Race fuel and map question - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Question Race fuel and map question

Right then. So i'm gunna start using race fuel in my race bike but heres the catch. I cant afford to use it all the time. So i'm gunna just use pump fuel for the practise then use the race fuel just for the races. So heres the question. I'm gunna get a custom map soon, so do i map it to pump fuel cause thats what i will mostly use as practise is all day saturday. Or do i map it to the race fuel. What are the pros and cons of doing that. If i map it to pump fuel and just add the race fuel for the races will that make much difference. Or if i map it to race fuel will it run like poo for the practise's. Any help would be great as i'm clueless in this area ( as like all other area's)

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My .02, get mapped for race gas. When I switched to U4 I had 2 maps made, a U4 and a pump gas. The U4 was good for 4 more hp. I think (I am not an expert) you will be running a little rich on the pump gas which is not real bad. Also, if you are planning on running U4, you may want to wait until the new U4.1 comes out and get the map done w/ that fuel. Not sure when the new fuel is comming out, but it is.

Mototire, Arata full system, PCIII, Stomp Grip, DID ERV3, Michelin, Racers Edge, Goodrich lines, Run Gp, Veserah, Vortex rear set w/ GP shift, Vortex fairing stay, clipons, & sprockets, Woodcraft case covers & frame sliders, GPR stabilizer, R-R Racing subframe, Speedcell SS race battery, Elka shock, Cheetah body work.
#57 CCS SW
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 01:09 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think U4.1 is already out. It's suppose to be da bomb - a bit more power, but much less harmful shiat (no need to drain tank after each use).

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrvat2 View Post
I think U4.1 is already out. It's suppose to be da bomb - a bit more power, but much less harmful shiat (no need to drain tank after each use).
Well that's good to hear..The old U4 was a valve killer!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Knee Dragger

Tony like the man said

why not get 2 maps and change it at the track side using your lap top. then the bike will be perfect what ever you run.

just remember how to turn it on or youll look a ****!!

airtimebill

www.kakaracing.com

If i have spelt things wrong and used bad English, then i am sorry for putting you through it. But i am here about the bikes and racing..............

One life !!!!!!!!!!!

Live it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page