BHP gains with Slipons..... - 600RR.net
Exhaust & Fuel Delivery Tips on how to get the most out of your bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post BHP gains with Slipons.....

Hey how many BHP will you approx gain with a slip on ? I installed the Two Bros M2 and now waiting for my PCIII....

What results did u get.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Moto GP Racer

3 HP or none......just a guest

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
supposedly people have gotten 6whp at peak with the arata, but i think 2-4 at the wheels is typical, no?

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Moto GP Racer

Its going to be a small gain but going to agree with snikwad.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyRR View Post
Its going to be a small gain but going to agree with snikwad.
+125154514. yep, snik is right.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Hitz eit from z back

I have to agree also, With just a slip-on you will see about 3hp at the wheel. The problem with people is they just look at peak numbers and not how their whole curve changed. You could only gain 1hp at the peak of the curve but gain 5 hp in the midrange. Every bike is different, some bikes will gain 1hp at the peak of the curve and others will gain 3 hp at peak, and every bike reacts different to different exhausts.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 07:34 PM

let me ask you this, does it actually gain 3hp or does it let the engine have a better chance to achieve its max rated hp.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 08:03 PM

http://www.rc51.org/stat.htm

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,722 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600rr Rider View Post
Every bike is different, some bikes will gain 1hp at the peak of the curve and others will gain 3 hp at peak, and every bike reacts different to different exhausts.
+1 and exactly why a custom map is so important.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
+1 and exactly why a custom map is so important.
hence the name custom

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Hitz eit from z back

Quote:
Originally Posted by down1up2gone View Post
let me ask you this, does it actually gain 3hp or does it let the engine have a better chance to achieve its max rated hp.
The only reason why you gain hp when you put a exhaust on is because the engine doesn't have to work as hard to push out the burnt fuel and gases. The easer the gases leave the engine and exhaust the more power you will get to a cretin extent where their is not enough back pressure and you will start to lose power then. You may gain 3 peak hp but that not all you should look at, you should look at the whole curve not just peak. Most people just look at peak hp and not how much they gained over the entire curve. Yes you might gain 3hp but you might not, it all depends on the bike, some bikes react different to mods then others. Another example is when you put an air filter on the bike and gain .5 hp on this bike and 1 hp on another. The reason why you gain hp when you put a air filter on is because the engine doesn't have to work as hard to get air into the engine. Another example why you get more hp, When you bike was new it made 100hp and after 1000miles it now makes 102hp because the seals and engine components loosened up and the engine doesn't have to work as hard to turn as it did before. Same basic thing the less the engine has to work the more power it will have.

Last edited by 600rr Rider; 03-19-2007 at 08:18 PM.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 09:37 PM
JMO
Jack Daniels is my bff

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
.67567973492729794297 Hp

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
if you want horse power i have three horse in texas for sale. they like apples so stock up

OG PostwhoreScooter riding HK chasin' SOB
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You will gain some power. I could not tell a diff on mine with the Jar until way up on the upper end, then on a full roll on it would lift a bit at around 11 grand with no pull on the bars whatsoever, something of which It would not do with the stock exhaust. So...anyone telling you that you aint getting nothing dont know what they are talking about.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 01:34 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm not sure about this whole "engine doesn't need to work as hard" stuff. I'm more into maximizing the fuel/air ratio such that you have a complete reaction. i.e. all the Oxygen is used and all the fuel is used. If none of either is left over, you got the most bang for your buck. Filters and Slip-ons allow more air into the equation. More air means we can also add more fuel to the ratio. More air and more fuel mean higher yield and larger HP numbers.

LeoVince Exhaust Systems - Scorpion USA - Vortex Racing - Woodcraft CFM
'07 GSX-R600 - '05 CBR 600RR - '04 Ninja EX250 (sold) - '98 CBR 900RR
Nationally Licensed MSF Instructor
UtahSBA MoM #314
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

Well i agree with you 600RR rider... i will be more than happy to have more midrange.......
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 04:52 PM

lets be honest, you haven't bought an exhaust for more hp, u bought it so it looks the business, these bikes are fast enough...and very few poeple are riding them to their limits on here anyway!

so yeh it is nice to know that u got a little more ooomph than joe bloggs but dont be dis-heartened when people tell u its just 2-3 hp extra.

