Almost fainted in dealership today - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Almost fainted in dealership today

I thought i would be a **** today and mess with the dealership. I puchased my 06 600rr from there not too long ago and got it for 8600 out the door, which for around here and not haveing to travel wasnt too bad. So, i went in today to talk to them about a pipe and pcIII. I told him I wanted a 2bros M5 carbon slip-on and the pcIII and that i wanted his best price. He comes back and we talk a little bit, long story short, I got the pipe for 430 and the pcIII for 270. I about fell over, I hadnt planned to buy them from the dealership but when he came back with that i was like order it. They are not even going to charge shippping which amazed me further. Maybe the guy was drunk or something, just surprised me that a dealership would ever sell stuff as cheap or cheaper than you can buy from online sources.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Moto GP Racer

sounds like a decent dealership...cool
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 07:19 PM

A lot of dealerships now match internet prices. If you can show them the website with the price listed they usually match it especially if you bought the bike from them or a regular customer.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 07:22 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by erw43
sounds like a decent dealership...cool
decent+dealership= oximoron

2001 Audi s4
1985 Audi 5000s
04 cbr 600rr
04 CBR 600RR Repsol Replica <---has a new owner!

RIP: Cesario
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Moto GP Racer

Mine tells me that every time I go there but have yet to do so...They always tell me sorry I can't beat that or even match that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzan247
A lot of dealerships now match internet prices. If you can show them the website with the price listed they usually match it especially if you bought the bike from them or a regular customer.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 09:19 PM

while it's great and all to buy stuff online, it's all too easy to just open a website and sell stuff for $50 on cost, I mean, what does it cost you to do it? Not much. The dealership ain't about ripping you off in most cases, but being able to pay the guys in the shop, the guys out back who work on your bike, and feed their family as well. In saying that, if they didn't try and at least get close to what stock online goes for, they ain't gonna be there long anyway. Many suppliers here though won't supply you stock unless you have a shop front. If you just run an online store, you don't get jack.

Glad you're happy though.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 11:28 PM

+1 with birdman

dealerships aren't bad. they have MUCH higher costs than online shops. i've worked with dealers and i know the costs they have and their margins (let me tell you, they suck) but they aren't there to rip you off. some of them have incompetent staff. but so do most places (retail, anywhere).

i mostly go through dealers for just about everything. only my rearsets i have bought online cos i can't find them under $600 here.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 04:57 AM
Moto GP Racer

sounds like a winner. my local dealership hook us up pretty good. but we buy alot of parts there.... and they are also one of our (HQ) sponsors.

it's nice to have dealerships out there that are still decent places to shop.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 05:11 AM

wish i could say that about hawaii
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Pocketbike Racer

There is NO GOOD dealerships here in Florida. All assholes

Squids
Use
Zero brains
Under
Krappy
Intelligence
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 09:08 AM
Moto GP Racer

When you buy stuff online, it's not a computer you are ordering from, it's always another dealership or store on the other side. They have people work there too that are trying to feed themselves and probably a family too. Yet they can still usually create a cheaper price even after shipping cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
while it's great and all to buy stuff online, it's all too easy to just open a website and sell stuff for $50 on cost, I mean, what does it cost you to do it? Not much. The dealership ain't about ripping you off in most cases, but being able to pay the guys in the shop, the guys out back who work on your bike, and feed their family as well. In saying that, if they didn't try and at least get close to what stock online goes for, they ain't gonna be there long anyway. Many suppliers here though won't supply you stock unless you have a shop front. If you just run an online store, you don't get jack.

Glad you're happy though.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 08:52 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by envirocbr
There is NO GOOD dealerships here in Florida. All assholes

.........thats funny............You dont like palm beach cylces or greater???..........Not suprised
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 09:01 PM

"When you buy stuff online, it's not a computer you are ordering from, it's always another dealership or store on the other side"

Is it? So it would cost the same to employ one or two people to sit at a keyboard at home all day, than it would to buy/rent shop space, have stock, bike stock, on floor plans mostly that are charged interest etc. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'm not saying there shouldn't be net stores etc, and that they are not trying to feed people also, but to say that dealerships are a rip off coz they are more expensive is just silly. They have way more expense in being there for you when things go to shite and need them fixed. When was the last time someone had warranty work done on their bike from an online shopping basket? Haha
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Moto GP Racer

You're local dealer may be selling stuff online, and probably at a better price online than if you walk in to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
"When you buy stuff online, it's not a computer you are ordering from, it's always another dealership or store on the other side"

Is it? So it would cost the same to employ one or two people to sit at a keyboard at home all day, than it would to buy/rent shop space, have stock, bike stock, on floor plans mostly that are charged interest etc. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'm not saying there shouldn't be net stores etc, and that they are not trying to feed people also, but to say that dealerships are a rip off coz they are more expensive is just silly. They have way more expense in being there for you when things go to shite and need them fixed. When was the last time someone had warranty work done on their bike from an online shopping basket? Haha
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Moto GP Racer

you also can't walk into an online store and take stuff home with you. they stock parts as a convenience to you. you pay more for convenience. ever wonder why a 20oz bottle of pop is the same price as a giant 2 liter? cuz it's more convenient.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Moto GP Racer

