HRC Igniton fitted????? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question HRC Igniton fitted?????

Hi

I have just fitted a HRC ECU (ignition) and wiring loom (harness) to my Race bike, which is an 04 600rr.

I have been told that it will allow the bike to rev higher. ie instead of revving to 15500 rpm it will now rev to 17500 rpm, and realise more brake horse power.

My question is: Will the rev light still come on at 15500 rpm or will it come on at 17500rpm?

Also i take it that the rev limiter will now work at 17500 rpm? I talso take it that the light is part of the rev limiter?

This may all be a bit bone (stupid) to some people, but there are still those of us who are learning.

Thanks for your time and answer in advance

airtimebill

www.kakaracing.com

If i have spelt things wrong and used bad English, then i am sorry for putting you through it. But i am here about the bikes and racing..............

One life !!!!!!!!!!!

Live it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 08:35 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I did a little research on the HRC ecu and I remember reading that they did not recommend getting it unless you had done work to the internals of your bikes. The stock 15k redline is there for a reason. Not blowing up your engine.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 09:22 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macon663
I did a little research on the HRC ecu and I remember reading that they did not recommend getting it unless you had done work to the internals of your bikes. The stock 15k redline is there for a reason. Not blowing up your engine.
Trust me when i tell you there's nothing else Bill can do to his bike. Thats why he's just got the ECU. Bills bike has close to i think about 9780BHP so he decided he wanted a little more.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 04:12 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I've got the HRC ECU set-up on my 05RR - was told it gave another 500rpm.

The standard shift light still comes on at it's original set position which i seem to remember being 15,000 rpm? but the new bit is the instrument warning lights - Hi beam, neutral light, L&R indicators etc also work as shift lights and come on roughly 500 rpm higher than the Rev light. I go off these for shifting and have tape over the Rev light to stop it distracting me.

I recently got hold of the HRC software just for a look (you need an expensive HRC lead to connect PC to the loom) as I was hoping you could maybe stagger the lights coming on but it appears not. There is a pdf file explaining how to use the software but it's written in Japanese English and doesn't make much sense at all - there is a small section on changing the settign for the shift light but I can't even find the bit which covers actual rev-limits. It's a while since I've ridden my RR but I'm certain the rev-limit and rev-lights don't operate at the same rpms. Off dyno graph's mine's still revving at 16,000 but the power peaks at 15k, that's with cams etc - the standard bike peaked at 14K so for me the extra revs work in conjunction with cam timing etc to give the gains.

I just run the HRC ECU etc for the default extra 500 rpms and still adjust fuelling with a PC3.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 04:42 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

damn, 130 hp to the rear wheel. Very noice.

Your grade was 46 (from 0 to 100), A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society. Your score indicates that you are a pathetic example of incredible stupidity who shouldn't be let out of the house unsupervised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatajourney View Post
oops. I think I may be partially retarded.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

One thing i've just found at the back of the manual is that if you connect the loom to the LH switchgear the 'both the ignition and fuel injection cut-off system is operated for 16 cycles'.

In other words a Supersport legal quickshifter, though in BSS they let you use gearshaft operated ones for 2007.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thanks Troy,

i kinda figured that is what would happen. the light coming on but the bike still revs. However didnt know that the other lights now become your shift light. thats cool. I think ill tape up the rev light as not to distract me, which is what i thought was going to happen.

So i take it the rev Limiter will still work just at higher revs. even though the lights on at 15k.

thanks again

airtimebill

www.kakaracing.com

If i have spelt things wrong and used bad English, then i am sorry for putting you through it. But i am here about the bikes and racing..............

One life !!!!!!!!!!!

Live it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page