Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

08 CBR600RR HP build

8K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  gbilya1028 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I have ordered the following for my Honda and curious if anyone here has a similar build and/or if anyone here can point me to a base tune i can run after installation and prior to getting the bike to the dyno.
MJS Performance header without O2
TOCE exhaust
Servo eliminator
O2 eliminator
Graves block off plates
BMC Race filter
PCV.
Renthal Superlightweight 520 sprockets
A SWEET REVZILLA sticker!!! haha

I contacted dynojet but no answer for a couple days now. Anyone who has done similar builds in past is welcome to share their experience. Also would i be able to run the stock tune for 100 miles to the dyno if i installed all of these things and ran the bike?

#4 ·
it will not freak out. the computer doesn't know if the pair valve is there or not, so that one is irrelevant. if you put an o2 emulator in then the ecu won't know about the o2, and if you put a servo eliminator in it wont know about the servo. even if you just unplug the servo all you'll get is a code. it won't make the bike run differently.

what you're doing isn't exactly extreme. you can probably ride it forever without a tune at all, though getting a dyno tune is always a good idea.

#6 ·
if you hook up the PCV and power it on, it does nothing? you have to do the calibrations, and you have to upload the tune? it's not a magical box.

an air filter and a cat delete, with a slip on exhaust isn't going to bother the bike at all.

you didn't touch the engine in any way shape or form. had you changed the engine in any way (cams or cam timing, head porting, compression ratio, etc) then you'd want to tune it on a dyno to make sure it's all good.

all you've done is changed a pipe on the exhaust and put an airfilter in. no big deal.

#9 ·
If i don't i'll tell my tuner he needs to close down his shop. Also i don't know if you forgot but 520 conversion with chromoly steel sprockets will eliminate some of my loss to the wheels. And i no i am not cheating with +1/-1. I have stock gearing. Anyways, I will post dyno images on here within a month so post your bets!!! Closest number wins my stock sprocket set which is almost brand new since the bike only has 6k miles on it.

#15 ·
Which doesn’t mean crap. You can make any dyno give any reading you want it to, it’s a mouse click away. Unless a dyno is fully calibrated every time and the environmental constants are exactly the same you’ll have variance.

The only thing that matters is before and after.

And a true 115 rwhp on a Toce slip on? Yup, sure you are. Nice fantasy world you live in. I’d put money on the fact it’s the same or lower than a stock bike would be.

#22 · (Edited)
I'm sure i'll get a bunch of "his dyno needs calibration" or "my friend is the CEO of dynojet and that's impossible". cool story bruh!
Nope, never said that.

Honestly that just proves your ignorance on dynos and engine tuning in general; there are far more companies than DynoJet out there. And I said my friend who is an electrical engineer, designs the controllers so I guess reading comprehension is hard for you as well.

And glad you found a reason not to post your dyno results :)

Cool story, though.

Keep trying, though, buddy, keep trying.

#23 ·
I’m in for the dyno sheet, I’m curious now after reading all the back and forth comments.

#24 ·

Please watch this and tell me i'm crazy. There are many other dynos of the 08 CBR600RR with 103-105 WHP stock. I have lighter chain and sprockets, full exhaust and less restrictive air filter with PCV custom tune.
Dyno appointment is this coming saturday. I hope i make 115 or i will have to send out apologies.....hehehe.

#25 ·
Your air filter won't buy you an appreciable amount of horsepower. Neither will your exhaust.

What you're doing usually nets around 108 wheel. Many many people have done exactly what you're doing, why do you refuse to hear them?

The 600rr doesn't give up a lot of horsepower with little bolt ons.

If you want 115 you'll need cams and higher compression.

#26 ·
a plugged air filter will be restrictive. A good clean one on a stock proper sport bike won't really. Its just so big. Hell, its twice the size of some car filters on cars that make 140 or more on a 2.0 4 cylinder.

I'd be glad to see a big gain, but I suspect it won't be.

I'd also do a few comparison pulls as well, not just dyno runs.

find a nearby long flat road that has few if any side roads leading to it. do some 2nd gear pulls from 4k to redline. do a few. If you can get any sort of datalogging like Torque or something you can setup time and RPM. Thereby you will know exactly how long each pull takes. do 3 pulls each way and average each direction.

Then do after pulls in the same way, same weather conditions.

Reactions: tary preisser
#27 ·
OP, I wouldn't worry much about numbers?

Whatever it dyno's at, you'll have a bike you can't really ride to the point where "I need more XXX" is needed, without getting to the edge of death here in USA.

When "hp build" is done, you can lighten bike, and work on suspension.

Watch IOM TT vids on youtube to learn more....

Best of luck, and happy riding!

#32 ·
My guess is he made so much horsepower he shot himself into orbit and hasn’t came back yet.

Or we were all right and he doesn’t want to face us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.