Some things are stocked....How about Nick at MRI? I think the stuff I ordered he didn't have in stock...but I am sure they stock some stuff....and I am sure you can walk in and buy some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceph
you also can't walk into an online store and take stuff home with you. they stock parts as a convenience to you. you pay more for convenience. ever wonder why a 20oz bottle of pop is the same price as a giant 2 liter? cuz it's more convenient.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Moto GP Racer

i'm sure there are alot of online stores that don't order it til you do. i know of a place to order sprockets, that just has Vortex ship them to your house. everything you want, may not always just be sitting on a shelf somewhere. i have to order alot of my parts thru the dealer. unless the stock a complete RR for spare parts for me (not gonna happen), your gonna have to wait for some things.

i just like to actually know the person i'm ordering from, sitting across the counter and ltalking face to face with them.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Moto GP Racer

I understand that, I ordered a car part from PA and they ordered it from a place in AZ and that place is sending it directly to me. I know what you mean about face to face, but my dealership rarely goes below list price.

I would love to buy from my dealer...I have bought a few things in the past but they are unwilling to move on prices...When I needed an oil cooler, they told me $180, I said I can't pay that. I can get it at www.servicehonda.com for $120...in fact that website says that the list price is $164. Most of the guys at my dealership are nice to talk and always tell me they will try to beat an online price or other persons price, but have failed to every single time.

They wanted $450 to install Meteler M3's on my bike...I got it done for $302.75.

Quote:
i'm sure there are alot of online stores that don't order it til you do. i know of a place to order sprockets, that just has Vortex ship them to your house. everything you want, may not always just be sitting on a shelf somewhere. i have to order alot of my parts thru the dealer. unless the stock a complete RR for spare parts for me (not gonna happen), your gonna have to wait for some things.

i just like to actually know the person i'm ordering from, sitting across the counter and ltalking face to face with them.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erw43
I understand that, I ordered a car part from PA and they ordered it from a place in AZ and that place is sending it directly to me. I know what you mean about face to face, but my dealership rarely goes below list price.

I would love to buy from my dealer...I have bought a few things in the past but they are unwilling to move on prices...When I needed an oil cooler, they told me $180, I said I can't pay that. I can get it at www.servicehonda.com for $120...in fact that website says that the list price is $164. Most of the guys at my dealership are nice to talk and always tell me they will try to beat an online price or other persons price, but have failed to every single time.

They wanted $450 to install Meteler M3's on my bike...I got it done for $302.75.
those are Stealerships, unfortunetely there are still places out there like that. and i still do alot of price research before i order anything, no matter where i get it.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Moto GP Racer

+1, unfortunetely I live in the middle of no where...the only bike shop within 30 miles of me is a stealership. I really wish I had a good dealership here that I can get to know the guys and give business to a local guy.

Quote:
those are Stealerships, unfortunetely there are still places out there like that. and i still do alot of price research before i order anything, no matter where i get it.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiHonda
I thought i would be a **** today and mess with the dealership. I puchased my 06 600rr from there not too long ago and got it for 8600 out the door, which for around here and not haveing to travel wasnt too bad. So, i went in today to talk to them about a pipe and pcIII. I told him I wanted a 2bros M5 carbon slip-on and the pcIII and that i wanted his best price. He comes back and we talk a little bit, long story short, I got the pipe for 430 and the pcIII for 270. I about fell over, I hadnt planned to buy them from the dealership but when he came back with that i was like order it. They are not even going to charge shippping which amazed me further. Maybe the guy was drunk or something, just surprised me that a dealership would ever sell stuff as cheap or cheaper than you can buy from online sources.
How did you get 8600 out the door?? I paid cash for mine and still went for 9000 out the door, maybe where you live it's cheaper....hopefully or I got screwed!!
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

I paid cash for mine aswell. I told them thats what i was going to pay, they first came back and said the best they could do was, 9200 out the door, i told them if they wanted to sale the bike today i wasnt going over 8600 or i would go somewhere else and get it for 8600. They finally broke down and sold it for what i wanted. MSRP was 8999 just like everywhere else
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
TexasRR, wtf is that girl doing to the Banana.
man thats fuctup.
im deployed and wont see my girl for another 5 months maybe, and you have her fukin with me everyday.
El fuker

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Moto GP Racer

it doesn't look like she has a gag reflex....I would say she's practicing her skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad
man thats fuctup.
im deployed and wont see my girl for another 5 months maybe, and you have her fukin with me everyday.
El fuker
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad
man thats fuctup.
El fuker
That was my plan all along......to give you guys somethin more than just bikes! Gotta love it man.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 09:18 PM

I'd ride that before my 600RR ANY day, Haha

The girl, not the Banana.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
^ lol, thanks for the clarification Birdman, cause you know it was coming if you didnt.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page