Header question (please read) - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arrow Header question

Ok. I know this has been discussed before but I haven't been able to find info on this specific question.

I have an Akrapovic carbon/ti slip on. I was trying to find a way to just get headers without selling my system & getting a full system.

I found that two companies sell the headers separately- Jardine and Arrow. I was looking at the Arrow website and noticed that when buying the full system for our bike, you have to order the pieces (headers, midpipe, and exhaust) separately anyway. Also, it says their midpipe will fit either the stock headers or their headers.

So, I figure, if their midpipe will fit both the stock headers, and their headers... and my Akra midpipe fits the stock headers, then by default, shouldn't my Akra midpipe fit the Arrow headers?

Does my reasoning make sense? Has anybody tried this?

I figure if this works, it will be a great option for people who already have slip-ons and wanna upgrade to a full system.

Last edited by dc7rr; 02-01-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:16 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Theoretically yes.............but honestly you wont know until you bolt it all up. Have you called Akra to see if you can just get headers from them?

First make an "S".............for snake, uh.................I mean.............dragon. Then a more different "S".
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyan66
Theoretically yes.............but honestly you wont know until you bolt it all up. Have you called Akra to see if you can just get headers from them?
I went on Akra's website but could not find a phone number for them. I did call a few shops & they all said Akra does not sell headers separately.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 02:46 PM

I'd like to know myself too.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
buy the Jardine and try it, if it doesnt work, you have plenty of people with jardine slip ons to sell it to.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad
buy the Jardine and try it, if it doesnt work, you have plenty of people with jardine slip ons to sell it to.
That's a good idea. Thanks.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 05:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Let me know, I would be interested in that as well. I wanted to get just headers for my Arata, and they wanted like $1200 or something crazy! When the full system is less than that + the price of a slip on!

Oh, and with the Arata, the slip on rear section, and the full system rear sections are different pieces. So you cant put a slip on on the aftermarket headers, it's a different pipe from the headers to the can.

They would exchange it for me and let me keep my can, and get everything I needed, but it was soo expensive, for not a lot of gain.

So it may be the same way with Akra. They design a slip on version, then full out how they get the best power by changing the headers and rear section.

So, it may also be the same way with Jardine. They may have different rear pipes depending on which you buy. I thought the same thing you did and though "This is perfect!!" And called them, and they told me what I am explaining here.

Last edited by mikespike2; 02-02-2007 at 05:58 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespike2
Let me know, I would be interested in that as well. I wanted to get just headers for my Arata, and they wanted like $1200 or something crazy! When the full system is less than that + the price of a slip on!

Oh, and with the Arata, the slip on rear section, and the full system rear sections are different pieces. So you cant put a slip on on the aftermarket headers, it's a different pipe from the headers to the can.

They would exchange it for me and let me keep my can, and get everything I needed, but it was soo expensive, for not a lot of gain.

So it may be the same way with Akra. They design a slip on version, then full out how they get the best power by changing the headers and rear section.

So, it may also be the same way with Jardine. They may have different rear pipes depending on which you buy. I thought the same thing you did and though "This is perfect!!" And called them, and they told me what I am explaining here.
The reason I am kinda optimistic about the Arrow headers is that when you buy the Arrow "full" system, you are just ordering their headers, midpipe, and exhaust at the same time. They don't have a full system per se, you just get each piece they offer and change all of it. So if you wanted to get their slip-on, you would just order their mid-pipe and their exhaust.

So I figure if their midpipe and exhaust fit the stock headers, then my Akra midpipe and exhaust, which are on my stock headers, should fit the Arrow headers.

I'm also gonna call Jardine on Monday to see what they say. But I'll probably just order the Arrow headers and try it out.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 04:35 AM

hey dc7rr

so which one did u go for ? Jardine or Arrow ?

I am thinking to get a header, too. cuz the s/o i got they dont make full system, so have to find a header that fits my s/o.
does anyone know if the arrow is going to fit ?

heres the pic of the exhaust that i got.

Last edited by lililii; 03-01-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page