06 600RR yoshi R5 slip on PCIII Map - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 600RR yoshi R5 slip on PCIII Map

Well, I just picked my bike up from getting a custom map. I found some interesting things out when I was there.

My bike is an 06 600RR with a Yoshi R5 Carbon Cone slip on with a BMC air filter and a PCIII USB.

The Dyno Run with the Jardine slip on map = -25HP, When compaired to the stock map WTF, The Leo map was better but still bad. I would strongly suggest that NO-One with a R5 slip on and a high flow air filter run those maps. I couldnt believe it, until I saw it with my own eyes.

The Custom map gave me an extra 2.5+HP though the lower range, between 1 and 2hp in the mid range, and 3hp in the high end. The stock map had me just over 100HP. The Jardine Map was just over 77HP.

I'm at work now, but I'll post the map up when I get home in a few hours.

Last edited by Sherpah23; 03-09-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 06:20 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
whoa, i guess no power commandie for me
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 06:57 PM

WTF mate? what did the dyno tuner have to say about it?

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

The dyno tuner said that the Jardine slip on map was running way to f'ing rich through the whole range, especially at 60 to 90% throttle. There was a power drop of 20+ HP at 60% throttle with the Jardine map.

I have a Yoshi pipe, and I followed the advise of others and ran the Jardine or Leo map until I could get a custom one. That was a bad idea. The stock map does alot better than either of those with my setup. I knew that it was running rich due to it shooting flames out of the pipe if I got on the throttle and let off quickly.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,722 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have the same bike, slip-on, air filter and PC3. Here is the numbers before and after the tune. The before is with the Jardine S/O map. It wasn't that bad at all, ran great. Runs a HELL of a lot better now that it's tuned obviously. Each bike is going to react differently but your's seems to be the extreme.

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Professional smart @ss

i guess i pissed away $800 on a pc3 and yoshi slip on. bummer

-07 600rr (sold)
-06 600rr (sold)
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

I posted the wrong map. Sorry about that. This one only has between 90% 100% throttle tuned. I'm away from my laptop and my bike at the moment, I'll post the full one tomorrow morning.

Well, here you go as promissed. A copy of my custom map. This was done by Red Racing in Boca Raton FL. Great Guys over there, they are a harley shop, but they tune all types of bikes. Bob is the dyno man. He maps all types of bikes, and does it well - they have the new Dyno 250 dynojet, and the prices are great. (you can get a good custom map for 160 to 200). You can tell that Bob likes what he does. I paid up front and he refunded me 40 bucks when I picked the bike up.

(he said yeah, we are even honest with Honda riders).

I called before I stopped by to pickup the bike and they said that I would be impressed. ( I think everyone in the shop looked at the difference between that jardine map and the custom one). I can say that I am impressed.

After getting the bike on the road for a while there are a few spots that might need some fine tuning. I am figuring thats mainly due to having actual wind instead of the Fans used on the Dyno machine. Anyway, its still 100% better than it was before the map, and doesnt backfire every time you get on it and let off the throttle. Nice throttle responce through the full RPM Range, and a noticable power increase from the Stock Map.

Yoshi R5 Carbon Slip On Custom Map. Now everyone doenst have to use a map like the Jardine slip on one - until they get a custom one done like I did. Remember that every bike is different, and if you use this map. You should go get pay for an hour of dyno time to get it fine tuned for your bike.

In a few weeks, I'm going to take it to Racin Rays Automotive in Miami FL to have it fine tuned just a little more. I can say that I am happy with this map, and for the price and service you cant beat it. Although Ray manages to get even more out of every bike that I have seen that already has a custom map. He works some magic.

Sherpa
Attached Files
File Type: zip R5 Slip On.zip (937 Bytes, 100 views)

Last edited by Sherpah23; 03-09-2007 at 10:31 PM.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M58902hC3 View Post
i guess i pissed away $800 on a pc3 and yoshi slip on. bummer

Just dont run that Jardine Map. I dont know what the problem is with it. On mine there was a drop in power at 60% throttle, and the curve that you see above turned into a downward jaggid line, until 70% then up, then down...

You'll definetly see a big difference with the Yoshi and PCIII - A good change, as long as its mapped anywhere from Really Well to just OK.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Professional smart @ss

the dealership is installing all that stuff right now, not sure how they will map it. i just hope i see results for the price i paid.

-07 600rr (sold)
-06 600rr (sold)
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Did you pay for a custom map or did you just pay for the parts, and for them to get the Pipe and power commander installed? If you didnt have them map it. I would strongly suggest sticking with the Stock PCIII Map- or using the one that I posted until you can get one fine tuned for your bike. The one that I posted above gave my bike a little less HP than you see on TheX's chart, and 2 to 3 HP more than the stock map through the whole range. TheX's is perfectly tuned to his bike.