the only thing thats gonna make ure bike faster is you, by the way u ride it, u kan hav all the mods in the world......rider makes the biggest difference!

so just giv it sum AMPS!!!! (but dun come off or u will fuk ure exhaust rite up)
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenjrose View Post
I'm not sure about this whole "engine doesn't need to work as hard" stuff. I'm more into maximizing the fuel/air ratio such that you have a complete reaction. i.e. all the Oxygen is used and all the fuel is used. If none of either is left over, you got the most bang for your buck. Filters and Slip-ons allow more air into the equation. More air means we can also add more fuel to the ratio. More air and more fuel mean higher yield and larger HP numbers.
I'm curious how a slip "allows" more air into this equation? A filter...sure, less restriction allowing more airflow, but an exhaust is a one way street. A slip allows more air OUT, but not into the fuel:air ratio. Lessens the back pressure allowing the exhaust to flow more freely when escaping the cylinder (i.e. the engine doesn't work so hard to push it out). If you want to maximize your fuel/air burn, I'd suggest looking at your ignition, timing, etc. Make sure your fire is hot enough if you're bumping up your fuel to air mixture.

Not hatin, just curious.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamstinkin View Post
lets be honest, you haven't bought an exhaust for more hp, u bought it so it looks the business, these bikes are fast enough...and very few poeple are riding them to their limits on here anyway!

so yeh it is nice to know that u got a little more ooomph than joe bloggs but dont be dis-heartened when people tell u its just 2-3 hp extra.

the only thing thats gonna make ure bike faster is you, by the way u ride it, u kan hav all the mods in the world......rider makes the biggest difference!

so just giv it sum AMPS!!!! (but dun come off or u will fuk ure exhaust rite up)
YEs unless your at the track pushing your bike to the limit which most can't do anyway you wont need the extra HP. You may notice a bit increase in power through the Mid range, but they are more for sound. It's not peak HP that you will prolly ever notice
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 12:07 PM

im in the uk, its pretty limited track here + there is the weather!
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Pocketbike Racer

not enough for the money you are wasting on it...
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 12:13 PM

not enough for the money you are wasting on it...uh?
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 02:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFileIt View Post
I'm curious how a slip "allows" more air into this equation? A filter...sure, less restriction allowing more airflow, but an exhaust is a one way street. A slip allows more air OUT, but not into the fuel:air ratio. Lessens the back pressure allowing the exhaust to flow more freely when escaping the cylinder (i.e. the engine doesn't work so hard to push it out). If you want to maximize your fuel/air burn, I'd suggest looking at your ignition, timing, etc. Make sure your fire is hot enough if you're bumping up your fuel to air mixture.

Not hatin, just curious.
That's a great question... Modern sport bikes have all kinds of "tricks" that engine tuners have learned over the years.

When taught about combustion, we're told that intake valves open to let air and/or fuel in during the intake stroke, they close, gasses are compressed during the compression stroke, combustion occurs during the power stroke, the exhaust valves open, gasses are pushed out in the exhaust stroke, and the process repeats. While that's a greatly simplified explanation that works well to explain how things work the devil is in the details.

One trick includes the exhaust valves opening slightly before combustion and the power stroke is complete. There is minimal power loss, and the expanding gasses give the exhaust stroke a head start. The exhaust is literally being pulled from the cylinder rather that having to be pushed.

Another trick, and this is how a slip-on affects getting more INTO the engine, is opening the intake valves before the exhaust valves shut. Exhaust can be treated like any other fluid. As it's is being pushed/pulled out of the cylinder, if the intake valves open prior to the intake stroke, fresh air can be pulled into the engine for free because the exhaust is flowing out the other direction. Kind of like a siphon. If we get the exhaust gasses moving out faster/easier this trick can allow more fresh air and fuel into the chamber sooner. When the intake stroke starts, there's already fresh air in the chamber.

There are hundreds of "tricks" that are being used in modern engines. Each individually affects performance only slightly. But having a fraction of bhp here and a fraction there adds up in the end. Whether or not you can put these extra ponies to work is all up to the rider.

LeoVince Exhaust Systems - Scorpion USA - Vortex Racing - Woodcraft CFM
'07 GSX-R600 - '05 CBR 600RR - '04 Ninja EX250 (sold) - '98 CBR 900RR
Nationally Licensed MSF Instructor
UtahSBA MoM #314
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page