Race Baffels? - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Race Baffels?

Ok my roomate has a 2005 Yamaha R1. He bought some race baffel kit with the repack kit. Well he replaced his stock baffels with the race baffels and his stock exhaust now sounds awsome. Has anyone ever heard of this for the 600rr? I would like to keep the stock exhaust just for the best fitment part haha...but I would just like a little bit more sound out of it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 10:53 PM

You could just gut the muffler, and you would get a similar sound. - All audio, prolly no gains.
Or if you have the skill and a welder, you could open up the can, and weld a pipe in place of the muffler, making it a straight pipe, with a nice cover to avoid police detection, until they whip out the db meter. - Could see some gains with this, but only if you remap.
And theres always an aftermarket exhaust, but it doesn't seem like you want to go that way.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

wouldnt that just sound like a dirtbike then haha if you guted it out..... The item number on ebay to what he has is.. 160085010334 and is amazing I thought it would be some junky cheap crap but suprised me big time....

Last edited by blake8847; 02-12-2007 at 11:18 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
blake
edited your thread no ebay links allowed just item numbers

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 01:01 PM

Race Baffles

My brother-in-law bought these. They sound decent. To install it you have to grind the spot welds off your muffler, gut the baffles out, weld in the perforated tube and pack it with glass. I can definately see these freeing up some power. Probably as much power as a regular S/O if you map for it. I'm not a big fan, though. One of the biggest reasons for a slip on to me is for looks and sound.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiZmAc
My brother-in-law bought these. They sound decent. To install it you have to grind the spot welds off your muffler, gut the baffles out, weld in the perforated tube and pack it with glass. I can definately see these freeing up some power. Probably as much power as a regular S/O if you map for it. I'm not a big fan, though. One of the biggest reasons for a slip on to me is for looks and sound.
Your brother and law bought them for what? his R1??? I can't find them for the 600rr....
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 04:27 AM

If your ripping open the can already, just weld in a straight pipe. If you want less sound, drill holes throughout the pipe before you weld it in, and pack the muffler. Make sure to paint or coat all bare metal to prevent rusting.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 05:20 AM

Yeah it was for his R1. And don't weld in a straight pipe. You need some sort of baffle. A straight pipe will give you crappy fuelling/scavenging and result in huge holes in your power delivery. Aside from being stupid loud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page