Full system for a 2009. Alternatives? Giannelli? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Full system for a 2009. Alternatives? Giannelli?

I'm gathering parts and tools to rebuild my 2009 track bike that I crashed (in a spectacular way ) at Barber last year. Amongst other things, my cheapo Yoshio slip-on got dented up and I'm looking for something new. I would prefer a full system, as this is a track only bike, but I can't find much out there now. I don't want to spend a lot as I need lotsa other things too... Akrapovic is either sold out or expensive, depending on where I check. The Yoshimura is affordable, but won't fit with my Armour race fairings, and they are very heavy anyway. Giannelli have a system for $850.. do anybody have experience with these? I know they are a sister brand of Arrow, but they are half price, so I'm a little skeptical. Do anybody have experience with Giannelli? What other systems are available for a decent price? Must not be terribly loud nor heavy!

2009 CBR600RR Trackbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Looks like they are more of a scooter exhaust company, but their sportbike stuff looks fine if not unremarkable. The full system they have is steel, so it will weigh the same as the Yosh. Seems fine. Look for used Leo Vince systems as well, that's good stuff.

Alternatively, you can get the MJS headers and mate with any slip on to make a full system of your choice: CBR 07-2014 600RR Race Header - MJS Performance LLC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FightingChance For This Useful Post:
norskarkansas (07-13-2015)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I just looked at the MJS modified OEM headers. That might be a good solution. There's a huge selection of slip-ons. I could buy a couple of stainless tubing bends and weld in a new replacement for the collector without the cat and flapper valve. I'm waiting for the UPS truck to drop off my new TIG welder in a few days. I have to weld up new rear-set mounts on the frame too.

2009 CBR600RR Trackbike

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 04:58 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I understand you said inexpensive but this seems like a pretty good value for a Titanium full system. Ladybird out of Japan. I've had cans from them before. Very good quality and unbelievable light. This full system looks exactly like the Arata system I just picked up. Arata stateside is $2k. This is much less. Probably from the same source. It's an option if you want to save a lot of weight and get a full system.

CBR600RR 07 12 Ladybird Titanium Full Exhaust System with HRC Type Box Muffler | eBay
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PdubRR For This Useful Post:
norskarkansas (07-13-2015)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Never heard about Ladybird, but a full Ti system for $1399 is a great value. Shipping from Japan is only $89... Very interesting!

2009 CBR600RR Trackbike
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 06:18 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can look them up on Ebay. They've been around for quite some time. Ladybird is the brand but I think it's made by someone else there in Japan that's also sold under a couple different names. Arata is one. That 600RR system looks exactly like the Erion (by Arata) I just picked up. Like I said amazing quality. They were/are very popular in the RC30 and RC51 community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page