carb/charcol canister - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
carb/charcol canister

does anyone know how to properly remove the canister to make or turn a CA bike into a 49stater... kinda hard to explain but its that canister that sits at the bottom by the rear wheel and i heard if done properly you can get just a little bit more power out of it. I had this done on my last bike but never knew how to do it. I dont know if its safe to do so for emissions but if i can get alittle bit more power out of it safely than ill do it. Does it do any harm to the engine or do you have to re route the vaccum lines or put in a filter some where.. i dont know but i kinda wanna do it but if its not possible or too complicated down the rode than forget about it. thanks agian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:41 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It doesnt make any power differences, only throttle response. There should be a how to somewhere on here i think.

First make an "S".............for snake, uh.................I mean.............dragon. Then a more different "S".
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

thanks ive been searching and still contiinue to search ....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

try typin "removing canister" in the search bar. found a few topics pertaining to removing the canister. may do it this weekend

"Mi SCUSI"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 01:50 AM

I removed mine.. it is very easy. take off your lower fairings. Then gram a 12mm(i think)maybe 13mm wrench and take off the two bolts on each side of it that attach it to the bike.. that is 4 total bolts... two on each side.. can't miss them. then there will be two hoses connected to it. I cut them off with a razor blade because pulling really hard doesn't seem to work that well. Then I cleaned up, and you may want to make a little bracket of some kind to bolt your lowers to each other, as they originally bolt to the carb can , or just leave it. they won;t fall off as long as you bolt the rest of the lowers back on properly. Some people say to plug one of the hoses.. I didn't plug either of them and the bike runs exactly the same as before.. just 4.5 pounds lighter. It's been that way for 800 miles. I woulnd't worry about plugging them at all.. So to sum it all up.. just rip that bitch out and toss it in the garBAGE!

Peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page