Fuel Level Float - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Fuel Level Float

How can fix the fuel level float , it seems like it is stuck or something ,cause my fuel gauge always show full..
Do i need to actually take apart the gas tank to fix it ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well you can look down inside and see if it's stuck once your fuel level drops.

What year is your bike?

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 08:21 PM
Pocketbike Racer

I can't offer much, but I have a 2005 always reads full. Searched here and found some discussions. If you don't want to read all that basically: sending unit is integral to the pump $$$. Some resolution was found by checking related wiring harness plugs. More advanced troubleshooting was touched on i.e. wiring test & resistance tests of the sending unit.

Mine still reads full...

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 08:11 AM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
"integral" in this case means it's wired into the pump assembly in series with the pump. But there's actually only 2 screws holding the sensor on top. You may find a used one and swap it out.

But if it were my bike I would replace the fuel pump, strainer, and screen while I had the assembly out.

If you decide to pull the fuel pump out replace the base gasket. It's probably pretty old and crusty. Get a few new o-rings and crush washers for the fuel lines. There's no sense in not replacing these parts as they're cheap insurance against a fire.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the sensor itself can be fixed. You might see if wibbly might know more but I think it's just rheostat sitting on top.

You can double check your 3 PIN connector under the tank.

Last edited by NewRedRider; 11-16-2017 at 08:16 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

2007 cbr 600rr

I've actually gotten a hold of it and un-fastened it , now it always shows empty even when there is gas in the tank
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider View Post
"integral" in this case means it's wired into the pump assembly in series with the pump. But there's actually only 2 screws holding the sensor on top. You may find a used one and swap it out.

But if it were my bike I would replace the fuel pump, strainer, and screen while I had the assembly out.

If you decide to pull the fuel pump out replace the base gasket. It's probably pretty old and crusty. Get a few new o-rings and crush washers for the fuel lines. There's no sense in not replacing these parts as they're cheap insurance against a fire.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the sensor itself can be fixed. You might see if wibbly might know more but I think it's just rheostat sitting on top.

You can double check your 3 PIN connector under the tank.

Yeah i think am gonna just buy a used fuel pump when i can. and replace it .. here is my question, if i buy a used fuel pump off ebay. do they normally come with the base gasket you are referring to or do i have to buy it separate ??
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 05:35 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXHennessy View Post
Yeah i think am gonna just buy a used fuel pump when i can. and replace it .. here is my question, if i buy a used fuel pump off ebay. do they normally come with the base gasket you are referring to or do i have to buy it separate ??
Whether it comes with one or not, it'll still be as old as yours.

But let me be clear, I'd recommend you buy a new Kemso pump. They're made in Japan and come with a 2 year warranty. It'll come with a new screen and strainer as well as a wiring. Mine runs at a slightly higher PSI(55) then the stock pump so make sure you clean your pressure regulator by soaking it in a parts wash or acetone.

Your pump assembly is different from my 04' so you may not be able to separate the pressure regulator.

In the meantime, PM @wibbly and ask him how to use a multimeter to verify the fuel sensor once you have it out.

What did you disconnect? You're fuel sensor is in series with the fuel pump. The only wiring is the PIN connector under the tank. The fuel pump won't run.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page