Using the map I posted, it shouldnt take more than 1 hour of dyno time to get yours fine tuned.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,722 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
They had my bike on the dyno all day, and a full tank of fuel. Well worth the time and extra money.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 10:25 PM

Yeah, no worrys about PCIIIs. Just get a custom map It's worth it. I went from 101 to 110 in the top end from my map. (remember that these numbers can only be compared to runs on the same dyno)
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

I posted the wrong map. I'm away from my laptop at the moment. This one only has between 90 and 100% throttle tuned. I'll post the full one when I get home tomorrow morning.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpah23 View Post
I posted the wrong map. I'm away from my laptop at the moment. This one only has between 90 and 100% throttle tuned. I'll post the full one when I get home tomorrow morning.
Thanks Sherpah...That would be fantastic!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Pocketbike Racer

yeah, pcIII def not worth it unless you get a custom map. i am planning on getting a custom map this summer.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 07:59 AM

im a bit confused by all this, ive got a pc III, rs-5 slip on and a k&n filter.

can't really afford to get a custom map at the mo, i havn't mapped my bike with my pc III yet because its new....... what pc III map should i run??

thanks!
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

I've been away from the computer. I'm going to post a good map for an R5 and an aftermarket air filter asap. I have to find my usb cable, get off work, have time to copy the map over to my laptop. I'll keep you posted.

The one that I posted the other day on this thread will work for now. Its basically the jardine slip on map with customizing done for an R5 slip on, and BMC filter from 80% to 100% throttle. So its still better to run than any of the other ones from the power commander site, but its not the full custom map that I got done. As soon as I have time I'll post the full one up.

Last edited by Sherpah23; 03-12-2007 at 10:48 AM.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I've been away from the computer. I'm going to post a good map for an R5 and an aftermarket air filter asap. I have to find my usb cable, get off work, have time to copy the map over to my laptop. I'll keep you posted.

The one that I posted the other day on this thread will work for now. Its basically the jardine slip on map with customizing done for an R5 slip on, and BMC filter from 80% to 100% throttle. So its still better to run than any of the other ones from the power commander site, but its not the full custom map that I got done. As soon as I have time I'll post the full one up.

Cool. i am looking forward to trying it out.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 12:31 PM

yes very eager!
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamstinkin View Post
yes very eager!
:icon_lol:
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:

Any word on when you might post this map up? Anxious to give it a try.

Thanks!

CB
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
IDK why they don't make one for yoshis
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 12:22 AM

Did this map ever get posted or did i miss it?
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 12:31 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA600rrGuy View Post
yeah, pcIII def not worth it unless you get a custom map. i am planning on getting a custom map this summer.
Not true, it's still an improvement over the stock fuel PC, but you'll get even higher benefits once it's mapped.

“Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return.”

CCS# 280...I get bored easily

2010 Sponsors - if they can help a slow guy like me, imagine what they can do for you!
Vortex Racing
Drive Systems USA
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:09 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
where is this shop located? ive only gotten quotes that say $350 for custom tuning. Place for 150-200 sounds great to me.

In the market again
'09 6RR Stolen/Recovered/Totalled
'06 6RR Totalled
'03 6RR Totalled
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Knee Dragger

I paid $350 for my custom map, at the same place that TheX got his done.

I was debating on taking it to another place that did mostly Aprilia's.. they had some special or something for like $200, but no one i knew had taken bikes there before for the tune.

But after thinking about it, and riding people's bikes and talking to them that had their bikes tuned at the more expensive place, I decided to bite the bullet and do the custom map at the more expensive place.

Was it worth it? I think so. I have similar gains like TheX, but more importantly the bike runs MUCH smoother, makes less "popping" and "wheezing" and other noises, and the power delivery is very smooth. Honestly, the bike runs a lot better.

I say pay the money and do it right.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 12:56 AM

I can't wait till you post up your map for us. I was comparing your map vs the regular leo vance slip. it seems as if they were giving it less gas. Looking good . I will try it out very soon.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 11:52 AM

i dont think its coming back anytime soon since this map is about 2 months old now
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 05:41 PM

It ain't about the map being good or bad for that pipe and filter, it's about the bike that it was done on not being the same as yours. No way will the map for a Jardine pipe on your bike be much different at all to the Yosh map you'd have written for it (with custom mapping). The whole point of what you've seen is to see that every bike is different, forget the mods, the bike they wrote that map for may as well have had exactly the same mods as your bike has, but the mapping would still have been crap on your bike.

Nobody can say just by seeing what your bike has on it, which map is best suited to your bike. NOBODY. If you want to get a pc, ask yourself why, and then using common sense, go get it custom mapped for YOUR bike. If for whatever reason you can't, forget asking "which map should I use" coz nobody can say which one and be right with ANY certainty what so ever. Just try different maps regardless of what pipe or whatever they are listed for, and see which one is closest to being what your bike needs and use that.

have fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page