you're fine without heat tape.
4. the name plate is riveted to the can, not easily removable without leaving holes.
5. you could buy it from a dealer or hunt online for a downloadable version (tho not legal)

only other full systems i would think have the same quality would be Akrapovic or that new AG Hammer Hamaguchi system

HOOORRRAAAYYYY FOR BOOOOOTTIEES!!!

BALALALALALA OMG TERRORIST!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 01:44 PM
C.A.H.N founder / President

Here's what I did to the plate on the side.

I got my mid done black also. Here's what t looks like.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Blue Blur
Thanks for the info... good things to know. I might want to do research on that hamaguchi.

I wonder if anyone can tell me what I would need to purchase to make sure the computer doesn't
trip out because there's no 02 sensor attached. I know on the arata's site, the mention something about and a/f boss attachement that costs another $100. I wonder if that is the same thing as the 02 sensor?
Wish I knew more about this.

CBR LS/1
Wow, your bike looks amazing! I'm loving the black swingarm, black rear sets, pipe, etc... What exactly
did you do to the can and plate? And also the mid-pipe coloring? Are those all powder-coated or high-temp
painted? Is it possible to powder-coat a full titanium system like the arata? Whatever you did, it looks 10 times
better. Some more details on what you and where you did it would be great.

So no luck the service manual yet.

Can someone from MRI let me know about price matching for the arata full system? and maybe shed some
light on the whole 02 sensor, a/f boss thing?

Also, if anyone has had experience with the hamaguchi system, please share... I would like to know what you
think about the fit and finish, performance, pros/cons... compared to the arata or other full systems.

Thanks.

ой
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 04:50 PM

i think it's a plug that basically blocks off the o2 sensors. should be available from others aside from Arata.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 06:37 PM

very nice looking bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR/LS1
Here's what I did to the plate on the side.

I got my mid done black also. Here's what t looks like.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 08:27 PM

"2. the '03-04 systems do not have a spot for the sensors, i doubt the '05-06 does."

That is not true, ALL Arata systems are available with or without the 02 sensor bung. See here:

http://www.aratausa.com/html/Technology/afsensor.htm

And no, I am yet to see a system that is as well made and makes more power than the Arata. Stick with that
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 10:52 PM

ah, my bad. i didn't pay attention to it as i don't have a Cali bike. thanks for the clarification Birdy

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

hey birdman,

So have you had any experience with the hamaguchi? It seems that both the hamaguchi and the arata make good power. I've heard both of them. What do you think about the two in comparison? Just an opinion of mine: I like how the hamaguchi looks a little better, and if the two are pretty comparable in performance, I may go hamaguchi. If the arata has way more potential in performance than the hamaguchi then arata it is... Also, you seem to be very knowledgeable... what can you recommend in v-stacks, air filters, or anything else I can install on the bike while I have it completely stripped? I am already going to get a pcIII. Thanks in advance for any advice.

ой
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 03:42 AM

The only air filter I'd recommend is DNA, which you can't get inthe US as far as I know. Ask one of the site sponsors to see if they can get you one etc.
Like I said, the Hama makes good power, but not the power the Arata makes, so it depends on what you want. The box Arata I think fits the bike perfectly, but each to their own. If you want the hama, get it. But personally, you can't go past the Arata for quality and performance. Hope this helps.

Other than that, I'd get the system mapped and look at suspension before throwing money at minimal gains etc. You'll ride heaps better with a well set up bike that you will with 2 more h.p from Velocity stacks, but that's me.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 04:00 AM

Thanks guys for the compliments on the bike. I can't respond to PM's from my phone so I had to wait till I get to a computer. PM's sent. Think it's BOTM material?
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 04:03 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR/LS1
Think it's BOTM material?
a very big.... YES!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPS808
a very big.... YES!!!!!!
Thanks Slaps. I kinda want a better back ground in the pic before I go for BOTM so as soon as I get one it will be submitted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page